Travelling On

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,653 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    My last soda stream many years ago was 30 quid & thought that was expensive :eek:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Goldiegirl wrote: »
    I'm speaking to you from my new laptop!

Setup went well, thankfully.

We are now getting familiar with Windows 10, but I've nearly had enough for today.

From tomorrow, we will gradually start getting programmes, photos and other documents on the new laptop, but there's no rush to get it done.
    Well done you! Thats a really difficult thing to do, hope it carries on smoothly :)
    You have a magic corner in your kitchen?!? Does it go to Narnia...?
    :rotfl: thats what the kitchen designer called it: just shelves with a wiggly secondary shelf, that pulls out the thing thats on there:
    https://www.wickes.co.uk/Wickes-Nuvola-Unhanded-Kitchen-Twin-Tray-Corner-Pull-Out-Shelving---800mm/p/158522
    This is the one I've got (uh, I paid almost half what it shows here). It doesn't use the entirety of the space, but it does make it a lot easier to use 90% of it. I reckon that I can use the remaining 10%, at the very back, to store empty kilner jars of one sort or another, things that I'm going to need very, very rarely.
    All of that is much too practical. I prefer the term "magic corner" :)
    beanielou wrote: »
    My last soda stream many years ago was 30 quid & thought that was expensive :eek:
    Many years ago, I'm sure it was, beanie :beer:
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »

Was it worth buying, beanielou? Did you get lots of use out of it or was it one of those gadgets that end up at the back of the cupboard once the novelty's worn off? I'm still wondering if I'll use one enough (once I find one that I can afford and definitely not Lakeland's one;)) to justify the cost. I love the idea of cutting down on the plastic bottles that shop-bought fizzy water comes in.:j
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Noella wrote: »
    Was it worth buying, beanielou? Did you get lots of use out of it or was it one of those gadgets that end up at the back of the cupboard once the novelty's worn off? I'm still wondering if I'll use one enough (once I find one that I can afford and definitely not Lakeland's one;)) to justify the cost. I love the idea of cutting down on the plastic bottles that shop-bought fizzy water comes in.:j
    Since you love the fizzy water, Noella, I'd have thought it *was* worth it for you. Can you use them just for water? Do they have to have the "soda" flavouring? I've no idea, I have to say :rotfl:
  • Karmacat
    Options
    I'm quite tired after yesterday, its taking me a long time to surface, but at least I know that my corner cupboard is nice and dry and ready to be filled.

Lots to do today, but I can't do too much: fill that cupboard, then attend a routine medical thingy that comes around every 3 years or so, use that to buy linseed and pumpkin seeds, which I've run out of. I'd like to say I'll be out digging the garden, but I really doubt it. Hopefully tomorrow, though I might manage some of the low-hanging weeds (so to speak :D). I'm definitely catching up with myself, I just don't want to overdo things before the next little trip away.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,653 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Noella wrote: »

My mum & I used it til it fell to bits.
    She used it for soda & I used it for pop. Loved the vimto :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    We had a sodastream when we bought our first house (back in 1991!) - it was a 'freebie gift' for taking out a catalogue (of the Grattan/ Kays/ Great Universal type) and came with 6 glass bottles and screw lids. We got bored with it and sold it for £4 at a carboot - where several other stallholders were selling them at similar prices.

Maybe faceb00k marketplace or t'bay could yield a hardly used one for a fraction?
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • teapot2
    teapot2 Posts: 3,273 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hope you managed to take it a bit easier KC and didn't do tooo much today?
  • themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,943 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Glad you mentioned the Frugalwoods soda stream hack Cheery - you beat me to it! Not for everyone, but tempting, definitely. Perhaps when we move we'll do something like that.

Hope you had a good day yesterday Karma and not too strenuous. Where's your next jaunt to?
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• Karmacat
    Options
    Morning! I absolutely took it easy, teapot, in fact I postponed the routine medical thingy, and didn't go to the shops either, just to the end of the road to collect my Boots order, which I need for next week (sun lotion!).

Also did one gardening job as I came back from Boots - pulled up the stalks of the mystery weed, as its starting to set seeds. I'd like to say I dug it up, but I didn't. At least I can see where the roots are now, it'll be easier when I get back. Such a lot of nutrition is stolen from the soil! Must do better.

Today - all about preparing for my sister to collect my suitcase tomorrow, so my journey to her on Monday is easier (I'm taking the big suitcase, as we're bringing our own bedlinen, its both cheaper and more pleasant. So this is about laundry, dishwasher, packing the food/ tea&coffee. And not wearing myself out: apart from the tiny jobs I did yesterday described above, I did nothing except sit and watch tv, or faff with the computer. Faffing today - yes, I want to do the environmental blog I mentioned earlier in the month.

ETA - hi madvix, just seen you - we're staying in Clacton (such a weird rep, but we're in my sister's car) so its Essex and Suffolk - Sutton Hoo is top of the list :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure