PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

More Charity Shop Bargains for 2018 & beyond!

Options

Comments

• Magpie100
    Magpie100 Posts: 245 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Think I made a bit of a boo boo yesterday . Found a pair of camel coloured slimfit trousers on the sale rail of the community chazza priced at £1.90. Lovely cosy thick material, zipped pockets just under the waistband at the front and buttoned suit stylee slip pockets at the back. Strange thing was - no size/care/maufacturer's label or any sign of one ever being there?? Anyhoo tried them on and an OK fit. Then when I got home I suddenly had a moment as I realised I already had purchased this* garment a few months ago. Aaaarrgghh...these senior blonde moments are just going to get worse aren't they

I appreciate your footnote, Miro, because I read this and thought you had re-bought a pair of trousers you had donated! Anyway, no harm in a £1.90 duplicate.

Well done, DfV. One less thing to think about.

I had an early Wednesday wander to the local Sue Ryder...the rich pickings continue. I found a pair of 7 for all mankind velvet skinny jeans for £3.95. These: https://www.houseoffraser.co.uk/brand/for-all-mankind/the-skinny-velvet-dark-emerald-as5344

Though I must disclose that as these are velvet they are looking a little lived-in. But, it's the last couple of months of winter and they fit well and for £3.95 I am very pleased. Planning to wear with my Carvela knee-high boots.

And, this shirt. BNWT with £29.00 tags, has been down to a tenner in the sale, but £4.50 to me. Love it and can't wait for spring so I can wear it! https://www.topshop.com/en/tsuk/product/palm-print-bowler-shirt-8505673

Happy M100 :j
  • Miró
    Miró Posts: 6,931 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    A glorious walk in brilliant, (but cold), sunshine found me eventually in the big clearance CRUK place. Could not resist a pair of M & S, black, slim fit trousers, as new for £3. I desperately need aversion therapy!!!! Please could someone deliver an electric shock to me whenever I consider buying trousers/jeans in black, navy or beige:o I would be embarrassed to count up how many I have in these colours but still cannot resist buying more if they pass the 'cup of coffee' test.

Did anyone hear the 'Soul Music' programme on R4 this morning at 9am?. The prog is about how a particular song has touched a variety of individual people's lives. Today's song was 'Days' by The Kinks. Won't say too much more but there was a bit right at the end that, in the light of recent news on this thread, released the onion ninjas. Just wondered if anyone else heard it.....?
  • Magpie100
    Magpie100 Posts: 245 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I didn't Miro, but it sounds great. I love that song...and now I love the phrase onion ninjas! Brilliant.

I too need aversion therapy. I am only holding back the tide by constantly tidying, sorting and donating more stuff back. I enjoy the hunt far, far too much...
  • luxor4t
    luxor4t Posts: 11,125 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Mir! wrote: »

Did anyone hear the 'Soul Music' programme on R4 this morning at 9am?. The prog is about how a particular song has touched a variety of individual people's lives. Today's song was 'Days' by The Kinks. Won't say too much more but there was a bit right at the end that, in the light of recent news on this thread, released the onion ninjas. Just wondered if anyone else heard it.....?

Missed the programme, but that song is on the list for my funeral. Any body who knows me closely will know why, but if the pharisees in the congregation don't like it, they can come and complain to me in person :p
    I can cook and sew, make flowers grow.
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Miro - Lovely song.

I dropped a bag of donations off yesterday whilst in town to pick up my glasses, had a look in that one shop for the dvd I am after but didn't look at anything else or in any other shops, the best thing is I am not resisting, I just don't want to look.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,614 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 16 January 2020 at 4:33PM
    Options
    yesterday got a cute small square wooden frame (matches others I have ) with a pretty handmade bone china 'posy' instead of a picture. Looks really good on my picture wall in the hall.
    Worth all of the 50 pence I paid! (and won't fade in the sun...... when that comes!)

and 6x table knives (also 50 pence) for my shoe boxes !
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,30 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=164 £88.25 spent!!!
  • DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,913 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Listened & wow. Thank you, Miro!
    We had a sunlit decade, and one overcast. And he'd have been 21 in another few weeks.
    I think I need to spec the Kirsty MacColl version for my funeral - Love her voice and yes, I am just so thankful for the many glorious days.
    Just I wanted more. Greedy, but I am.

I had to go see medics but Himself needed fresh air & exercise. I caught up with him, grumbling about the rain & he grouched that his back ached & it was (naturally) All My Fault.

Well, as I unloaded the hunt, I couldn't wholly disagree. Six Denby Blue Jetty cups & saucers, (wrapped generously in newspaper, by one laid back assistant, to the hissing of another, who was distinctly peeved at some chap for labelling the dozen pieces as 'set for £4'!), 2 oval saucers with space for extra biscuits in Denby something else (not solidly identified yet), five Denby Canterbury cereal bowls & a Langley Canterbury side handled sauce boat.

Oh and I researched the Langley water jugs - a matched pair made in 1913, identical marks, a complete treat to unravel as I worked through all the impressed markings. They don't make them like that any more & what they do, they don't mark as beautifully. (Apart from jewelery but I can't afford to get into that!)
  • Potternerd
    Options
    Clarks black flat knee high boots (with elastic panels to accommodate my chunky calves) £8
    Duck egg blue china: one large and 4 medium size dinner plates, 3 small side plates and 2 oval dinner plates £6. They all look identical in design but some are Debenhams and some Johnny Lulus. I have donated more plates back to charity shop as I'm trying to not have too much clutter. These new plates will mix in well with my CS find odds and ends of Burleigh, Emma Bridgewater and Cornishware.
    And lo and behold a small Burleigh Calico teapot in perfect condition £2.50; this one costs £59 new!
    Black M and S skinny jeans £4 with quality control stickers still on.
    A Joules jersey dress blue and pink flowers on a purple background £3
    Addidas cropped fitness tights look new £4
    A grey stretchy Primark exercise top £2
    A Superdry blue oxford shirt for DS BNWT £15.
  • tessie_bear
    tessie_bear Posts: 4,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    i got a big pile of wedgewood tea plates today for £3 i put my cats food and dreamies on vintage plates so am always on the lookout for nice ones. The cats seem pleased with them and they can be fussy x
    onwards and upwards
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Pair of Peter Storm waterproof trousers age 9/10 years for 50p for the eldest step grandson and also an almost new pair of wellies in his size for £1.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure