Forum Home» Debt-Free Wannabe» Debt Free Diaries

Drawing a line under the debt. Take two. - Page 80

New Post Advanced Search

Drawing a line under the debt. Take two.

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Debt Free Diaries
834 replies 43.3K views

Replies

• SarahwithloveSarahwithlove Forumite
    1.5K posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Uhoh that's not good. Hopefully the new buyers will be OK with that. 
    *RBS credit card - £1930.50* - £0.00
    *Tesco Credit card - £3604.30* - £950
    *Finance - £581.91 - £0.00
    *Dad loan - £5300 - £4000
    Total debt *£4950* £11,416.71

Emergency fund - £0/£2500

Mortgage Overpayment - £30.34/£1000
    Facing Reality - My Debt Free Diary
  • enthusiasticsaverenthusiasticsaver Forumite, Board Guide
    11.9K posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great you have finally exchanged.  Good luck with the move next week. 
    Early retired in December 2017

I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Mortgages and Endowments, Banking and Budgeting boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to [email protected]
  • Honeysucklelou2Honeysucklelou2 Forumite
    3.3K posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hurray! Glad to read that you have been able to exchange contracts! Happy packing!
    paydbx2021 #93 £1439/£7,250 . 2021 savings challenge £88.44/£1000
    EF £280 . SPC 039
    # savings# £1101. Savings 2 £40.50 H2S £200.00
  • DrawingalineDrawingaline Forumite
    2K posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Box's have been delivered. Touched up some paintwork in our bedroom. Started packing the car for the tip run I have booked on sat. Already half full and still need to cram in a bed and a wardrobe. Broke the wardrobe down and it's now sitting in the front garden. Not being able to access the tip except via appointment is not great right now, I have another appt on Tuesday as can only go once a week, but I reckon I could fill the car six times. Should have been more organised! Thank God I got rid of so much in the summer from the loft. At least there aren't any surprises up there for me.

Packing is difficult, with us all here, I empty a unit into a box and then it is taking up twice the space 🤦 think I will take the table down (which I specifically asked the removals to do, but needs must) on Sunday evening so I can just fill that end of the room with box's.
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
  • savingholmessavingholmes Forumite
    14.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's exhausting and a rollercoaster with plumbing and ceiling but nearly finished
    During 2021: Target 1) Clear CC debt £15212 £[email protected] 0% Target 2) Lose weight 3) Write regularly 30092/70000 words Book 2 4) Promote book(s) 5) Develop passive income streams 6) Build 3-6 mths EF 7) Declutter
    2K posts
    ✭✭✭
    Plumber cost more than I would have liked, but emergency rates. Also the actual job took about 45mins, but all the extra time finding the leak, getting to it and making good added up. On a plus he reinstalled the bath panel better than it was previously 😂 ceiling isn't great, but just needs a small skim. 

Had completion statement through. I was only about £70 out on my calculations for the redemption for our current mortgage, was quite proud of myself! Anyway total to pay was £3800, have had to cash in my monthly saver three weeks before it matures. Toyed with asking dad to sub me until the end of Feb, but when I looked into how much I would lose it was about £50 🤦 not worth the hassle. Anyway we have about £800 clear so will put it towards beds and mattresses. Hubby has 2k which will go towards some bits of furniture we need, but only after we sre in and can check nothing urgent needs doing and that everything works.

Boxed up most of the boys room today. Managed to get all the stuff in the car for the tip, took more clothes to the clothes bank and got some stuff out of the loft. 

Tomorrow I will touch up the paint in the boys room where I filled holes after removing shelves, and do some cleaning. Also need to start filling the car again for my next til run on Tuesday. There was more left up there than I thought. Including an old video player 🤷🤦😂

Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
  • bd80sbd80s Forumite
    341 posts
    100 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    All busy busy for you at the moment then! 
    Will be worth it once you're in the new place and settled though, happy manic week! :smile:
    Settled to date - 5, settled - fiend loan, target 6 - 985/420, 57%, re lose 14lbs - 7/14......
    2K posts
    ✭✭✭
    I am shattered. We are running out of box's and still ALL the books left to go. But the loft is clear and most of the kitchen is done. Hubby did the conservatory (all his stuff) the girls room is done, including all the painting that needed doing. Car is full again for the tip run tomorrow. Notes sent to neighbours re removal truck and allowing room for it (cannot wait to have my own parking!) Definitely feel we are getting there. Tomorrow is finishing off the kitchen, sorting out under the stairs (a lot is already boxed up, did it at Xmas) and cleaning what I can.  Also need to collapse boys bunk beds and paint behind them. Will need to clear some of the box's first. And all this while hubby is working and kids trying to do online learning.

Also need to cancel old life insurance as me one is set up, and contact sky again. Our new router is being sent to us here, but not being sent until Friday! So need it changed to the new house. We do have redirect on though.....

In other news, cats are seriously stressed. They are tag teaming in a puke fest! One of them pukes in the morning, then acts like they are dying, so I go into panic mode, they sleep all day then perk up at teatime 🤦 am assuming it's all down to the stress of us packing up the house. Not a lot we can do though. Will go and buy some feliway tomorrow for the new house, and hope once we are in they settle quickly. 

Anyway one more day to go!
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
  • savingholmessavingholmes Forumite
    14.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know why you are bothering painting... sold as seen
    During 2021: Target 1) Clear CC debt £15212 £[email protected] 0% Target 2) Lose weight 3) Write regularly 30092/70000 words Book 2 4) Promote book(s) 5) Develop passive income streams 6) Build 3-6 mths EF 7) Declutter
  • luciellelucielle Forumite
    8.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    And breathe......Not long now I hope everything goes ok.
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124