PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

More Charity Shop Bargains for 2018 & beyond!

Options

Comments

• Miró
    Miró Posts: 6,910 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Up in North Yorkshire for the weekend so had the chance to have a squiz in the charity shops of Northallerton. Saw some lovely quality items....a Balmain blazer and a Max Mara camel coat tempted me but, perhaps fortunately, not my size. Prices were eye wateringly high tho! One charity shop had a table of goodies all on a 'pay as you feel' basis with a donation box in the middle. Came away with four long handled spoons - probably meant for sundaes but great for scraping the very lasts remnants out of jars. Also got 4 Ikea bowls from the white 365 range and a large serving platter also from the same range - I have a friend who uses this set and has a habit of smashing pieces against taps! Also got a b/n oven thermometer. Hope I gave a fair donation...would have preferred if the items had been priced actually.... :o
  • Owain_Moneysaver
    Options
    B&H gifty sets, a whole shelf-ful at about £4.50.

They're in Tesco at £2.25.
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
  • Potternerd
    Options
    More White leather Converse (I can't resist) £2
    Cropped Mand S sculpt and lift jeans. £1.75I'm thinking they'll look good with white Converse and a white shirt or stripy top all of which I have in abundance, come the spring.
    A cream canvas cross body bag medium size. £2. I already have large and small so this is a useful addition.
    A chambray Dorothy Perkins pinafore dress£3. It's quite short so I thought I would attach a heavy silk scarf to the bottom to lengthen it.
    A Villeroy and Bosch travel mug£1.50. It has a porcelain rather than a rubber lid which I think will be nicer to drink out of.
  • DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,906 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    All things bright & beautiful! We thought we’d like to sort A4 photos & frames for ourselves & grandmothers & dutifully puttered off to Hobbycraft, Dunelm, Wilcos. All to no avail - the nice wooden photo frames quite simply did not exist.

Snarling, we retreated, regrouped & today prowled the charity shops. British heart had a handsome print of Yorkshire (we smilingly did not hiss, bring in Lancashire) in a passable frame. Several more shops had frames of the dunelm wood-effect stuff. Then Accrington maundy came through with not one but two frames for a pound a pop! I was almost ready to dance when Himself nudged me towards a shelf where “everything 50 pence” meant I happily lugged three Denby mugs, (I think greystone), out with me!

Yes, we still have a funeral and I fear it’ll feel like organ donation whilst alive awake & breathing but of the many photos (a joyful, sorrowful, glorious process) we have now to pick photos for frames.
  • wishuponastar
    Options
    Someone recommended i ask my question on this thread (apologies if it is not in the correct place).

What clothing brand starts with letter (small case) e and ends in what looks like it would be a letter d?
    I have a dress and the clothing label brand has been removed and i'm wondering which brand it is.

It starts with the letter e in small case and looks like it ends with a d. Judging from the size of the e and d i'd guess the length of it is on the longer side about 8-10 characters, not the shorter side 3 or 4.

Any guesses would be appreciated. Thanks.
  • bsuije
    bsuije Posts: 61 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Someone recommended i ask my question on this thread (apologies if it is not in the correct place).

What clothing brand starts with letter (small case) e and ends in what looks like it would be a letter d?
    I have a dress and the clothing label brand has been removed and i'm wondering which brand it is.

It starts with the letter e in small case and looks like it ends with a d. Judging from the size of the e and d i'd guess the length of it is on the longer side about 8-10 characters, not the shorter side 3 or 4.

Any guesses would be appreciated. Thanks.

Finding a needle in a haystack sounds easier than this! I do love a good detective hunt, though! :D

Can you upload a picture of the label and/or the dress? Also, have you tried googling the features of the dress itself, e.g. "black full skirt cotton dress with beading"? Not likely to yield much unless the dress is very unique, but worth a try.
  • Artytarty
    Artytarty Posts: 2,642 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 22 January 2020 at 11:57AM
    Options
    https://www.stylight.co.uk/Brands/
    Anything here? Could it be Escada and the last d has worn off?
    Eastland? It's on the full list if you click it
    Norn Iron Club member 473
  • luxor4t
    luxor4t Posts: 11,125 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    To my local CS, well I was passing and it would be rude not to...

They are having a sale of sorts, but nothing gladdened my eye. In fact, I came away quite miffed as they appear to have doubled the price of paperbacks to £1.
    OK, "their shop, their choice" and all that but next time I fancy picking up a novel to read and return, I shall go to the other CS which asks 50p a book.
    I can cook and sew, make flowers grow.
  • wishuponastar
    Options
    bsuije wrote: »
    Finding a needle in a haystack sounds easier than this! I do love a good detective hunt, though! :D

Can you upload a picture of the label and/or the dress? Also, have you tried googling the features of the dress itself, e.g. "black full skirt cotton dress with beading"? Not likely to yield much unless the dress is very unique, but worth a try.

Thanks, both good ideas. I don't remember how to upload a photo, i do have one though. I'll see if i can read on the technical board how to do it.

I've tried googling the features but nothing.
  • wishuponastar
    Options
    Artytarty wrote: »
    https://www.stylight.co.uk/Brands/
    Anything here? Could it be Escada and the last d has worn off?
    Eastland? It's on the full list if you click it

Thanks, it doesn't appear to be on that list. No it definitely looks like d is the last letter as the dress is new so not worn off.

I thought it was Eastland but when i checked their branding starts with a capital E and mine is a small e.

I'll see if i can work out how to upload a photo.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure