Forum Home» Debt-Free Wannabe» Debt Free Diaries

Drawing a line under the debt. Take two. - Page 76

New Post Advanced Search

Drawing a line under the debt. Take two.

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Debt Free Diaries
859 replies 45K views

Replies

• DrawingalineDrawingaline Forumite
    2K posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Our buyer has a mortgage offer! 🎉

One hurdle down. Now we have until the end of Jan to get the legals done. Need to speak to our broker next week and t possibly extending our offer by two weeks or a month and need to speak to our solicitor to see if she can lay it on the line with buyers solicitors about the tight timescale. 
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
  • savingholmessavingholmes Forumite
    14.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds positive. Hope that you manage to get things through in time.
    During 2021: Target 1) Clear CC debt £15212 £[email protected] 0% Target 2) Lose weight 3) Write regularly 38113/70000 words Book 2 4) Promote book(s) 5) Develop passive income streams 6) Build 3-6 mths EF 7) Declutter
    2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Spoke to solicitors secretary today, nothing been sent in from our buyer yet, wasn't expecting it tbh, but did ask for our solicitor to send an official message re our mortgage offer expiring.

Spoke to brokers assistant and she is going to get the broker to call tomorrow/wed to see if there is any wriggle room on the date. Discussed how I think we can probably squeeze the legals through if it wasn't for Xmas, and we might even manage it, but logistics may be an issue with removal companies booked solid for up to four weeks in advance. If there is no chance of a two week extension then we are just going to have to do it and pray hard for a reasonable removal company having space!!!
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
    14.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know it feels like it is taking forever but it will be over soon. I met our new neighbours at the weekend. Our neighbours put their house on the market early in lockdown and move out late November.
    During 2021: Target 1) Clear CC debt £15212 £[email protected] 0% Target 2) Lose weight 3) Write regularly 38113/70000 words Book 2 4) Promote book(s) 5) Develop passive income streams 6) Build 3-6 mths EF 7) Declutter
  • bd80sbd80s Forumite
    360 posts
    100 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Phew! You've been having a fun time of it with the house......while there has been movement I can't believe you sort of had to go back to the start! Fingers crossed that this one does go through, such an annoying situation.
    Settled to date - 5, settled - fiend loan, target 6 - 985/220, 78%, re lose 14lbs - 5/14......
    2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well it looks like our buyers solicitors won't be raising enquiries until the last search is back next week. So nothing will be actioned until everyone is back in work on the 4th. Then there will be four working weeks to turn it around. Doable?! Maybe, but tbh I can't see it happening. Especially with trying to add in booking removals as well. 

Am going to try and speak to my solicitor this week to get an idea on it, and put a firm date of the 27th January on the table (gives us two days grace on mortgage offer) and then book the removals in the new year. If this doesn't get to completion we are going to be down a substantial chunk of money. Hubby keeps on about it, and saying if it falls through we will be moving but sort out a new mortgage and buy a different house. My Rightmove list has three houses on it, nothing is coming on at all. And any rentals big enough for us are like £1500 a MONTH 😱😱😱 which just isn't viable. 

If we do stay put we will have about £800 a month free and be able to pay dad off and I will be overpaying the mortgage too. I am beginning to wonder if maybe moving isn't right for us right now.........
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
  • bd80sbd80s Forumite
    360 posts
    100 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Oh no, that is a really tight timeline for it to go through, still have my fingers crossed for you though! You've had a nightmare with this :disappointed:
    Settled to date - 5, settled - fiend loan, target 6 - 985/220, 78%, re lose 14lbs - 5/14......
    14.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You sound like you are going round in the kind of spiral I am stuck in - move / don't move. Perhaps it's worth setting out why you want to move and what you hope to gain versus what the pros and cons of staying put are
    2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    House move drama is not getting better. We have given the date of 27th Jan as completion date, solicitors agreed, it's doable apparently. Well it would be if the buyers solicitors did anything. Still no enquiries raised, honestly it's ridiculous! We have had to book removals as they only had one van left for the date so just paid the deposit and I am going to pray!

I am still about and reading, but am going to have a bit of a break from this diary I think. Hope to be back in a month or so, we will have either moved or not by then. Either way the stress should have gone. 
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
  • luciellelucielle Forumite
    8.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Take care and hope you manage a great Christmas
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124