Frump to Fab 2018 - Fabulous Dahhhhlings

Options

Comments

• maman
    maman Posts: 28,658 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The pendants are really lovely pollypenny. I quite fancy the Cariad one.:)

I'm the same humpty, just bread and milk which I'll probably leave until Monday. :)

My DD really wants to see Mary Poppins. Interesting that you loved it LL when reviewers have been slating it. I noticed sugarbaby gave it a 10/10 too. I think the public like the nostalgia of it whereas reviewers are always looking for an avant garde type edge. My local theatre is a bit like that. They seem to be aiming at an audience that doesn't exist or at least in sufficient numbers to fill the seats.:(

I couldn't agree more about social care humpty. It really needs to be combined with the NHS in one national budget. Instead the government pushes the responsibility towards local authorities to fund from council tax and the ever decreasing government grant. Unfortunately the areas most in need are those least able to raise enough money because the housing stock isn't in the higher bands. :mad::(

I'm sure we'll all enjoy Christmas with our nearest and dearest but it's hard to ignore the state of the country at the moment. What are we coming to when the Christmas No1, amusing thought it is, is a charity song to raise money for food banks.

It's a lovely day here. We're off to a family party but plan to call in on the local NT property on the way. I'm going to wear my Zara maxi dress with leggings underneath!:D
  • humptydumptybits
    Options
    In my town they have raised enough money to hire a B&B for 2 days over Christmas, they reckon they have enough beds for every rough sleeper, slap up Christmas dinner provided and the opportunity to have a shower, warm bed and fun for two full days. I thought it was a lovely idea. Spirit of Christmas.
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    In my town they have raised enough money to hire a B&B for 2 days over Christmas, they reckon they have enough beds for every rough sleeper, slap up Christmas dinner provided and the opportunity to have a shower, warm bed and fun for two full days. I thought it was a lovely idea. Spirit of Christmas.

That's a lovely idea , but they'd need a Premier Inn to fit my City's homeless in .It's a huge problem here :(
    My tiny nod to fab today, is having red nails.You never know, I might even slap a hair dye on later if I can be bothered :rotfl:
    Have got a gorg black tunic, with jewelled neckline from the chazzer.The label says David Emmanuel :T It can't be the same one surely :rotfl:
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    candygirl wrote: »
    That's a lovely idea , but they'd need a Premier Inn to fit my City's homeless in .It's a huge problem here :(
    My tiny nod to fab today, is having red nails.You never know, I might even slap a hair dye on later if I can be bothered :rotfl:
    Have got a gorg black tunic, with jewelled neckline from the chazzer.The label says David Emmanuel :T It can't be the same one surely :rotfl:

It could quite well be. He did a diffusion line for Bon Marche a few years ago. Gorgeous clothes and I thought they were very reasonably priced for the quality. They were definitely a premium range with lovely fabrics. Very stylish. You did well there, gal.

Just about to give myself a facial.....
  • moneyistooshorttomention
    Options
    Shows how much I (don't) follow the music charts these days Maman. There was a time when I could reel the top 10 off by heart.

What is the Christmas no. 1 please?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    My husband is entering a ‘horrible jumper’competition for charity. It’s at local pub on xmas day. I ‘ve been surprised at small choice of mens jumpers in general in charity shops. Couldn’t find anything really horrible so had to settle for ‘boring old man’.i think he actually likes it although only 57. Ha. Will be watching to see if he wears it again...
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    My friend’s son is an electrician who also has building skills. Aged Around 24? He worked locally for a time then went to Australia for two years on working visa with a friend. He’s just completed it and come home for xmas. Surprise for his mum! Good lad. Next he is returning for another two years which is allowed as he completed about three months working in agriculture whilst out there. In early 2021 he will finally be coming back to uk with a stash of cash to make a sizeable house deposit. He has been earning about double the going rate here with low accommodation costs.
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It could quite well be. He did a diffusion line for Bon Marche a few years ago. Gorgeous clothes and I thought they were very reasonably priced for the quality. They were definitely a premium range with lovely fabrics. Very stylish. You did well there, gal.

Just about to give myself a facial.....

Aaah that explains it!Bon Marche though:eek::rotfl:
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • humptydumptybits
    Options
    Flo61 wrote: »
    My friend’s son is an electrician who also has building skills. Aged Around 24? He worked locally for a time then went to Australia for two years on working visa with a friend. He’s just completed it and come home for xmas. Surprise for his mum! Good lad. Next he is returning for another two years which is allowed as he completed about three months working in agriculture whilst out there. In early 2021 he will finally be coming back to uk with a stash of cash to make a sizeable house deposit. He has been earning about double the going rate here with low accommodation costs.

Could be a good time to exchange his money into £s. I think the exchange rate would be in his favour, of course a gamble as who knows what is going to happen, could sink further or recover. A relative of mine has come back from Australia recently and ended up with alot more than he expected.
  • moneyistooshorttomention
    Options
    The positive "fabbing" thought for the day is the latest try-on of one of my older items of clothing I intend to get back into is moving in the right direction.

Put on a Marks & Spencers button up blouse in "size 12/35" bust" and did manage to do the buttons up. Well - that's an improvement on the sides were several inches away from meeting when I started this diet.

The blouse isn't yet correct size for me - as it's clearly "struggling" to have its buttons done up. But doing them up is a good bit better than "sides inches from meeting".

Still feeling frustrated at how long this is taking:wall::wall::wall: - but at least I'm making progress.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure