Las Vegas guide and MSE thread 2018

Options

Comments

• gt568
    gt568 Posts: 2,499 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Does anyone know which version of 777 BA uses out of gatwick?

None of the maps on seatguru seem to match the map BA provide for seat booking....

Ta.
    {Signature removed by Forum Team}
  • slliw
    slliw Posts: 26 Forumite
    Options
    2 weeks till our 1st trip to Vegas. Been planning it for a whole year and so far this is how its looking

241 BA direct return flight in Club World via Avios points
    8 rewards btw me and the mrs via Myvegas (2 Aria Lunch buffet, NFI x2, Madame Tussards entry x2, $50 Aria freeplay x2, 3 night comp Vadara, Wolfgang Puck and a couple more)
    4 nights at MGM Grand inc $250 F&B credit
    Free upgrade to to Mlife Pearl status
    $50 credit Hexx
    SUV rental
    2 days booked for GC South Rim
    BOGOF dinner at Hash House a gogo

For a couple who have never set foot in Vegas before I think we've done pretty well, this time last year i didnt even know what a 'comp' meant :D
  • Brats64
    Brats64 Posts: 465 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Slliw

I take it you have at least 3 nights at the Aria among your hotel stays ?

To meet the requirements of the $50 Aria freeplay.
  • slliw
    slliw Posts: 26 Forumite
    Options
    oh yeah but they are comped rooms via Myvegas and they recently changed the terms that you can't use freeplay on comp rooms, fingers crossed that haven't started enforcing this at Aria like they have been doing at MB and Luxor
  • Brats64
    Brats64 Posts: 465 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    That’s fine..didn’t want you to use rewards that might not be valid.:)

We will be in Vegas at the same time as you.We go next Sunday.
    Trip no 18 I think.
  • stoneman
    stoneman Posts: 4,521 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    slliw wrote: »
    oh yeah but they are comped rooms via Myvegas and they recently changed the terms that you can't use freeplay on comp rooms, fingers crossed that haven't started enforcing this at Aria like they have been doing at MB and Luxor

We did just that 2 weeks ago in the Mirage. Needed a 2 night stay to get the $50 freeplay and we were using 2 night Myvegas comp. Rep just checked that we were staying 2 nights.
    The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.
  • Has anyone used the $20 trick at Luxor and been upgraded . We have a refurbished Queen Cleo room in the pyramid booked at the moment.
    Keeping both feet on solid ground
  • Vegasbound
    Options
    I purchased the comp ticket on myvegas for the Australian Bee Gees. When I signed in to mlife to redeem the ticket, it shows a calendar and you then pick the date that you want. The calendar goes from September 2018 through to January 2020 Unbelievably it is showing every date as being unavailable. It makes you wonder why they bother showing the reward as being available (saw the show a few years ago, so its not the end of the world).
  • jonesMUFCforever
    Options
    Vegasbound wrote: »
    I purchased the comp ticket on myvegas for the Australian Bee Gees. When I signed in to mlife to redeem the ticket, it shows a calendar and you then pick the date that you want. The calendar goes from September 2018 through to January 2020 Unbelievably it is showing every date as being unavailable. It makes you wonder why they bother showing the reward as being available (saw the show a few years ago, so its not the end of the world).

Remember if you are in any MGM property and you are purchasing any show tickets - to show your MLife card - you get about a third off.
  • vegasvisitor
    Options
    Has anyone used the $20 trick at Luxor and been upgraded . We have a refurbished Queen Cleo room in the pyramid booked at the moment.

Sadly wasn't successful with this last time we tried. We were given a price for an upgrade when we asked, as were others in our group who checked in on different days and tried.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure