What are you making for dinner?

edited 2 May 2020 at 11:05PM in Old Style MoneySaving
10.3K replies 632.4K views

Replies

• SoundgirlrocksSoundgirlrocks Forumite
    712 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Mexican bean salad prepared last night as I'm driving up to Lincolnshire tonight to spend my birthday with the family 
  • kerri_gtkerri_gt Forumite
    10.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More out of the freezer today. Some roasted med veg, the last 4 veggie meatballs from Ikea and a tub of Jamie O past sauce. Alo added to a pot of pasta. Only issue is, I've now got 2 portions left to use up 🙈

Also got out some pulled pork from the depths to use tomorrow. Trying to decide whether to have it in a bun or with mash 🤔
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• SmooshSmoosh Forumite
    1.4K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Vegetarian Sloppy joes in brioche buns with HM potato wedges. 
  • JILJIL Forumite
    7.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    I bought some posh m&s ciabatta rolls and we had the Harry Ramsden cod bites (iceland) made into posh fish finger sandwiches. I even used the last of the pea shoots made into a kind of pesto. 
    Whilst I was picking up the rolls, I noticed the small "best" trifles reduced to 45p. I cant believe the original price for an individual small trifle was £2.50.

So pudding was sorted.  

• edited 27 November 2021 at 1:45PM
    C_JC_J Forumite
    2.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 27 November 2021 at 1:45PM
    Yesterday we spent the afternoon and evening at a local National Trust property, visiting the Christmas Market and Christmas lights trails so I was too tired by the time we got back for anything other than a cup of tea and a slice of toast! So tonight we will be having the steak and chips originally planned for yesterday, with a slice of cheesecake for pud.
  • BrieBrie Forumite
    1.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    OH is doing venison steaks with wild mushrooms in cream with croquette potatoes.

I've bought a big pack of smoked trout from Lidl for my birthday breakfast - not decided whether it will be eggs benjamin or the easier smoked fish and scrambled eggs on toasted muffins.  
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • sarahj1986sarahj1986 Forumite
    1.3K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Today we’ve just had the final lunch box of lentil and veg soup from the freezer. We had it with toast. 
    :money::rotfl::T
  • kerri_gtkerri_gt Forumite
    10.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pulled pork (me) goats cheese quiche (OH) with beans and roast spuds.

Just finished off the last of the bread and butter pudding with cream (me, OH not keen). Mog 'might' be finishing off the cream 🙈 
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• JILJIL Forumite
    7.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    We had tagliatelle. I had mushroom sauce, husband had spicy seafood and daughter had half and half!!
  • IslandmaidIslandmaid Forumite
    5.7K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    The stew ended up being left (uncooked) in the fridge, we’d had our booster jabs on Thursday and by yesterday we we’re feeling a bit ropey, so went to bed early - right as nine pence this morning.

we had a takeaway tonight, the stew will be Sunday lunch 👍
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130