🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Mindful or Mind full?

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,772 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    What a very lovely friend to have.
    Glad that you are taking care of you.
    Hope your toe is on the mend really soon.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,606 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    So pleased you're enjoying Spain and you have such a fab friend :)

Sorry to hear you hurt your foot, great excuse to rest in the sunshine though.

Boo to the tablet and money theft. Wonder how they got in?

Maybe now you're getting your life back together you can cut ties with your ex?

Enjoy your life in the sun and keep us all posted xx
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • 117pauline
    117pauline Posts: 743 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi Sun Addict

Thanks for the good wishes. Yes you are right I would be better if I broke ties with him but at this moment I am focusing on my health. I don't have enough stamina to break ties with him as well. It will happen.

So today I have eaten healthily and been in the pool twice. Who knew walking in water uses more calories than slow swimming?

I booked my car hire for the next couple of months through TCB. It seems at the moment the optimim hire is 13 days. At 14, the prices rise significantly or at least that's what I found today.

The brain dump is now on tomorrow's

Take care
    Pauline
    Don't get it perfect - Get it going
    Better Than Before
  • lonelyrat
    lonelyrat Posts: 567 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Overall, getting better all the time, occasional mis-steps but definitely on the way back to normality.

Very, very happy to hear this :)

Hi Pauline :o I haven't checked in in ages I feel - I'm sorry about that. I am so glad Spain is lovely and your friend does sound fantastic.

Healthy eating and sunshine sounds brilliant. Very weird about the theft! Ditto Sun Addict I also wonder how on earth they got in??
    Total Debt : ?? / ??
  • System
    System Posts: 178,106 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Just checking up on you , how are things going in sunny Espana ?
  • DebtFreeDuo
    DebtFreeDuo Posts: 1,021 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Very glad to hear that you are doing well. Sorry about your foot and the theft though. It sounds like Spain is definitely agreeing with you though!
    Change the way you see things and the things you see will change
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    Echoing everyone else! Hope you're enjoying the sunshine and all the healthy food!
    SSG x
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • 117pauline
    Options
    Siddles back in, embarrassed!

So now it's nearly November and I am still in Spain!

I was just about to write everything is great but it really isn't so I am going to write honestly instead.

Have spent nearly six weeks here with people. My friend went back to the UK on Wednesday and won't be back until April. I have found it pretty stressful most of the time although some of it was great.

Since the beginning of the month I have made some huge changes to my diet and exercise with the support of my friend. I have completely given up diet alternatives and now drink sparkling water instead of litres of diet pop. Eating small portions of gorgeous full fat yogurt instead of gallons of diet yogurt. Proper food in small portions. I am hopeful I will continue with this regime because it has been so successful so far.

The weather here has shown me just how much the warmth helps my fibromyalgia symptoms. As it has become more unsettled, my friend now calls me her "weather vane" as I became poorly about four hours before the storms.

So, in essence, the escape over here has been beneficial. Perhaps I haven't lost the panics and depression, but some areas have improved considerably.

Promise I will check in more often, now off to catch up with other diaries.

Take care everyone, have a great weekend
    Pauline
    Don't get it perfect - Get it going
    Better Than Before
  • System
    System Posts: 178,106 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Pauline how great to hear from you and that you are still in Spain. Your friend is a very lovely lady.

My parents are in Spain at the minute and enjoying the lovely weather on the Costa Blanca , good to here that the weather suits your fibromyalgia.

The way of eating you gave chosen seems to suit you as well. I don't eat any low fat anything it's full of sugar .

Pop in again soon. Cumbria x
  • redofromstart
    Options
    Lovely to see you posting!

I find the heat really helps too, as does eating properly. Apparently :cool::
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport