Frump to Fab 2018 - Fabulous Dahhhhlings

1232233234235236238»

Comments

• candygirl wrote: »
    Yea he's not bad.Has a similar crazy eyed look as Will Self :D

Okay...that is weird.:p

I was watching Pulp live at Reading on YouTube yesterday after all this talk.:o:A
  • seven-day-weekend
    seven-day-weekend Posts: 36,755 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 11 January 2019 at 12:15PM
    Wow, no activity for ages!

Happy New Year everyone!

My 2019 Fabbing Goals:

1. Continue to lose weight. I have managed to maintain over the Christmas/New Year Period. Delighted with this!

According to the BMI Calculators I need to lose the same again (three stone) to get into the 'normal' range. However, this makes me lighter than I have been since I was a teenager. A bit unrealistic I think. However, as long as it all goes off my tummy, that is OK. I still have a lot of tummy fat. I do not want it to go from my face. Will carry on and monitor.

2. Reduce my alcohol intake to not very much at all. This will help with my weight loss and other things which I will explain later.

3. Increase my level of exercise, in particular walk more and go to the gym more.

Just before Christmas I had a Health Screening privately with Bluecrest Health. This has flagged up the following results (only 'red' or 'amber' mentioned here, the 'green' ones are no problem.

As expected I get 'red' for most categories on my Biometric Analysis, which is concerned with weight, BMI, visceral fat (stored around internal organs) and body fat. The one category I got an 'amber' in was visceral fat. I am pleased about this as it is much more dangerous than body fat. Having researched it, it can be got rid of through diet and exercise and it seems the more weight I lose, it should reduce. I was only just outside the healthy range by one point so I am satisfied I can correct this. The other areas, which were all red, will correct when I have lost more weight. So on the whole happy with that one!

In the Full Lipid Profile for Cholesterol, I have a red flag for Triglycerides and an amber for cholesterol. In the notes that accompany this, it says that even small amounts of alcohol can raise triglycerides in some people and apart from this both readings can be improved by losing weight and taking more exercise. So I will try this on my own first for a few months. My cholesterol reading is 5.2 mmol/L when the range is up to 5. So it is not too high. I will ask my GP for more tests in six months.

One of the readings on my Blood Pressure is slightly high, but it has been this way for over twenty years and my GP is not unhappy with it, but it showed up as an 'amber' on this test. I am not going to bother too much about it, just continue to monitor it as I have been doing for the last twenty years.

I also have three ambers out of four categories in the kidney function test. None of them are much outside the range. I will ask my GP about this, although it does say that certain medications can cause this so I am hoping it is just a result of my Restless Legs medication.

So....Hopefully this time next year I can report that all the 'reds' and most of the 'ambers' have gone!

For those who might be interested : http://www.bluecrestscreening.com/health-check-packages
    (AKA HRH_MUngo)
    Member #10 of £2 savers club
    Imagine someone holding forth on biology whose only knowledge of the subject is the Book of British Birds, and you have a rough idea of what it feels like to read Richard Dawkins on theology: Terry Eagleton
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,571 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Ladies.......The New Thread is open........

Sorry you missed us 7DW. LL started a new thread. Here's the link.

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5943185

Would you post all your great goals for 2019 on there?:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure