Comments

• Ronaldo_Mconaldo
    Options
    Troll time!
  • spadoosh
    spadoosh Posts: 8,732 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Jayjay would you really deprive a father of seeing their child because they take cocaine on a friday night?

janey3 do you really think that the OP's other half will take coke in front of his child?

I mean have you had sex in front of your child? Get drunk with them? Or are you a responsible parent who know what your child should and shouldn't be seeing and getting influenced by?

How long before he increases it.. .Got to be heroin next, op have you found the needles??? Hes been doing it for 11 years i cant imagine his consumptionis about to rocket. Alas all druggies are junkies though.

OP im guessing when you say you earn more than him hes on benefits? Sits around all day picking his arris. Occasionally chucking a greggs sausage roll in your kids cage? I mean thats what druggies do isnt it?

You cant possibly have someone whose normal but at weekends wants to escape the world and the judgements it casts by taking drugs. Ludicrous. Nope they all steal, cheat, take harder and harder drugs all the time, i lit up a joint last night and by time i finished it there where needles in my arm.

OP it sounds like youve fallen out of love with him. You can manipulate and make threats and he might change. Theres no guarantees what he'll change to though (ie resent you for ruining his fun). The very idea that someone could give an ultimatum ina relationship seems wrong to me. You should love your partner for who they are not what you want them to be. If you dont love him for who he is, dont change him only to find out you dont like that either.
  • mummyto_1
    Options
    I promise I am not a troll :) but not sure how I'd prove it?

My usual profile says I joined in October 2006 and have nearly 2,500 posts (sorry got it wrong in my OP when I said 3,000 posts)
  • mummyto_1
    Options
    spadoosh wrote: »
    Jayjay would you really deprive a father of seeing their child because they take cocaine on a friday night?

janey3 do you really think that the OP's other half will take coke in front of his child?

I mean have you had sex in front of your child? Get drunk with them? Or are you a responsible parent who know what your child should and shouldn't be seeing and getting influenced by?

How long before he increases it.. .Got to be heroin next, op have you found the needles??? Hes been doing it for 11 years i cant imagine his consumptionis about to rocket. Alas all druggies are junkies though.

OP im guessing when you say you earn more than him hes on benefits? Sits around all day picking his arris. Occasionally chucking a greggs sausage roll in your kids cage? I mean thats what druggies do isnt it?

You cant possibly have someone whose normal but at weekends wants to escape the world and the judgements it casts by taking drugs. Ludicrous. Nope they all steal, cheat, take harder and harder drugs all the time, i lit up a joint last night and by time i finished it there where needles in my arm.

OP it sounds like youve fallen out of love with him. You can manipulate and make threats and he might change. Theres no guarantees what he'll change to though (ie resent you for ruining his fun). The very idea that someone could give an ultimatum ina relationship seems wrong to me. You should love your partner for who they are not what you want them to be. If you dont love him for who he is, dont change him only to find out you dont like that either.

No he's not on any benefits, he works full time.

I earn about £7,000 a year more than him
  • spadoosh
    Options
    Im far from a cocaine adovcate too. I once launched a guy out of my house when i caught him snorting a line on my breakfast table. I buttered my toast on that table!!
  • spadoosh
    Options
    mummyto_1 wrote: »
    No he's not on any benefits, he works full time.

I earn about £7,000 a year more than him

But hes a terrible dad because of his drug habit though yeh?
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    mummyto_1 wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm not actually a new user I've been a member for 10 years with over 3,000 posts but wanted to post under the radar.

I've been with my partner 6 years and we have a child who is 3.

We also own a house together.

Deep breath and here goes.............about once a week he'll take cocaine.

doof, doof...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mwvKgQeMg8
    Troll time!

Certainly strange that the the OP and the first post replying to it are both brand new accounts, join date today.

Also a bit odd that cocaine is so cheap to come by, I thought it was the preserve of the wealthy. But I'm not about to google it and find out :D
  • Primrose
    Primrose Posts: 10,623 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 17 November 2017 at 5:42PM
    Options
    This has obviously caused you anxiety to post on here under a new identity, even though none of us know your original identity so I assume it is an issue, the seriousness of which troubles you deeply.

My experience of most drug users is that even though they may be low users, the longer they do it, the more addicted they become and the more impossible it is for them to wean themselves of the habit.

So time to address this issue seriously. Do want to risk you and your child having a life which risks going downhill because of drug abuse. He may only be taking it once a week at the moment (or so he says). How long before that becomes twice a wee, and then three times a week and the expense becomes higher and higher?

There are really only two options

1. You confront his habit with a view to him being prepared to undergo whatever therapy is necessary to come off the drug and stay off it permanently.

2. If he won’t do this you pull the plug on this relatiionship now before he moves to a deeper stage of addiction.

I honestly think you’ll be deluding yourself if you think his habit will be contained at its current level. I think you and he need to sit down and have a very serious talk about how your relationship proceeds but before you do this I would get all your preparations in place for moving out so that if he is not prepared to give it up, knowing the anxiety it causes you, you have a Plan B to set in place very quickly.

It,s not simply the amount he’s spending per week, it’s that he’s spending it on an illegal substance. Do you really want to bring your child up in a druggie household ? That alone would encourage me to walk and free myself of any future risk.
  • bagpussbear
    Options
    Cocaine is an addictive drug. It might be once a week now, but it will be more than that a few months down the line.

It's not about the money. You need to address this now with him.

You have a 3 year old, this is not a negotiable matter! help him to sort himself out (why is he feeling the need to escape from reality?) and if that gets nowhere then you need to part ways.
  • mummyto_1
    Options
    avogadro wrote: »
    doof, doof...

Certainly strange that the the OP and the first post replying to it are both brand new accounts, join date today.

Also a bit odd that cocaine is so cheap to come by, I thought it was the preserve of the wealthy. But I'm not about to google it and find out :D

Just noticed that, and agree it now looks dodgy :rotfl:

I've never bought drugs before so don't actually know how much he gets for £20.

I wouldn't say he's a terrible Dad.

Starting to doubt myself now and think maybe I am over reacting
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family