🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Frump to Fab 2018 - Fabulous Dahhhhlings

Options

Comments

• humptydumptybits
    Options
    I was planning on going to Aldi at the weekend, I feel like I will be taking food out of the mouths of the homeless now. Might have to rethink.
  • savingfortomorrow
    Options
    i love the aldi falafels with beets ... lower fat but so so moist and tasty.

A few years ago ALDI cleared all the veg out very early, my normal last minute shopping was royally messed up.

Speaking of ALDI i bought their clarisonic brush knock off or inspired by version. It is really good and left my skin looking nice.

The thing that amazes me about LIDL and ALDI is the random stuff, sometimes they have quiet specialized items, just last week I was about to order a thingymebob from screwfix and low and behold... it was in lidl. Brilliant.
  • chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,319 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    saving for tomorrow I love the aisle of !!!! in Lidl. Thanks for your thoughts on thr clarisonic style brush. I have been tempted to get one.
  • pollypenny
    pollypenny Posts: 29,394 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    i love the aldi falafels with beets ... lower fat but so so moist and tasty.

A few years ago ALDI cleared all the veg out very early, my normal last minute shopping was royally messed up.

Speaking of ALDI i bought their clarisonic brush knock off or inspired by version. It is really good and left my skin looking nice.

The thing that amazes me about LIDL and ALDI is the random stuff, sometimes they have quiet specialized items, just last week I was about to order a thingymebob from screwfix and low and behold... it was in lidl. Brilliant.

I had the best ever falafels yesterday, so soft and tasty. I will try the Aldi ones, too.

I will have a look for the brush, although I suspect it would have been something from the middle. I am going to try their moisturiser, too, as I've run out of my Clinique.
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
  • lessonlearned
    Options
    Love my Aldi cosmetic brush. Use the massager head regularly. It really makes a difference. I also use the massage head on my poorly knee to help with knee pain. And yes it does help. :rotfl:

Anyway Happy Solstice everyone, shortest day today. After that the days start getting longer again.....Once we get to this stage we know that spring is on its way back....:D.

Gotta dash, back later.

Have a great day.
  • moneyistooshorttomention
    Options
    More clothes revamping going on - bit by bit......

Favourite bikini just chucked - as I now fit back into the bottom half and top half still doesnt fit again yet - but it's past its best. Excuse for a new bikini I guess once I'm back to normal size. Shall be wearing one still - as there's no stretch marks on my stomach and it will soon be flat again. Got some stretch marks on my legs:mad: - no idea how - but can't think whether it's possible to get rid of them or no.

So one bikini and a teeshirt I never did like really gone. When I counted up as having 31 pairs of those thick opaque tights some of us used to wear a lot (not counting the new unopened packs) I was going to bin them to start with. Now we're in the era of using leggings pretty much instead. But thought struck me that I could add them as an extra layer underneath jeans or leggings for extra warmth in winter. Thought had never crossed my mind - as I spent so many years thinking "Can't wear anything other than knickers and maybe a pair of tights as underwear - so certainly nothing other than knickers underneath jeans". But - heck...I'm not "in a relationship" and, at my age, guess it's probable I never will be again - so might as well wear that "unsexy" extra layer if it's cold enough I could do with it.

You can tell I've been watching YouTube "how I dress" videos again for ideas:rotfl:. Was sitting there watching some women who are both attractive and younger doing this - even though they are in relationships. So thinking "Well I suppose if they can.....and they aren't single....":cool:
  • humptydumptybits
    Options
    Money even if you are in a relationship you are allowed to be warm. I've known men with outdoor jobs who wear thick tights under their jeans in winter, don't think they'd be too be bothered if a woman was wearing them.
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Absolutely Humpty - both my DS2 and DH have worn tights or leggings underneath their jeans and overalls when working outside in cold weather. DH used to have to work on a marine terminal from time to time and wouldnt you know it was always in winter - bitter cold and the wind blowing up the channel. Ive got some lovely thermal tights from Aldi that I wear under my jeans - my DH would rather have me warm and comfy than shivering! He knows what I look like underneath it all ;)
    I have a confession to make - last year I lost a lovely sapphire ring that I bought when we were in the US about 10 years ago. My own fault as it was loose and I didnt put a 'keeper' ring on. Yesterday while shopping in my local town there is a jeweller who sells quite a bit of second hand jewellery - he has it authenticated so you know exactly what you are getting. I spotted a beautiful Tanzanite ring... honest Guv it called to me! I'd not seen a nice one that wasnt really expensive and it was a good colour.....and it fitted me ;) so I treated myself!
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Money.....I wear thick tights under jeans as an extra layer. I agree with Humpty men really don't care if women wear thermals etc they are just interested in what's underneath the layers.....;). they enjoy peeling them off......:D. Especially if you turn the undressing part into a jokey strip tease. It's very funny when done with thermals. :rotfl:

Although, actually there are now some great choices for thermal undies these days.......we've come a long a way from "Granny's bloomers". It's perfectly possible to look sexy in thermals.....:D.

I had a good chat with DILS sister from Venezuela. It's her first winter in the UK. I asked how she was coping with the cold, she said that she was learning how to dress for it and had discovered the art of layering.

I was wearing a long heavy tweed skirt at the time. Chatsworth and the Peak District are always a few degrees colder than the city. I had warned the girls and they had both taken heed and were warmly dressed. My skirt is so cosy, fully lined and I was wearing warm tights as well. I showed her....she said I wondered how you Brits managed to wear skirts in winter. I told her the secret is in the lining......:rotfl:

The skirt is actually quite glamourous, really nice fabric, grey herringbone tweed and a nice fishtail shape, finishing just above the ankle. £3 from a chazzer. Bargain. Looks great with boots. And the bonus for me .....I was able to wear my knee support without anyone knowing.

One of the best tricks I've found to combining warm dressing and to looking glamourous is the addition of some fur or fur trimmed accessories, a touch of the old Dr Zhivago. :D. They needn't break the bank. I have a selection of fur collars, scarves, hats and fur trimmed gloves to ring the changes.

Had my acupuncture this morning so just resting my knee. Later I'm nipping into the city for a bit of a mooch and then meeting DIL to see Mary Poppins. I might pop into Kiko if I get the chance - treat myself to some new make up.
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Silva......I'm well jell. I love tanzanite. I nearly bought some on holiday but managed to resist. Well done finding a good second hand one in your size. Fantastic.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport