Forum Home» Energy

Pure Planet reviews: add your feedback - Page 45

New Post Advanced Search

Pure Planet reviews: add your feedback

edited 15 November 2018 at 2:56PM in Energy
478 replies 89.3K views

Replies

• PurePlanetPurePlanet Organisation Representatives - Private Messages may not be monitored
    161 posts
    100 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    LiamDuddy said:
    I would like to cancel this transfer now as this whole process has left me anxious about my supply.
    Hi @LiamDuddy
    Sorry to hear you're anxious, we def don't want that. I don't have your exact details but I've checked with our Member services team and it does look as though it has been cancelled for you.
    Also - did you verify your account and receive a welcome pack? If not, then don't worry, there's nothing to cancel.
    Marc @ Pure Planet
    Quick update @LiamDuddy
    Hayley from our Member services team is emailing you know to confirm that the switch has been cancelled. 
    Marc @PurePlanet
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of Pure Planet. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the Verified Companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to [email protected] This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
  • nick99_2nick99_2 Forumite
    3 posts
    Part of the Furniture First Post Combo Breaker
    More PurePlanet 'support' stupidity:
    I got an email confirming that I had cancelled my switch.
    One week later they took the 'first payment' from my bank account!
    My preference is to use my laptop to access such accounts. I logged in and tried to find out how to enter their 'support chatbot'.
    I wasted nearly half an hour trying - their FAQ pages assured users that you can access their chatbot from EITHER the app or computer.
    This is NOT true if you have cancelled a switch. Presumably their system regards you as not having an account if you have cancelled - despite it sending you a valig 'login' code. You can ONLY access it from the app.
    I then reinstalled their app and simply kept answering "human being" to every question their chatbot asked. Eventually it said it would pass my messages to a real human being and that I could EXPECT A REPLY WITHIN 48 HOURS!!
    I simply said that if someone did not contact me during the day  I would refer the payment to my bank as an unauthorised payment and let them chase it.
    MY ORIGINAL CONCLUSION RESTATED:
    Do NOT sign up with companies like this who have primitive and inflexible IT systems because it will simply end up wasting YOUR time down the line.

• edited 10 August at 3:12PM
    PurePlanetPurePlanet Organisation Representatives - Private Messages may not be monitored
    161 posts
    edited 10 August at 3:12PM
    Hi @nick99_2
    I'm really sorry about that - if your switch was successfully cancelled in your cooling-off period then your payment shouldn't have been collected. That'd of course be refunded to you by the team!  

Our Member Services team will always reply to chats within two working days, though often it's sooner than this. :) They'll also send a text notification to let you know they've replied. We try to be as accessible as possible, though we appreciate the digital-first approach won't suit everyone. 
    Nataly @PurePlanet
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of Pure Planet. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the Verified Companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to [email protected] This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
  • DerfelDerfel Forumite
    11 posts
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    I used the tariff comparison on Money Supermarket and liked the offer from Pure Planet and the sustainable message. I went through the full process to switch on the comparison site and I received an email from Money supermarket saying sit back and relax the switch is being done.

However  I then received an email from Pure Planet saying they had received my request to switch but they were missing some information but not to worry as the offer made on the comparison site would still stand by the time i got to the end of the process. I went through the full process again entering exactly the same details and filling in the same boxes and the offer was now 400GBP higher than the offer on the money supermarket comparison which made it even higher than my existing supplier. 

I don't see how they can do this? It almost seems they get you to sign up under false offers on the comparison site. I clicked cancel switch on their website but have not received anything to confirm the cancellation has gone through and there appears no way of contacting them to discuss. Its not worth the stress!
  • PurePlanetPurePlanet Organisation Representatives - Private Messages may not be monitored
    161 posts
    Hi @Derfel
    There are a few things that could explain the difference in your quote from when you first applied to switch to now - when you initially got your quote with MSM, that would've included any promotional offers in the price. When you get a quote directly on our app/website, the promo offer isn't included in the quote. We've also since introduced a new fixed tariff, with higher unit rates to reflect rising wholesale prices. You can read more on that here.
    Since your supplier had blocked your first switch to us, that's why we'd ensure you still received any offers relevant to when you first started the switch. :)
    Hope that helps explain! 
    Nataly @PurePlanet
    Verified Company
  • DopeyDylanHDopeyDylanH Forumite
    5 posts
    Name Dropper First Post
    It was all going smoothly until I just recieved my bill from my old supplier.  They have my departure gas reading as 637, when I submitted 490 to  pureplanet.  This has caused a massively incorrect bill to be generated.  I've contacted both Octopus and yourselves, but with the 'online only' approach, thought I'd try here too.
  • edited 26 August at 2:17PM
    PurePlanetPurePlanet Organisation Representatives - Private Messages may not be monitored
    161 posts
    edited 26 August at 2:17PM
    Hey @DopeyDylanH
    Whenever you switch energy supplier your closing/opening readings are sent to an independent third party to be verified - sometimes, they return estimated readings to both suppliers to use instead. It sounds like that's what happened in this case, you can read more about that process here.
    We'd be able to raise what's known as a 'reading dispute' to get this sorted for you. To do that, just get in touch with our Member Services team ('get help and support' > 'ask a question') and let them know what's happened. It's also really helpful if you have photos of your opening reading and current reading  :)
    Nataly @PurePlanet
    Verified Company
  • edited 26 August at 5:25PM
    DopeyDylanHDopeyDylanH Forumite
    5 posts
    Name Dropper First Post
    edited 26 August at 5:25PM
    Hey @DopeyDylanH
    Whenever you switch energy supplier your closing/opening readings are sent to an independent third party to be verified - sometimes, they return estimated readings to both suppliers to use instead. It sounds like that's what happened in this case, you can read more about that process here.
    We'd be able to raise what's known as a 'reading dispute' to get this sorted for you. To do that, just get in touch with our Member Services team ('get help and support' > 'ask a question') and let them know what's happened. It's also really helpful if you have photos of your opening reading and current reading  :)
    Nataly @PurePlanet
    Thanks for getting back to me. I've read the link you mention, however I did send a photo when I submitted my reading, and even now I'm only on 493 on my reading... to be over by 150 units is some very poor estimate.by the independent 3rd party.  Are they a blind cabbage salesperson?!  If I left a Bunsen burner running in the 14 days between my previous Octopus reading and my closing reading I doubt I'd get through that much gas.

I presume if I start a reading dispute, you will already have my reading and my photo, and can obviously supply a current reading.

[I've just tried starting a reading dispute, but because I'd already chatted to WattBot, and the conversation been passed to 'the team', I get no response from WattBot...]
  • Gerry1Gerry1 Forumite
    3.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Your reading is outside the official tolerance so you can challenge it.
  • edited 27 August at 9:08AM
    161 posts
    edited 27 August at 9:08AM
    Hey @DopeyDylanH
    Spot on from @Gerry1 :)
    Our Member Services team will absolutely be able to use your opening reading and as you suggested, your current reading. 
    If your conversation's been passed to the team already that means anything you send will be viewed by them when they reply to your messages, within two working days. I'd advise sending a pic of your current reading if you haven't already, too, so they have everything they'd need for the dispute  B)
    Nataly @PurePlanet
    Verified Company