Forum Home» Energy

Pure Planet reviews: add your feedback - Page 49

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Pure Planet reviews: add your feedback

edited 15 November 2018 at 2:56PM in Energy
499 replies 91.1K views

Replies

• PurePlanetPurePlanet Organisation Representatives - Private Messages may not be monitored
    167 posts
    100 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Hi @nohooky
    Great to hear you're looking at switching to Pure Planet!  :) Currently, we'd be unable to support your meter setup - this is something we're working on at the moment, so you'd be able to switch to us soon! 
    Nataly @PurePlanet
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of Pure Planet. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the Verified Companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to [email protected] This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
  • GClark303GClark303 Forumite
    2 posts
    First Post
    I switched to Pure Planet in July on the back of the MSE fixed deal without doing any further research and boy do I wish I hadn't bothered! 

The switch all appeared to have gone fine - and, having never had any issues with an energy switch in the past,  I didn't really  give things too much further thought. That is until the end of August when I got an email asking for initial meter readings. Gas was fine, but not electricity. Although we're not on an economy 7 tariff, we've got a dual rate electrify meter  and the opening readings showing on my Pure Planet account were not only slightly different to the initial ones I'd provided but they had the low reading listed as the day usage and vice versa. While I know we're on a single rate tariff, had I had entered my new day and night readings, it would have shown a massive amount of daytime usage and a considerable minus amount of nighttime usage.  So I thought I should contact Pure Planet to get things rectified. It was then that I found out that you can only contact them online/via email and not by phone, which I discovered means a lag of several days between each message being replied to :-(

For reasons I'm still not totally clear about, it appears that the slight discrepancy in the numbers was due to 'an independent validator' using estimates when I switched, even though I had provided opening readings and included a photo of the meter readings. That has now been rectified and our correct opening readings used, but they are still the wrong way round on our account. After a month of correspondence, and in spite of me sending a copy of our final statement from our old supplier, several photos of the meter clearly showing the two readings being the exact opposite of the ones they have our account, and confirming that the low reading on the meter moves at night and the normal reading moves during the day, Pure Planet cannot accept that they have things wrong and still continue to imply that the problem is at my end.

On Tuesday, I sent an email to ask for my case to be escalated and I got a reply today saying that I could expect to hear from a manager within 5 working days so I'm waiting to see if that resolves matters. But to be honest I've lost all faith in Pure Planet now and I'm inclined to switch again as soon as this is resolved even though I'll be hit with early exit fees. I guess it goes to show that just because MSE promotes an offer, it doesn't mean it's the right offer for you and it shouldn't stop you from doing some research of your own. If nothing else, I know now to make sure that any utility company I sign up with in future has a customer services department that's contactable by phone! 

• Gerry1Gerry1 Forumite
    3.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    GClark303 said:
    For reasons I'm still not totally clear about, it appears that the slight discrepancy in the numbers was due to 'an independent validator' using estimates when I switched, even though I had provided opening readings and included a photo of the meter readings.
  • PurePlanetPurePlanet Organisation Representatives - Private Messages may not be monitored
    167 posts
    Hi @GClark303
    Whenever you switch energy suppliers your readings go through a validation process. This is run by an independent third party and regulated by Ofgem. It's there to make sure both suppliers use the same readings, so you don't pay for energy usage twice  :). If the independent body sends back an estimated reading, both suppliers have to use it by the terms of our energy licence - I'm glad to hear your opening readings could be sorted! 
    We're a digital-first supplier - this allows us to be more efficient and save money, savings we pass on to you. We try to be as accessible as possible, though we appreciate this format won't suit everyone. The best way to get in touch with our Member Services team is by selecting 'get help and support' > 'ask a question' in your account. If WattBot can't help, he sends your conversation through to the team. 
    Sometimes, the way your meter is registered within the industry is the opposite to how it appears (e.g. what appears on the meter as your 'day' reading is actually registered as your 'night' reading). That may be what's happened here! Our Member Services team will be able to get this sorted for you if they have photos of your meter and readings - don't worry, ultimately you'll only pay for energy you've used. Hope this gets sorted for you! 
    Nataly @PurePlanet
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of Pure Planet. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the Verified Companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to [email protected] This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
  • edited 2 October at 3:05PM
    GClark303GClark303 Forumite
    2 posts
    First Post
    edited 2 October at 3:05PM

Thanks Nataly, that marries up with what I was told though I still fail to see how a meter reading with an accompanying photo can be deemed to be in any way inaccurate! 

Nevertheless, as I’ve said the dispute over the accuracy of the opening electricity readings was resolved by Pure Planet and they’re now using the ones I provided. The problem is they’re still entered onto our account the wrong way round. I would find it easier to accept that it was a simple matter of the meter readings being registered the opposite of how they appear if It had been an issue with any of the three previous energy suppliers we’ve had, but it hasn’t been a problem before. 

I really just feel like I’m banging my head against a brick wall.  It’s been over a month since I raised the concern with Pure Planet’s Member Services and sent more readings, photos and did a load test, but after seven emails from me they cannot seem to grasp the issue which I is why I asked for my case to be escalated. In the reply I received today confirming that a manager would contact me, it was again implied that the problem was with the meter readings at my end. 

I have no issues with electronic communication but having to wait several days for a response that then asks for more information, and then having to waiting several more days for the next response and so on, is not my definition of efficient, when it could have dealt with in seconds on the phone! But I can only blame myself for not doing my homework a bit more before signing up with Pure Planet!

• Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
    167 posts
    Hi @GClark303
     Hope this gets resolved for you - the load test will have confirmed the correct configuration of your meter so that'll be taken into account and the meter's info updated if needed as a result, to make sure it's correct. 
    Your readings will be set according to the industry data we've received during your switch, so it may be that information needs to be updated. If that's the case our Member Services team will let you know  :)
    Nataly @PurePlanet  
    Verified Company
  • Mack1Mack1 Forumite
    2 posts
    Seventh Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Avoid, hopeless experience and disgraceful customer support. I tried to switch my energy supply to Pure Planet through comparison on MSE. Having not received any acknowledgment of the switch or notification from my current supplier that they had been contacted to switch I tried to contact Pure Planet but they do not have any contact centre or the ability to speak direct to anyone but instead you have to download an app. This then provides a virtual assistant that is unable to engage in any dialogue but responds only to FAQ’s, it then forwards your question for a later response. Two days later still no reply so MSE provided me an email address. A further two days later still no reply to either the app or email contact!! A week after the request for the switch Pure Planet responded on the app and claimed my application had been cancelled and that I should ask MSE to reset my account and apply again, guess what the products have now changed and the new product is not as competitive as the one I applied for.
    Needless to say I have now taken my business elsewhere to another supplier.
    167 posts
    Hi @Mack1
    Whenever you start a switch to Pure Planet from MSE, we send an email asking you to verify the account and confirm your switch (more detail on that can be found here). It sounds like something may have gone amiss with your account verification and starting your switch - it's always worth checking your spam/junk mail just in case. 
    It sounds like some unfortunate timing in this case as we have just changed our prices, to reflect increasing wholesale costs.  Hope your switch to your new chosen supplier goes smoothly. 
    Nataly @PurePlanet
    Verified Company
  • Archie_DukeArchie_Duke Forumite
    30 posts
    Sixth Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I just received an email today informing me of an increase in electricity kWh unit price increase. 14.420 p/kWh  15.521 p/kWh
    Apparently I’m being given “as much notice as possible”. This amounts to a whole 26 days, gee,  @PurePlanet thanks a ton!! Gas price isn’t increasing though, so good for dual-fuel customers.  I passed on the opportunity to go to the Fixed Tariff because of the exit fee that I wasn’t happy to get locked into. Where’s the fun in being charged to switch?!
    Pure Planet blog regarding price changes (increases) here
    https://blog.purepla.net/wholesale-price-review-update-were-changing-our-prices-91cc1bbe0c71
    Arch
    Finally free of Utili#y [email protected]! :dance:
  • maboroukmaborouk Forumite
    9 posts
    Part of the Furniture Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I just received an email today informing me of an increase in electricity kWh unit price increase. 14.420 p/kWh  15.521 p/kWh
    Apparently I’m being given “as much notice as possible”. This amounts to a whole 26 days, gee,  @PurePlanet thanks a ton!! Gas price isn’t increasing though, so good for dual-fuel customers.  I passed on the opportunity to go to the Fixed Tariff because of the exit fee that I wasn’t happy to get locked into. Where’s the fun in being charged to switch?
    I would guess that is the risk you take re not signing up for a Fixed Tariff?
    Unfortunately you can’t have it both ways, surely you understand that...
    The only true Boro Fan in Aberdeen :D;)