We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Frump to Fab 2018 - Fabulous Dahhhhlings

Options

Comments

• Wednesday2000
    Options
    I stepped on the scales and I have now lost 17 pounds!:T

I wore the green jumper today with my short black dress and black leggings. I wear leggings all the time.:D
    silvasava wrote: »
    I have a confession to make - last year I lost a lovely sapphire ring that I bought when we were in the US about 10 years ago. My own fault as it was loose and I didnt put a 'keeper' ring on. Yesterday while shopping in my local town there is a jeweller who sells quite a bit of second hand jewellery - he has it authenticated so you know exactly what you are getting. I spotted a beautiful Tanzanite ring... honest Guv it called to me! I'd not seen a nice one that wasnt really expensive and it was a good colour.....and it fitted me ;) so I treated myself!

Sounds lovely. I love sapphires or rubies as well.
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I stepped on the scales and I have now lost 17 pounds!:T

I wore the green jumper today with my short black dress and black leggings. I wear leggings all the time.:D

Sounds lovely. I love sapphires or rubies as well.
    Wow!! on the weight loss.Well done hun :T

I'm in a right mood today. Sick of feeling rubbish, n all the Xmas hype.Mum's car is a write off, her courtesy car is going back tomoz, so I'm driving her to my Sis in Laws on Xmas day .I'm only staying for a couple of hours, n she's meant to be staying for Xmas dinner, so God knows what's gonna happen :( I can't leave the Furnutters all day though :(
    Soz to be a moaning Minnie .Am out for coffee with my Bestie this aft, so will chew her ear off :rotfl:
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 21 December 2018 at 2:26PM
    Options
    Wednesday......:T:T:T:T. Wow. Well done you.

Candy.....awww hun. You are having a bad run aren't you. Enjoy your coffee with your Bestie. Hopefully things will pick up for you soon.

I know this sounds naff but I think it helps sometimes to remember that nothing lasts forever. Even the bad times come to an end, eventutually.

When I was in hell, walking through that long dark tunnel without even a glimmer of light at the end, I would think of the old George Harrison song title "All Things Must Pass" and remind myself that one day things would get easier.

The world spins on its axis, day follows night, the seasons change and life goes on. One day you will wake up and you will notice a slight almost imperceptible change. You might not be able to put your finger on what's changed but something in the cosmos will have shifted in your favour. You will just sense it.

New age hippy nonsense I hear some of you say.....:rotfl: Maybe. But we all need faith, even if like me you're a dyed in the wool atheist.

I don't believe in a supernatural being but I do believe in the human spirit and our power to overcome trials and tribulations. We are all of us much stronger than we know. The human spirit never gives in and the will to thrive is indomitable.

Candy......Keep your pecker up girl. You'll get there.

Courage ma Cherie.......
  • candygirl
    Options
    Thanks 'LL, I don't often get in a mood like this, but know it will pass .:o

• lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Get some rest and have some fun. :D
  • Wednesday2000
    Options
    candygirl wrote: »

Thanks. Have fun with your friend.xx
    Wednesday......:T:T:T:T. Wow. Well done you.

Cheers.xx
  • moneyistooshorttomention
    Options
    The skirt sounds nice LL and I do like tweed personally. I want material for winter that has a bit of "something" to it - and can appreciate the huge check thing that's going on at the moment - but it's not quite my taste and I'm too small for such a big pattern.

I had a really nice tweedy coat some time back - but it wore out and I've got a tweedy one now.

The fur isn't for me - I wouldn't want to take the risk I'd been sold "real" fur instead of the fake fur I thought I'd bought (having read of a woman that had bought a fake fur item recently and then thought "Why does it feel just like my cat to stroke?" and had it analysed and the result was :eek::eek::eek:). It turned out to be real.:eek:

I know I always take a long hard stare at any "fur" anyone is wearing - to check it isn't real - before I breathe a sigh of relief because it isn't or :cool::(:mad: if it is.
  • pollypenny
    pollypenny Posts: 29,394 Forumite
    Options
    candygirl wrote: »

I'm in a right mood today. Sick of feeling rubbish, n all the Xmas hype.Mum's car is a write off, her courtesy car is going back tomoz, so I'm driving her to my Sis in Laws on Xmas day .I'm only staying for a couple of hours, n she's meant to be staying for Xmas dinner, so God knows what's gonna happen :( I can't leave the Furnutters all day though :(
    Soz to be a moaning Minnie .Am out for coffee with my Bestie this aft, so will chew her ear off :rotfl:

Just vent here, candy, then you can be sweet with your friend. Hope you haven't git to drive too far on Christmas Day.
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Well done on the weight loss Wednesday - just take it easy over Christmas ;!
    Candy - hope you have a nice time and a good 'gos' with your friend
    LL a few years ago I was lucky enough to go round the jewellery quarter in Birmingham. The guys there were very informative about the various precious stones & it was there I was first shown Tanzanite and fell in love with the colour - didn't think I'd have the opportunity to own one though ;)
    You are so right about 'all things shall pass' even if we can't see it at the time!
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • candygirl
    Options
    silvasava wrote: »
    Well done on the weight loss Wednesday - just take it easy over Christmas ;!
    Candy - hope you have a nice time and a good 'gos' with your friend
    LL a few years ago I was lucky enough to go round the jewellery quarter in Birmingham. The guys there were very informative about the various precious stones & it was there I was first shown Tanzanite and fell in love with the colour - didn't think I'd have the opportunity to own one though ;)
    You are so right about 'all things shall pass' even if we can't see it at the time!

We had a good mutual moan, n a laugh:We've been mates for almost 30 years, met at uni, went out with blokes that were best mates, n did our teacher training together, then she moved onto my road :D
    Just Iove Tanzanite too :D

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business