Forum Home» Debt-Free Wannabe» Debt Free Diaries

Drawing a line under the debt. Take two. - Page 78

New Post Advanced Search

Drawing a line under the debt. Take two.

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Debt Free Diaries
835 replies 43.3K views

Replies

• DrawingalineDrawingaline Forumite
    2K posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Solicitor emailed this morning, followed by EA calling!! They are certainly on the case. Vendors all ready to go, solicitor has asked they pay half the indemnity she wants, but knows we will pay it if need be.  Buyers solicitors raised four more queries, but our solicitor turned them around in a day without our input so they will review them Monday apparently. Agreed one indemnity for the conservatory. 

EA is saying need to exchange on Wednesday for completion on 27th, so I think this is what everyone is aiming for. Tbh anytime this week would be good, my birthday at the weekend, would be a great present!

I have spent the day making endless lists. And logging onto various online accounts to we how we organise changing addresses. Broadband wants two weeks notice, so think we will be without internet for a bit as I can't commit until Monday really. 

I have arranged for a pre exchange viewing on Monday, need to check the electricity as there was a meter issue back in sep, not a deal breaker but if we need to have someone out we want to be prepared. Also want to take the kids as the smallest is struggling a bit with it all. And also need to check no ceilings have fallen in. It's been empty since September, although I believe someone was going in periodically. But I feel safe to take the kids. 

We will have all the money needed for fees set aside by the 27th which is brilliant. The extra time has meant we have saved loads more than originally planned. Going to speak to dad and set up a payment plan with him from Easter.

Finally feel like we are on the home straight now though!

Keep everything crossed for us 🤞🤞🤞
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
    2K posts
    ✭✭✭
    This month is going to be a crazy lean time for earning. I am taking the week off when we move and I am trying not to pick up extra jobs this coming week as I want to limit contact. The idea of isolating right now terrifies me! Oven needs cleaning, but I won't risk it. Will have to do my best. My pay in Feb will be half what it normally is, but once we are in I can take on more jobs again.
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
  • savingholmessavingholmes Forumite
    14.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope it all goes smoothly.  Almost at the finish line.
    During 2021: Target 1) Clear CC debt £15212 £[email protected] 0% Target 2) Lose weight 3) Write regularly 32187/70000 words Book 2 4) Promote book(s) 5) Develop passive income streams 6) Build 3-6 mths EF 7) Declutter
  • bd80sbd80s Forumite
    344 posts
    100 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    So close!! excited for you and fingers crossed nothing comes up again!!!
    Settled to date - 5, settled - fiend loan, target 6 - 985/320, 67%, re lose 14lbs - 7/14......
    2K posts
    ✭✭✭
    Cashed in my premium bonds. Have all the cash for fees set aside. Waiting to hear from solicitor that we are good to go for exchange this week......

Viewing the house in half an hour. 

I have a feeling of vomit inducing terror right now. It feels ridiculous, we are safe and happy, but this whole thing has just been dragging on and on and I just want it over now. 
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
  • Honeysucklelou2Honeysucklelou2 Forumite
    3.3K posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow, it’s getting closer to moving now, that’s great!
    paydbx2021 #93 £1454/£7,250 . 2021 savings challenge £88.44/£1000
    EF £310 . SPC 039
    # savings# £1101. Savings 2 £40.50 H2S £200.00
  • luciellelucielle Forumite
    8.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hope it still makes your heart sing!
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124
    14.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lucielle said:
    Hope it still makes your heart sing!
    L
    What she said.
    During 2021: Target 1) Clear CC debt £15212 £[email protected] 0% Target 2) Lose weight 3) Write regularly 32187/70000 words Book 2 4) Promote book(s) 5) Develop passive income streams 6) Build 3-6 mths EF 7) Declutter
    2K posts
    ✭✭✭
    Well it would appear we are gaining a wall mounted TV, two sky boxes and a babies cot?! I just don't care anymore. We have clarified that these have been left on purpose by the vendors, no idea why, but we can deal with them once we complete. Took some measurements and had a good poke around. Found the boiler, discovered a water softener and showed the kids around. All very happy, and now keen to move.

EA rang and said he is pushing for exchange tomorrow, with a view to it actually going ahead on Wednesday! Buyers solicitors were reviewing the file today, waiting on some correspondence from our solicitors, so I chased her about that, but I am also aware she was planning on contacting buyers solicitor today anyway. Buyer needs to transfer deposit but as long as the file didn't throw up anything else that was all that was outstanding. 

We might actually pull this off! 

New worry is getting the removal truck to our house. Recycling truck couldn't get up our hill today due to the absolute idiots who can't seem to park sensibly around here. Which also means we will have overflowing bins. Not ideal. Can't wait to have my own parking right outside my house!!!
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
    14.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Woohoo. Glad the visit went well. Here's hoping the rest runs smoothly