We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Mindful or Mind full?

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,966 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    hERE'S TO HAPPY RELAXING TIMES IN SPAIN :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,729 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Can only echo what the others have posted Pauline. What wonderful news about Spain and I do hope you enjoy your trip and it is everything you hope for in a future home. How brave are you for even thinking about it!

Keep us posted!
    X
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,457 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Just wanted to echo what the others have said really... you are amazing getting through all that, and Spain sounds really exciting!
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons, dress 7 coupons = 12/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,496 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Have a lovely time in Spain!
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • DebtFreeDuo
    DebtFreeDuo Posts: 1,021 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Just wanted to check in, I don't get on here much at the moment but I hope you're well.
    Change the way you see things and the things you see will change
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Hope you're okay Pauline. Tell us how you're getting on in Spain :).
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • 117pauline
    117pauline Posts: 743 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    A Quick Update

Came to Spain on 11 June and stayed until 6 July
    UK from 6 - 10 July
    Back to Spain on 11 July until 14 September
    UK from 14 - 26
    Back to Spain on 27 September

So, how have I been?
    Overall, getting better all the time, occasional mis-steps but definitely on the way back to normality.

I have no problems getting out which is good however I am still avoiding social situations. I can manage at the time but I retreat to my cool dark room to recover.

I haven't had any problems being on my own here. A neighbour has taken me to a couple of places and I know she would help if I needed it.

The pool is just through the back gate which has been wonderful until the last ten days when three very noisy families arrived and have taken over the pool. I don't feel at all comfortable when they are about.

The weather has been very hot, just like the UK, so I have been eating well with lots of salad and fruit.

I am so grateful to my friend for letting me stay here. It has given me time to get my head in order but that's still a work in progress.

Now you won't believe who came to visit? Yes, the Ex. He came for a fortnight and it wasn't a great success. He wasn't well and who would believe I managed to slip and damage my foot and ended up with bruises all over.

Also I had my tablet and sixty euros taken from my locked car. We had parked on the side of the road whilst visiting the pink salt lakes near Torrevieja. We were only gone for half an hour and the car was locked when we returned.

So I am definitely in money saving mode for the next few weeks. Start of a new month so I will keep a record of what I spend as well as how much exercise I get.

That's about it from sunny Spain,
    Take care everyone and thanks for popping by
    Pauline
    Don't get it perfect - Get it going
    Better Than Before
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,457 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Lovely to hear from you Pauline! Spain sounds lovely, and so does your friend. Not nice about the theft though. :( And how is the foot now? And I'm assuming the Ex has returned home?
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons, dress 7 coupons = 12/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,496 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Sorry to hear about the theft. Glad you are feeling a bit better though x
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • 117pauline
    117pauline Posts: 743 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning Cherryfudge

Thanks for popping by.

Yes, the Ex went on Saturday evening.

My friend is a lovely lady, I wish she could see that. I'm looking forward to being here with her next month.

The foot is better however my big toe isn't. Unfortunately I managed to take a chunk from the top which hasn't healed properly. It means I can't put pressure on it so walking is a bit difficult.

Today I am going to do some cleaning as well as getting some rays.

Then it's time for a "brain dump", getting all my thoughts out of my mind and on to paper. It may be the start to help me decide what I would like to do in the future. It will be a slow process however I finally feel ready to look at a future, something I thought would never happen.

MSE-wise, no food needed today. Will book a hire car through TCB. I'll keep my eye on any surveys around. Book to read from library back home. Spanish to be learned from YouTube.

Have a good day everyone and take car
    Pauline
    Don't get it perfect - Get it going
    Better Than Before
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts