What are you making for dinner?

edited 2 May 2020 at 11:05PM in Old Style MoneySaving
10.3K replies 630.7K views

Replies

• C_JC_J Forumite
    2.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd be tempted to email the manager about that, @kerri_gt!
  • IslandmaidIslandmaid Forumite
    5.7K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aww Kerrie, I agree with C_J maybe a quick email saying although the good was good, the long wait makes you reluctant to return, they may offer you a bit of a discount to encourage you back x

Im making the meal I was supposed to cook Sunday, roast lamb with a red wine gravy, dauphinois celeriac and spiced red cabbage. Bit of a faff for a Wednesday, but it’s smelling good 😉
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • kerri_gtkerri_gt Forumite
    10.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @C_J @Islandmaid I did think about dropping them an email. I had a quick look on TripAdvisor and there have been a couple of negative reviews of late. That said there's also been some really good ones. It's all so subjective. I heard the table that had the issue mention one of them was vegetarian so not sure if something had been served incorrectly with meat or if they were asking what something was cooked in but rather worrying if they served a veggie meat. Whilst that isn't a life and death scenario, it could be really serious if the same thing happened with an allergy sufferer.

Dinner tonight was the other portion of pasta, and I did remember to bake the baguette from the freezer and spread that with somr garlic butter.

Think i have enough room for xmas dinner now but would be good to clear a few more random items out whilst I can still partly see into it.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

5.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    @kerri_gt bless ya x maybe an email with just an honest constructive review from a customer’s point of view. Nothing public, nothing expected, just something to help them give a positive customer experience, anything to help a local business increase it’s footfall x

£300/£130
  • C_JC_J Forumite
    2.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tonight we are having a butternut squash, chickpea and cashew nut curry.  I made it last night, and it smells lovely.
    5.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jerk seasoned Spatchcock chicken, potato wedges and salads tonight, sans spuds for me :smiley:

£300/£130
  • sarahj1986sarahj1986 Forumite
    1.3K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Last night we had the leftover chicken which I did spring rolls, egg fried rice and the goldfish Chinese curry sauce 

tonight hidden veg pasta sauce which has got half a red pepper, a leek, a carrot, carton of frito (like passata only nicer), seasonings and then blended. Served with pasta and cheese 
    :money::rotfl::T
  • edited 2 December 2021 at 5:07PM
    BrieBrie Forumite
    1.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    edited 2 December 2021 at 5:07PM
    Tuesday night was a finger food buffet for 2 in front of the tv finished with peking duck.  (discounted at M&S so had to be used)

Yesterday I wanted lamb rump steaks but the butcher didn't have any nice ones as previously so I got the barnsley chops instead and had them with jacket potatoes.  OH had thawed some caramel pecan merangue roulades for afters - but why would anyone think they needed cream on top?  I guess it's an English thing?

in keeping with it being my birthday week it will be a dreadful take away of some sort - fish & chips or the equally evil KFC!  Is it actually worse?  Please don't tell me to take the skin/batter off and sub the chips with salad.  

Still wanting to have scallops.....off tomorrow to get my hair cut after much too long and there's a fish place en route so I will see if there are any there......I've not been to it but it's a bitty place in the middle of no where.  OH has been there and said he was intrigued to see a large sign outside saying "please do NOT wear a mask"  Turns out the guy who runs it is profoundly deaf and depends on lip reading.  Glad he's got the confidence to be in a customer facing roll - and I hope all of his customers are understanding of his situation.

Oh and after I get my hair cut I'm planning to dye it purple this weekend!!!
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • JILJIL Forumite
    7.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    I made a store cupboard tuna pasta bake. With salad.
  • FrithFrith Forumite
    7.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Homemade tomato sauce, meatballs and pasta. Sauce also for the freezer.