Travelling On

Options

Comments

• rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,538 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    The garden was my priority today too - doing everything I could just to be outside in the sunshine!

Some herb plugs got put out in the herb bed with bottle 'bells' to protect them from the slugs.  More pruning of bushes & trees - the lilac has taken off since I pruned out as much dead stuff as could be reached!  Also cleaned up fallen blossoms from the path which turn into a sticky slippery mess otherwise!

Also attempted to get some solar lamps working again - bought the wrong batteries so that will have to wait a few days more. Did manage to sit outside & restring OH's Mom's wind-chimes which we actually have hanging inside in the kitchen but somehow OH managed to yank on it & break the string!

Then OH reminded me it was my turn to cook dinner - which is why I'm now inside typing this on the laptop - LOL🤣🤣🤣 - guess I should go & see about feeding us!
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • teapot2
    teapot2 Posts: 3,262 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Sounds like you had some wildlife close encounters Karma.  My hair is longer at the moment than its been for many a year and I keep thinking theres a beastie on my neck but its just my hair tickling me  :).
    Glad you got to look at your pension details and the info was all there.  I also had the NI message about 4 years of  pre 1975 contributions.  I was working for some of that period after I left school though in fact I worked part time from age 13 but not sure now if it was all 'on the books'.  Hope you have a good Sunday :)
  • Suffolk_lass
    Suffolk_lass Posts: 9,345 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    The bees go to bed in the evening as the temperature falls if you want to do a last thing tidy in your onions
    Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000 only £798.34 so far
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 31.1% spent or £932.98/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks for that, SL - I'm just surfacing after breakfast and coffee, and I can tell its already too late, the temperature's already up here.  I can try it this evening.
    Made a to-do list this morning, full of bitty things - do the paperless visa thing that got stuck at the end of last week, finish filling the green bin, water plants, and yes, wash shopping ... I'm prevaricating tremendously, mostly because its the soft plastic wrapped stuff I don't like washing - things like oats and pasta.  But even though its been there since Thursday, it still has to be done.  I might go for smaller shops in future, it would mean that cleaning it all in one go wouldn't be beyond me.
    Still, a bit of time on here would be nice - its just turned 10am, so a few minutes won't hurt :smiley:
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • rtandon27
    Options
    Karmacat said:
    ...I might go for smaller shops in future, it would mean that cleaning it all in one go wouldn't be beyond me...
    I feel your pain KC - our bi-weekly shop comes this evening & I just know it will be a full two hours before I have everything cleaned & put away!  I can see where you are coming from with the smaller shops - I may return to the weekly delivery once the shielding restrictions are lifted for OH in August!
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks RT - in my case, "smaller" actually means "bi-weekly" :blush: as mine are actually monthly :blush:  so you can just see what a situation I've created for myself!  Hope your unpacking tonight goes well.
    Now, here's something I never thought I'd run out of - sympathy cards :( I'm just sending off my last today.  I had 3 when lockdown started - that's unusual even for me, but I went to a county fair last year and really nice cards were being sold off at 20 for £1.  The ones that have died all count as elderly (85 plus) , and only one is specifically from coronavirus, but still ... makes you think.  I do have some plainish cards left, or dozens of old postcards of artworks I could send, or indeed my fabric stash to glue things to a blank card form (Wilko variety) ... it's taken me aback, somewhat.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • rtandon27
    Options
    Karmacat said:
    ...in my case, "smaller" actually means "bi-weekly" :blush: as mine are actually monthly ...
    LOL - it's all relative...
    ...in my head I thought you were already doing bi-weekly!
  • themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,898 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    If you'd like proper sympathy cards, you could have a look on Ebay for a pack Karma? Depends how tailored the ones you normally send are.
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback