New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Travelling On

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Mortgage-Free Wannabe
5.3K replies 251.3K views

Replies

• Suffolk_lassSuffolk_lass Forumite
    5.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love my Franke sink - it is coming up to fifteen years old and as new - like this one link - I wash up in the mini sink which just fits a saucepan or use it for the dregs if I have water in the other one like greent - you won't regret it!

Save £12k in 2020 - #20 £5,010.84/£5k 100.22% after September
    OS Grocery Challenge 2020 target £2,230.32/£3k 74.34% so far at end of Sep
    Mortgage Free Wannabes 2020 #37 - exceeded our £15,000 target and paid the whole thing off
    MFIT T5 No 2 all gone after Q7
    My Debt Free Diary was Get a grip Woman
  • KarmacatKarmacat Forumite
    34.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's good to hear, SL - nobody says "we use x amoung of metal per square centimetre", or anything like that, so price, brand name and experience count for a great deal.

My light fitting wasn't delivered yesterday :( I mean, if they promised 48 hour delivery, that would still have been fine, but they said next day. Doh!

Nuclear power station tour tickets booked - only just squeaked in, I didn't realise they were so popular. You have to register and fulfil a fair list of obligations on the day, which is interesting of itself :)

Plasterer (on his tod) says he'll be finished soon after 1pm,

Today, I must:
    - phone builder to get quote for painting the kitchen.
    - send my sister the other *four* documents Dungeness sent me.
    - phone brother.
    - write a blog.
    - faff about with surveys.
    Downsized and paid off mortgage 2010
    Retired August 2016
    Paid off French mortgage September 2018
    New kitchen fully installed June 2019
  • rtandon27rtandon27 Forumite
    3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Boo to botched delivery! Hope they will refund the delivery charge at least!

Loving that you have a list for today :D It's good to have a sense of normality in the day!
    4 YEARS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    Finally managing to keep all the balls in the air and juggle the budget!
    34.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rtandon27 wrote: »
    Boo to botched delivery! Hope they will refund the delivery charge at least!
    Ooh, I didn't think of that! Will investigate :D

Loving that you have a list for today :D It's good to have a sense of normality in the day!
    It really, really is, you hit the nail on the head there. Update on that:
    - discovered I'd booked the tour for the wrong caravan holiday :o which entailed phone calls and emails :o
    - phoned the builder, I've sorted a quote with the current plasterer, who's also a decorator, hurray.
    - rest of the week will be free :rotfl: while the plaster dries, more hurrays, very loud ones :cool:
    Retired August 2016
  • Suffolk_lassSuffolk_lass Forumite
    5.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    My new back doors were fitted on Friday and the frame of one is damaged so we must wait for another frame and for them to schedule the remedial work. They both open outwards now - amazing amount of additional space!

- I forgot to get a cat flap until the night before so ordered same day delivery from Argos so the fitter would still be here. I got the "your delivery will be with you in the next 2 hours" message three minutes before the "we were unable to deliver your item, please reschedule it". I cancelled it. Not good feedback for them today. That reminds me, I must check for the refund. I feel your pain!

Save £12k in 2020 - #20 £5,010.84/£5k 100.22% after September
    OS Grocery Challenge 2020 target £2,230.32/£3k 74.34% so far at end of Sep
    Mortgage Free Wannabes 2020 #37 - exceeded our £15,000 target and paid the whole thing off
    MFIT T5 No 2 all gone after Q7
    My Debt Free Diary was Get a grip Woman
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
    3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have to say I giggled at your loud hoorays, in effect to celebrate the silence you will have for the rest or the week!:rotfl:
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    34.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My new back doors were fitted on Friday and the frame of one is damaged so we must wait for another frame and for them to schedule the remedial work. They both open outwards now - amazing amount of additional space!
    Such a difference, isn't it! My back door opens outwards now, and therefore doesn't block the cupboard immediately inside. Love it :)
    I forgot to get a cat flap until the night before so ordered same day delivery from Argos so the fitter would still be here. I got the "your delivery will be with you in the next 2 hours" message three minutes before the "we were unable to deliver your item, please reschedule it". I cancelled it. Not good feedback for them today. That reminds me, I must check for the refund. I feel your pain!
    And I feel yours! Hope you managed to post the feedback, and that the refund is there.
    rtandon27 wrote: »
    Have to say I giggled at your loud hoorays, in effect to celebrate the silence you will have for the rest or the week!:rotfl:
    That's exactly what my loud hurrays were about :rotfl: you've got it. Plasterer went almost an hour ago, blissful silence :)
    Retired August 2016
  • edited 30 April 2019 at 2:06PM
    KarmacatKarmacat Forumite
    34.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 30 April 2019 at 2:06PM
    B and Q are getting a *very* bad review from me, if they let me post at all. At RT's mention of a cancelled delivery fee, I thought "ooh", and went for it. They agreed, no problems.

Then they rang me back ten minutes later to say that possibly the hitch in delivery was because they were out of stock :( Ummed and aahhhed for a few minutes, then cancelled the whole thing.

And then ...

A phone call from the customer services assistant who helped me on Sunday. I thought I'd bought a sink and a lamp on Sunday, but he says they gave me a credit note for the light, not an invoice requesting payment. I was tired, after the plasterer going, but eventually I realised this shop assistant was just going to go on and on, as he couldn't accuse me of anything and couldn't ask for the money outright, as he still didn't know what had happened.

So I went to look at my paperwork. All there is, is a credit note for the lamp. It doesn't look like I paid for the sink at all :wall: :question: "I'll phone you back later", he says.

"Oh no", says I. "Put it in writing, I'm not doing anything without it being in writing. I'm not a thief, but the company has wasted a lot of my time yesterday and today, and I'm tempted to ask for compensation". He agreed to the in writing bit :cool:

ETA - and while this lot was going on, half a dozen police cars were screaming about, so my neighbour tells me. Glad I missed that, don't know what it's about yet.

EETA - some bright-voiced young thing just rang from B&Q, left a message for me to return her call. In your dreams...
    Retired August 2016
    3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Karmacat wrote: »
    ...EETA - some bright-voiced young thing just rang from B&Q, left a message for me to return her call. In your dreams...

INDEED!:D The cheek! They make a mistake & then expect you to do double backflips to rectify their error?

Should be the other way round!:mad:
  • beanieloubeanielou Forumite
    73.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Customer care just gets worse & worse.
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~**
    **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **
    MFW. 9 months to go. B)
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***