Forum Home» Debt-Free Wannabe» Debt Free Diaries

Drawing a line under the debt. Take two. - Page 73

New Post Advanced Search

Drawing a line under the debt. Take two.

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Debt Free Diaries
859 replies 45K views

Replies

• savingholmessavingholmes Forumite
    14.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope it gets resolved
    During 2021: Target 1) Clear CC debt £15212 £[email protected] 0% Target 2) Lose weight 3) Write regularly 38113/70000 words Book 2 4) Promote book(s) 5) Develop passive income streams 6) Build 3-6 mths EF 7) Declutter
  • DrawingalineDrawingaline Forumite
    2K posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    EA rang today. Basically said enough is enough and that he doesn't think our buyers are getting a mortgage. Apparently he has persuaded them to talk to the in house broker tomorrow morning so should know if it's possible for them to go ahead by the end of the day, and then said we should look at remarketing on Monday. Thinks we can get another buyer in a week or so, I am not convinced. 

Also our vendors have asked for our contact details. He want happy about this, I suggested just my email address,not like I can tell them anything new. If they get in touch I will tell them that we won't be pulling out, and really want their house.

So tonight will be a long talk with hubby, lists of pros and cons and decision time I think. I swing between staying put and moving, but honestly, nothing else has come on I am happy with, so 🤷
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
    2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Been looking at my saved list. A couple of houses that have potential, but one has a flying freehold and parking round the back which isn't great, but it is an actual proper 5 bed so...and one more that has potential to rejig the layout and is detached, but will need some money off to make it viable. But maybe, we can swing it.
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
  • luciellelucielle Forumite
    8.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hope you manage to reach a decision
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124
  • Honeysucklelou2Honeysucklelou2 Forumite
    3.4K posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to read that you are still waiting for your buyers to be in a position to exchange...how frustrating. If it’s any consolation, a friend is moving and has been waiting to book the removals since September. Moving is a lengthy process at the best of times but shame about the time needed for mortgage applications to be processed and approved. Hope there is better news over the weekend.
    paydbx2021 #93 £1766/£7,250 . 2021 savings challenge £130.44/£1000
    EF £340 . SPC 039
    Savings 2 £8.50 H2S £275.00
  • edited 7 November 2020 at 3:31PM
    DrawingalineDrawingaline Forumite
    2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 7 November 2020 at 3:31PM
    Well thats it. Buyer officially pulled out 😭 we are remarketing and will see what viewings materialise next week, but I think the vendors have had enough and will want to remarket too. Nothing else on that's quite right, and would mean a longer chain etc, so we will see what happens next week, but I think we will probably end up leaving it all until next summer unless a miracle occurs! So annoyed.
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
    2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Two viewings booked in for Monday evening. Parking will be crap, but at least it will be dark so I don't need to make the garden look brilliant 😂 it's out of our hands now, will see what the EA can do regarding our purchase, but if I was them I would probably want to remarket. 
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
  • luciellelucielle Forumite
    8.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear that and Grrr to dodgy buyers.
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124
  • Honeysucklelou2Honeysucklelou2 Forumite
    3.4K posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    So sorry to read about your buyers.
    paydbx2021 #93 £1766/£7,250 . 2021 savings challenge £130.44/£1000
    EF £340 . SPC 039
    Savings 2 £8.50 H2S £275.00
    2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Spoke to solicitors and she said we are basically ready to exchange in the purchase 😭😭😭 

However another viewing booked (unfortunately in daylight so did warn that our front garden was a state, but keeps raining) and the vendors are giving us time to remarket 😱🤞am allowing EA to ask any FTB to speak to their in house MA, I know they can't make them, but we believe our previous buyers MA made a massive mistake and that is the reason why it all went wrong. I want to know anyone who wants the house is really financially viable. 

So now off to scrub my house. The girl did tidy her room yesterday, but not to my standard 🙄 at least the jobs I was going to take on for the boss didn't materialise this week.....
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉