🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Travelling On

Options

Comments

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Update:
    - dishwasher on - not on, but ready, at least.
    - make sure my diary's up to date for June, admin and events done.
    - more weeding.
    - going to hop out to see reduced rates at Waitrose near closing time :):):)
    - gluten free Yorkshire puddings, partly to use up some very old eggs. done!
    - decision made about NT holiday in September. done

The NT thing is quite exciting :rotfl: I was mooching about on their website while I was in Essex, and realised that Agatha Christie's place in Dorset is open to view. A distant relative of mine, who used to send children's clothes for my mum and her brothers and sister, married a couple of multimillionaires, and rented it from Agatha Christie during the first part of the war. She was the housekeeper of the first one :D And I can go see the house :D

Right. Weeding, and then Waitrose :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Karma I have a reel to reel tape machine! It has no purpose in this house. No idea how much it would cost to courier it if you wanted it.
    Oh wishing! I've only just seen this! Thats such a generous offer, thank you. I'm going to check if my brother or sister have access to one (or a neighbour who's a ham radio operator, actually) ... but I might well come back to you. Thank you so much :)
  • teapot2
    teapot2 Posts: 3,276 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hope you enjoyed the yorkshires - nom nom love 'em :D and got some good reductions in Waitrose.

My nearest Waitrose is about 40 miles away unfortunately as I used to enjoy shopping there when I lived in the big smoke.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    teapot2 wrote: »
    My nearest Waitrose is about 40 miles away unfortunately as I used to enjoy shopping there when I lived in the big smoke.

Check if they deliver out your way, teapot2. I was surprised to see a Waitrose van in our road occasionally although our nearest store is just under 40 miles away. I checked our postcode on the website and see that they would deliver here but only on a specific day once a week.
  • themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,959 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Lovely bit of family history there Karma :) and so cool that you can go and visit - is that Greenway? Cornwall is certainly good for NT places :)
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• Karmacat
    Options
    teapot2 wrote: »
    Hope you enjoyed the yorkshires - nom nom love 'em :D and got some good reductions in Waitrose.

I did enjoy them, thanks :D though the tins I have are too deep - I might buy a muffin tray for the new oven :)

Waitrose 3.30pm Sunday shopping went well - 25p bag of salad, still crunch, had been £1.50, frozen veg, plus the crumpet tins I've been looking for - stainless steel that can be used on non stick and ceramic - £6. Snapped 'em up :)
    themadvix wrote: »
    Lovely bit of family history there Karma :) and so cool that you can go and visit - is that Greenway? Cornwall is certainly good for NT places :)
    Thats right, Greenway! Agatha didn't like them apparently, they burned quite a few holes in the furniture with their cigarettes :eek:
    People used to talk all the time about genealogy providing links to millionaires - I never used to believe it, but I was fascinated that people did. But this one had such a lot of evidence: the pix of my mum as a toddler in these ever-so-fancy clothes, and then when our little family email group got together, it turned out that the grandfather of one of them had been down to their French villa and he had four letters on the notepaper. A bit conclusive :D
  • Karmacat
    Options
    I was lucky with my walk this morning - only got rained upon for the last 15 minutes or so, and not too heavily. New route was fun, as well. But such rain all afternoon! Impossible to do anything in the garden when its like this, so I've done a bit inside, done a bit of tidying on the computer, done a huge admin email to my sister (Canadian research!) but I didn't look at my to-do list very carefully :o and there's two admin things I really should have done, both online. I can do them now, they can last one more day.

Hope everyone's dry or getting there :)
  • themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,959 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Glad you managed to get out and largely avoid the rain. I popped down the garden to check on things, but that's as far as I've been today! Definitely not a day to be outside (unless you're my friend on Scilly, who has been frolicking with her children in gorgeous sunshine! Not fair!!).
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• Karmacat
    Options
    Ooh, Scilly - that was my goal for the September holibob until I joined the NT and realised there were no NT properties there - I'll save the Scillies for next year :)

One necessary admin thing done (sending money to my current account, to fulfil the monthly credit requirement). Other, paying for my domain name, doesn't have to be done till 30th of this month, so I'm not doing it tonight. Off for a nice shower in 10 mins, when the water's good and hot.
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,768 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Bet you are glad you went off on your jaunt last week and not this!
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure