Las Vegas guide and MSE thread 2018

Options

Comments

• stoneman
    stoneman Posts: 4,521 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 17 August 2018 at 10:46PM
    Options
    Arrived in Vegas 3 days ago, first 2 nights in the Mirage via myVEGAS rewards comps, we also got 2 lots of $25 free plays and a couple of lunch buffets, Mirage now has free beer and wine included in the buffet which is its saving grace, the buffet is pants.
    Pool is awesome, so good that although we are now in the Platinum we are using our old Mirage room Key to spend the days there.
    This will be our 4th night out and hoping the gambling gods start to work their magic. Been pretty dire so far.
    They have just finished some major referbs at the Platinum. Repainted the outside in a nice blue, replaced all the jacuzzi tubs with normal baths, and renovated the showers.
    The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.
  • pebblesmax
    pebblesmax Posts: 2,279 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Tony will be gutted that the jacuzzi tubs are gone.

Thanks for the update.
  • dollywops
    dollywops Posts: 1,736 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    dollywops wrote: »
    Change of plans. 2 nights comped at Signature on one account and 1 night comped at Signature on the other account. Could not do 2+2 at Park MGM.

So, have booked the other 2 nights at the Signature via SmarterVegas.
    Out of curiosity, I priced the 5 nights at the Signature and it came out $200 more expensive. At the end of the day, playing some games, costing me nothing and saving me $200 isn't too bad. We've had some nice free meals at the Hippodrome in Leicester Square and free chips. OH reckons we won about £500 over the outings - pays for our hotel in Vegas.

Now, what other suggestions does anyone have to use our rewards limit. Is it 3 per account per stay?

I’ve spent £34 buying chips and now have 4 rewards. Not sure that was such a good idea. Will use 1 reward to get $50 free play (which I could have done anyway). Any thoughts to get best value for my £34.
  • StuieUK34
    StuieUK34 Posts: 2,098 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    2-4-1 food stuff
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,363 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    dollywops wrote: »
    I’ve spent £34 buying chips and now have 4 rewards. Not sure that was such a good idea. Will use 1 reward to get $50 free play (which I could have done anyway). Any thoughts to get best value for my £34.

Personally I don’t think it was worth spending the money.

The hippodrome rewards are no good any more.

Can you use it for free nights ...maybe 2 free nights somehwere and then use the buffet rewards at the property you are r staying at
  • Indout96
    Indout96 Posts: 2,344 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    You can still get the VIP meal package (250 gold) at Hippodrome - which is still a decent saving if you are already down there, we tend to use it when we go down at Christmas. but Show is no more :-(
    Totally Debt Free & Mortgage Free Semi retired and happy
  • martmonk
    martmonk Posts: 863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If anyone happens to be in Vegas on Sept 8th, you might want to consider going to the Las Vegas Lights game (soccer) at cashman field.
    They're gonna select 200 fans, bring them onto the field, and drop $5000 from a helicopter.
  • StuieUK34
    StuieUK34 Posts: 2,098 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    dam !! if only that was on the 24th ! :D:D:D
    I had new Mlife offers hit me yesterday, so went with one of these (4 nights any hotel)..
    Deal I went for was 4 nights with FP/RC in the Mandalay Bay, 2 bedroom King panoramic room! its 1452sq ft!!! Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet !!!!
    I do hope its not the room from last years crazy shooting mind!

It shows me the cost on the breakdown, which is $2992 + Resort Fee of $167 ! WOW ! that's a lot of money, but judging how it costs a shed load for a normal room that week (24th sep), am guessing there is a conference on or something, as even the Luxor is pushing on cost!! I hope I get away with NOT paying the resort fee mind!

Our 5 night Vegas trip is now made up of 4 nights in MBay (Mon-Fri), and the final night, am yet to book, but am thinking downtown.....
    Either Downtown Grand or Plaza (to keep costs down, gonna have to share a room with my Dad = I need industrial strength earplugs! :D:D:D )
    Not sure which to go for, but I like both hotels! (still need pool time on the Friday afternoon !)

Everything seems expensive mind the week we are in Vegas (24th sep Week)…
    Hire cars are unreal in cost, and although Friday nights are expensive anyway, I am seeing real high costs for 28th sep! everything looks pricey, and it don't help we got bad exchange rates!
    I gotta hope lady luck is on my side for when I hit those slots/tables!
    Gotta hope I don't get abducted by aliens first mind when we are in the town of Rachel (ok, the few trailers scattered around rather than a town ! :D )
  • Boffin2001
    Options
    StuieUK34 Barret Jackson car auction is on at the MB between 27-29 of september . Me and OH are out from the 21st and we noticed the same . We managed to bag a 4 night comp at the luxor upgraded to a suite with FP/RC.
  • bobbyhibs
    bobbyhibs Posts: 642 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 25 August 2018 at 8:33AM
    Options
    StuieUK34 wrote: »

I gotta hope lady luck is on my side for when I hit those slots/tables!
    Gotta hope I don't get abducted by aliens first mind when we are in the town of Rachel (ok, the few trailers scattered around rather than a town ! :D )

As for lady luck i think every vegas visitor hopes for that but i do hope it comes around for you!!
    As for rachel im well jealous !.My brother and i were always hoping to sort out one of the tours thatyou can do..unsure whom you contact about it though...maybe at someone at rachel?
    As i ve said there are loads of youtube videos around(glenn campbell is pretty good to watch) in regards area 51/rachel
    On a kinda side note i recall seeing this video about the *janet terminal* and it looks to be like 5 mins from mandalay bay (though the guys filiming the video were told it was *private land* and were pretty much followed off the road)

kind regards and fingers crossed for you!

Boffin2001, I do like watching the barret jackson car auction when its on the tv over here though some of the cars...despite how nice they are are like oh gee thats like over 100k !!!!
    dunno if im just tight with my money or some people have too much moneyfor a car!! lol
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure