Travelling On

Options

Comments

• themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,943 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Ooh, enjoy Sutton Hoo - it's in the middle of a makeover, but I think some of the stuff is just beginning to be opened. Never been to Clacton, but friends of DH's parents have moved there - sure it'll be lovely. And the sea... the wonderful sea - enjoy!

Sounds very sensible to get the suitcase collected in advance.
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• teapot2
    teapot2 Posts: 3,273 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I used to enjoy a day out in Clacton as an escape from the big smoke and I'm rather partial to a wander on a pier :o [with ice cream or chips or even both but not at the same time :D]

Have fun :cool:
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sounds good then, excellent, thank you both :j
    Not trying to do any of the big jobs today, just tidying, laying things out to pack, clearing my camera and phone so I can take more photies :) then backing up will be next :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Karmacat
    Options
    I managed to get my environmental post up and running last night, and since I *still* didn't get any commission links in there, and it won't earn me any money, here's the linkie: http://www.preparednessfactandfiction.co.uk/environmental-prepping/

Nothing else new, just a repeat of yesterday's "tidying and laying things out to pack", oh, plus I'm pottering off to the local village fair this afternoon :) which is huuuuuge.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.
  • Karmacat
    Options
    All went well today :) managed to get out to the fair, *with* my sister, she was duly impressed at the size of it all :) and we were given a leaflet for the local NT organisation - sort of camp followers of the NT, I'm not sure :rotfl: its independent of the NT, and in my town, with a very low joining fee (like £3 p.a.) so I think I'm in.

Sister has collected my suitcase and my hessian bag of food for the caravan - just basics that can be brought home again.

Lazy afternoon after that, though some washing machine shenanigans are taking place in the background. And I just placed a supermarket order, for a week Tuesday, yikes. £10 off, and only £1 delivery fee, fine by me. I took care not to bulk buy anything that I could buy cheaper from Healthy Supplies or from Somaya, the online Indian supermarket whose home is ten minutes rail journey for me - heavy settlement of Indian families there, so the restaurants and the shops are splendiferous :) thats where I got the 1kg of turmeric for £2.99 :)

I might do a little weed seed-head lopping just now. Nothing energetic :)
  • earthgirl
    earthgirl Posts: 3,762 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Karmacat wrote: »
    I managed to get my environmental post up and running last night, and since I *still* didn't get any commission links in there, and it won't earn me any money, here's the linkie: http://www.preparednessfactandfiction.co.uk/environmental-prepping/

Nothing else new, just a repeat of yesterday's "tidying and laying things out to pack", oh, plus I'm pottering off to the local village fair this afternoon :) which is huuuuuge.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Loved your article, so much work went into that!!
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (£220k) Bought Dream House:www: Dec 13 - Mortage 2 -£116,508. 15/7/18 Mortgage Free Again :j

Progress not Perfection
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Aww, thank you! Yes, I worked hard on it, I feel quite strongly about all this. One comment on another forum was the importance of hedging as a positive environmental input that can be made. And I agree, and I feel slightly shocked I left it out :p but you have to be wary, like with my laurel hedges that take over my life for 2 - 3 weeks each year at the moment! And they should be multifunctional, providing food for birds, nesting material, anything.

I got myself together yesterday in terms of at least getting things from the kitchen down to the living room, meaning that the upstairs is nearly all clear, hurray :beer: Plus the weed seed-head chopping went well an'all :) Finishing all that up today :)
  • teapot2
    teapot2 Posts: 3,273 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I enjoyed your blog KC, hope you might be able to get some commission links in there as well at some point. I already do a few of the things you wrote about and am interested in 'rewilding' as well. I was sat in the garden yesterday watching all the bees going from flower to flower and listening to the birds and that gives me a lot of contentment [but not complacency I know theres much more to do].

Well done on getting the upstairs cleared, that will make a difference. Has the tiling been done in the kitchen? I might have missed that?...
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Thank you teapot! I love it that people read my blog :) and I like writing the articles :) I've got to work harder at relearning how to put Amazon links in - wordpress have changed their interface so much, I can't use the new system yet :o

The tiling hasn't been done yet, your wonderment is correct :D when I got back from the Kent holiday, the tiler happened to be on holiday the very next week, and this week, it was a 4 day week, and it just didn't happen. I'll have to text tomorrow and ask for a time during the week beginning 10th June!
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,744 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I have tried 4 times to say that I'm another one who enjoyed your article. Pesky token kept expiring despite me re-loading the page.

And tha fair sounds wonderful.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback