The "Save 12k in 2018" Thread!

Options

Comments

• lightbulb0811
    Options
    I've posted an update for December. I've enjoyed this challenge and will continue it next year. Thanks slowlyfading for all your work on this. I might have another update before the end of the year.
    Save £12k in 2019 #111 £440.39/£4000
    Sealed pot challenge #5 £153.59/250
    Weight Loss 28/60 lb challenge
  • Wanna_Bee_Free
    Options
    No 12 reporting £850 for November. I am so happy this thread exists
    as posting on here helps me keep on the straight and narrow with my savings. Thanks to everyone who contributed to the thread and of course Slowly Fading for managing it for us!
    Form submitted. Now to try and keep my December spending under control!
  • laurababs
    laurababs Posts: 237 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Has a 2019 thread been made yet? I am so excited to join this next year been lurking for some time and I've almost finished off paying my debt so I'm ready to join :)
    Save £12K in 2020 #58 - £454.58/£5,000
  • Wentthedaywell?
    Options
    laurababs wrote: »
    Has a 2019 thread been made yet? I am so excited to join this next year been lurking for some time and I've almost finished off paying my debt so I'm ready to join :)

Any day now, Laura! :)
    Save £12k in 2022 thread #7:

Save £10,000 Jan-May 2022 THEN RETIRE!!
    Final total for (half) year: -£4,000
  • slowlyfading
    slowlyfading Posts: 13,429 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    Personal Finance Blogger + YouTuber / In pursuit of FIRE
  • george4064
    george4064 Posts: 2,815 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    george4064 wrote: »
    £589.66 saved in October!

Need to try get more of my money into an ISA (not stocks & shares) to save on tax. Am I able to add money to my Cash ISA if I have already made contributions to my HTB ISA? I'm pretty sure they're both considered as 'Cash' ISAs and therefore can only contribute to one in this tax year?

Flat purchase completion got pushed back to January, but at least that gives me more time to put more money into the HtB ISA! Fingers crossed it doesn't get delayed further.

£404.34 saved in November.

Further behind my target than I would hope, but I'm exchanging contracts for my first flat soon so that will mean that I will start 'saving' in that I'll be paying off my own mortgage than someone elses mortgage!
    "If you aren’t willing to own a stock for ten years, don’t even think about owning it for ten minutes” Warren Buffett

Save £12k in 2021 - #027 £15,268 (76%)
  • darkidoe
    darkidoe Posts: 1,125 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Reporting
    £2168.93 for October
    £2364.98 for November
    3rd year of hitting my target! Whoohoo!

Can't wait to see how we did cumulatively as a thread vs past years.

Let the holiday season start!!!!
    Hope everyone has a good December!

Save 12K in 2020 # 38 £0/£20,000
  • MrsR1234
    Options
    Just sent some updated but realised I missed the 1 off the beginning of my number slowly! Sorry
    Checked my notebook and realised I had transferred some money to isa that I had forgotten about! There was me thinking I hadn't saved anything since may!

Definitely not going to hit target for this year but I was a late starter and we had a holiday booked/to pay for before we made the decision to save hard! 2019 I hope to hit that target!

You are all so inspiring!!
    Total savings 2018- £7450 (includes Lisa bonus)
    2019:
    Regular Saver: £0.00
    LISA: £0.00
  • bobobski
    bobobski Posts: 771 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Chutzpah Haggler
    Options
    I saved a grand total of... -£29,307 in November/early December - because we bought our house!!! :j:j:j

This has messed up the numbers a bit too much so I'm going to duck out for what's left of the year, but I've signed up to the 2019 thread with my post-purchase savings target :beer:

I'm amazed that only three years after I started saving I've managed to buy my dream house, and the two biggest factors have been MSE (especially this challenge) and YNAB... closely followed by finding a boyfriend and making him follow MSE and use YNAB :D

Thanks all for your support and encouragement, good luck for December savings, and see you all in 2019!
  • Xenon
    Xenon Posts: 235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    No: 35 Xenon

November £1226
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income