Forum Home» Debt-Free Wannabe» Debt Free Diaries

Drawing a line under the debt. Take two. - Page 72

New Post Advanced Search

Drawing a line under the debt. Take two.

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Debt Free Diaries
839 replies 43.5K views

Replies

• luciellelucielle Forumite
    8.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry this is taking forever, every time I log on I'm hoping to read its sorted.
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124
  • DrawingalineDrawingaline Forumite
    2K posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    lucielle said:
    Sorry this is taking forever, every time I log on I'm hoping to read its sorted.
    L
    Thanks, it's just getting rather annoying now.
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
    2K posts
    ✭✭✭
    Still nothing, hoping to hear today either way tbh. But who knows 🤷
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
  • luciellelucielle Forumite
    8.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Keeping everything crossed
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124
  • savingholmessavingholmes Forumite
    14.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope things resolve soon for you - hugs
    During 2021: Target 1) Clear CC debt £15212 £[email protected] 0% Target 2) Lose weight 3) Write regularly 32187/70000 words Book 2 4) Promote book(s) 5) Develop passive income streams 6) Build 3-6 mths EF 7) Declutter
    2K posts
    ✭✭✭
    Still nothing and this half hearted lockdown is not helping!

We have been talking it through. Our mortgage offer expires mid Jan. I don't think I will have my paye job from Xmas. We can afford the mortgage without it, but it affects our borrowing amount. So basically we won't be pulling out, but if we lose either the vendor or buyer we won't be pursuing a new chain. We will wait a year and see what happens post stamp duty holiday. I will be calling the EA, tomorrow and let them know that if it's not sorted by Xmas it probably won't happen. If we are not competed by then I don't thing we can carry on due to the job issue. 

On the plus side I do have over 3k saved, hubby has 1.5k so after any conveyancing bills we can pay a chunk back to my dad and carry on saving about £700/800 a month. But we are really feeling cramped here now. And will have to sort lots out in Jan regarding home office stuff and the last few niggly jobs that need doing and we were hoping to not have to do. If we do get over the line, I will make sure the house is clean,but won't be touching the garden which is needing a bit of attention. I am very annoyed at our buyers mucking is about like this.
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
  • That’s so disheartening for you.  Sounds like a good plan try not moving if they don’t complete by a certain date.  Hopefully this will make them pull their finger out.
    2 credit cards gone forever, just 6 more credit cards, 2 loans and 2 car loans to go! What were we thinking!
    2K posts
    ✭✭✭
    That’s so disheartening for you.  Sounds like a good plan try not moving if they don’t complete by a certain date.  Hopefully this will make them pull their finger out.
    Unfortunately it is the mortgage company for our buyer that is the slow cog. And they have no control over the length of time it takes. Just annoyed that we were actually pretty close and this has delayed us 5 weeks so far! Because we are selling and buying through the same EA they will lose both lots of money (although our vendors would need to remarket as they have left the country) so am hoping this will lead to some pressure, but in the end it is out of everyone's hands really.
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
    2K posts
    ✭✭✭
    Spoke to both EA and solicitor today. Solicitor was going to ring our buyers solicitor to check it was just the mortgage they were waiting on and are otherwise ready to go, and is still waiting to hear back from our vendors re the indemnity policy. I told her we are happy to pay for it if it becomes a stumbling block.

EA still chasing broker about our buyers mortgage. It will take as long as it takes. I told her our timescale and she is confident it should be done by Xmas, but tbh I am not holding out hope now. Am convinced it will all fall through. But hubby did say if they do get a mortgage confirmed we will book removals with the deposit, because there is a three week wait at least. We can shift the date with 10 days notice, so may be worth it, especially as we are the only ones physically moving.
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉