Travelling On

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Karmacat wrote: »
    OMG Noella, there's got to be a cheaper way to do it! With a result thats just as good. Surely even JL would be cheaper than that? Use your mse ninja skills! I'm off to google ...

Thank you. Yes, I agree and am currently about to have a Google. Lakeland are great for unusual things you can't find anywhere else but for branded goods they are usually way OTT pricewise:eek:.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 29 May 2019 at 11:13AM
    Options
    Karmacat wrote: »

Bless you for this, KC:A. With all that you have going on in your busy day and you still take the time and trouble to help over something as trivial as my yen for a Sodastream. Just going to check out the link xxxx

Edit: Just checked and the identical version as Lakeland's (with a glass bottle instead of plastic) is £119.99 so that's £30 cheaper:eek:. There's also a cheaper one still on Amazon with a plastic bottle. The glass bottle is described as a 'carafe' but it's just a glass bottle really;)
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Update:
    - Noella, glad you check things out, excuse the cacophony of "waah, don't do that" :rotfl:

- set up the dishwasher done
    - text thanks to nephew and niece in law for pressie for catsitting :)done
    - ring builder done
    - ring dentist for routine appointment done
    - check out NT properties around our next Sun caravan holiday, erm, next week.done

So I need to do this lot, plus check on TripAdvisor for Suffolk/Essex.
    - pop out locally for more kitchen towels :o feels bad, but thats all I can do.
    - then do some cleaning.
    - write email apologising to all the geographically distant friends I've abandoned :o:o:o
    - and something I'm dreading even more, starting up changing over my mobile service - even getting my PAC number would be a victory.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,792 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Making good progress there KC! :j Your little trip to Box Hill has reminded me I planned to investigate and see whether there are any other NT places round here for my next solo day out (Mr Cheery doesn't do such things but I quite like them every now and then)

Noella - did you see Mrs FrugalWoods' soda stream alterations?? I'm not sure I'd be doing that in my own kitchen but it's certainly a cheaper option!

https://www.frugalwoods.com/2019/01/25/hacked-sodastream-seltzer-reload-and-other-december-2018-expenditures/

:)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Noella - did you see Mrs FrugalWoods' soda stream alterations?? I'm not sure I'd be doing that in my own kitchen but it's certainly a cheaper option!

https://www.frugalwoods.com/2019/01/25/hacked-sodastream-seltzer-reload-and-other-december-2018-expenditures/

:)

Thank you for that, Cheery:T.

I was subscribed to her newsletters after enlisting for a challenge once on her website but I haven't received anything for months:(. I love some of her ideas but a lot just aren't totally practical or scalable for me. Will look at your link when I get a mo and definitely before I splash the cash and buy a Sodastream;)
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Thanks for that, Cheery, that looks hopeful :) I've come back on here to avoid doing anything else on my list. True, unfortunately :cool: though at least I've bought the kitchen towels and run out into the garden to rescue the washing on the line :) the rain is still going, though much lighter.

I've realised I don't want to write my email because I'm embarrassed at not having written it before. Thats only going to get worse the longer I delay ... sigh. Okay. 10 minutes on the email, then the cleaning, if I'm still embarrassed. Good lord, fancy having the cleaning as the *object* of my self-bribe, not the avoidance! What's the world coming to ...
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I empathise completely over the email situation. I know from bitter experience that the longer we put things off the harder they are to achieve. I recently read some advice in yet another book about organising our lives. I read so many of these, free of charge via the library or elsewhere although I do indulge if I see one in a charity shop:o. I always think they'll change my life:rotfl:

This one recommended putting the thing that is hardest, longest, most unappealing etc right at the top of our To Do List and don't be distracted by any of the others (which only puts off the evil hour) until it's done. Result is, apparently, satisfaction and relief that something we didn't want to do is out of the way and the feeling of euphoria will speed us through the rest of the list. Not sure it works as I'm the world's worst for finding excuses for eating any frog:o
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Thanks Noella :) its so true about doing it first (or soon, anyway :) ), *and* about being satisfied and happy when its done. I clicked on an email I got yesterday, as they'd sent me another one the previous week, and found out that they sent this latest one because they're off to America in a couple of days. So that got me into gear, and I sent them something (with a few pix of the renovation) straight away. Happy days :)

Right. Cleaning the magic corner of the kitchen (the one with two sets of shelves that make good use of corners) ....
  • Goldiegirl
    Goldiegirl Posts: 8,805 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Options
    I'm speaking to you from my new laptop!

Setup went well, thankfully.

We are now getting familiar with Windows 10, but I've nearly had enough for today.

From tomorrow, we will gradually start getting programmes, photos and other documents on the new laptop, but there's no rush to get it done.
    Early retired - 18th December 2014
    If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,747 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    You have a magic corner in your kitchen?!? Does it go to Narnia...?
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback