Forum Home» Energy

Pure Planet reviews: add your feedback - Page 46

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Pure Planet reviews: add your feedback

edited 15 November 2018 at 1:56PM in Energy
504 replies 92.4K views

Replies

• DopeyDylanHDopeyDylanH Forumite
    5 posts
    Name Dropper First Post
    Dispute in progress, new reading and photo sent, another one due in a week.  Thanks for your help guys :)
  • PurePlanetPurePlanet Organisation Representatives - Private Messages may not be monitored
    170 posts
    100 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Great to hear @DopeyDylanH, thanks for the update!  B)
    Nataly @PurePlanet
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of Pure Planet. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the Verified Companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to [email protected] This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
  • bwill07818bwill07818 Forumite
    1 posts
    Seventh Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Hello, I'm considering a switch to Pure Planet but just wanted to ask the charges for winter & summer.  Currently it says if I switch my monthly DD charge will be £93...is this winter or summer rate and if it's summer what can I expect the charge to be over winter months? What months do your charges run to?
  • edited 18 September at 9:44AM
    PurePlanetPurePlanet Organisation Representatives - Private Messages may not be monitored
    170 posts
    edited 18 September at 9:44AM
    Hey @bwill07818
    Good question! We charge a little less in the warmer months (April - September), and a little more in the colder months (October - March), to reflect changes in usage throughout the year. Before you confirm your switch, you'll also be shown confirmation of how your Direct Debit is split between the warmer and colder months. There's more info on that in our FAQs which I think you'll find helpful, too  :)
    Nataly @PurePlanet
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of Pure Planet. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the Verified Companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to [email protected] This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
  • edited 18 September at 9:48AM
    Gerry1Gerry1 Forumite
    4.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 18 September at 9:48AM
    Hello, I'm considering a switch to Pure Planet but just wanted to ask the charges for winter & summer.  Currently it says if I switch my monthly DD charge will be £93...is this winter or summer rate and if it's summer what can I expect the charge to be over winter months? What months do your charges run to?
    Welcome to the forum.
    With all due respect, you need to understand how energy works, otherwise you'll become a cropper !  Forget the DD amounts, they're highly misleading, just contributions into a kitty that may or may not be sufficient to cover your usage.  Similarly, forget any claimed savings, they won't be achieved thanks to Ofgem's crazy formula.
    Instead, you need to think of your annual usage in kilowatt hours based on actual meter readings: don't use estimated readings because they might be seriously adrift.   For electricity, it's just the difference in meter readings taken a year apart.  Much the same for gas except that the meter reads volume not kWh so you need to check whether the meter is imperial or metric and then convert the volume to kWh here.
    Once you know your annual consumption in kWh, start comparing the annual costs with the Citizens Advice and 'Switch with Which?' sites.  Don't forget to see whether separate suppliers work out cheaper than dual fuel.
    You then have to decide whether you want a fixed or a variable tariff.  A fixed tariff lasts for a certain period, typically 12 months, so you have certainly of prices but it often costs about £30 per fuel if you leave with more than 49 days to run.  You can leave at any time on a variable rate, but the rates can always go up or down so you need a good crystal ball.
    Don't forget that only the rates are fixed with a fixed tariff.  You'll use more energy if the weather turns cold or you turn the thermostat up, your monthly fixed DD will increase twice to reflect your higher usage and to claw back the arrears.  That catches out a lot of people who think that a fixed tariff means the DD will also be fixed.
    Finally, check the satisfaction ratings here on MSE and also on Citizens Advice.  Some companies such as Tonik and Symbio don't have great reviews.
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • doylejimdoylejim Forumite
    5 posts
    Name Dropper First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Hi I have just used the Martin Lewis energy switch service and went for a switch with @PurePlanet . After receiving an email from moneysavingexpert.com saying everything is going through, However  I then received an email from Pure Planet saying they had received my request to switch but they were missing some information but not to worry as the offer made on the comparison site would still stand by the time i got to the end of the process. I have not gone through the switch process on the pure planet sight as it should still be going through on the money saving expert.com switch is this right as I need clarification to know ify switch is going through thanks 
  • BringOutTheChimpBringOutTheChimp Forumite
    1 posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    I have just cancelled my switch to the 100% Green 12 month Fixed dual fuel tariff due to an unsatisfactory response to the quoted electricity tariff rate I signed up for direct from PP's website and what the contract then stated.  When I question this via the complaint link via PC (the bot thing was a nightmare) I received an email stating that the difference was due to VAT.  I replied stating that I have screenshots of every step of the signup where the rate was stated showing it said 'all prices include VAT.  I also have an email confirming the quoted rate and invluded VAT.

I checked the website today and found it is now giving the higher rate but I have not received any further response so I cancelled the switch. I only hope it processes quickly and without issue so I can move on to finding a new supplier before rates change again.
  • PurePlanetPurePlanet Organisation Representatives - Private Messages may not be monitored
    170 posts
    Hey @doylejim
    Sometimes our Member Services team need a bit more info to be able to complete your switch, such as photos of your meters, it's best to reply to that email with the info requested, so they can finish your switch  :)
    Nataly @PurePlanet
    Verified Company
    5 posts
    Name Dropper First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Hi this is the email I got 

Thanks for being a Zero Hero with Pure Planet

Hello James

Complete your details to join Pure Planet

Welcome to Pure Planet. We've got your request to switch from a price comparison site, but we're missing some information.

Get a new quote on our website using the same email address so that your details are up to date. If you've got a special offer from a comparison site, don't worry, we've saved it. You'll still get this once you've finished your switch
    So what do I do next please
    5 posts
    Name Dropper First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Do I need to switch through your site ?and will I still get the cashback from mse thanks ?