Pure Planet reviews: add your feedback

Options

Comments

• I am really disappointed from PP. I have used many many providers in the past and I have never faced this kind of service.
    I just wanted to enter my opening reading for gas. ( I like generally cool temperatures so I don't use much gas in the property).
    The "Bot" would not accept my opening meter for gas (said too many digits?!) and someone was telling me that supposedly my previous provider did not register my gas meter exchange with the national database. (If they are talking about a gas meter exchange this happened years ago and I have never had problems with my previous supplier). In any case they just refused to take my opening reading and they just put an estimated opening reading by themselves (which is by 3500 m3 different than mine, that is approx 110000 kW difference... very nice!), although I have sent them pictures of the meter...
    Every  communication with them takes forever (they reply to each message after 3 days), and everytime they ask me to sent them a new picture of the meter. Finally, they say you know we cannot register your reading because your meter is moving only by a little...
    So I turn the heating on although I didn't want to (with the windows open because I was too hot... what a waste of energy prompted by a company that wants to reduce our carbon footprint!!!), so the meter moved substantially. I now sent them a new picture... still no reply.
    This has been going on for almost 2 months. I ask them to give me a call to sort it out and they said we do not give calls.
    This might be only my experience, but the "digital" system they have (basically you send them a message and they reply after 3 working days), means that for a simple conversation for a simple issue it can take up to a month to sort things. By far the worst supplier I have ever had.

• PurePlanet
    PurePlanet Posts: 199 Organisation Representative
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 4 November 2020 at 6:12PM
    Options
    Hey @CyberDeus
    Whenever your meters are changed, the new details need to be registered in the national database used by all suppliers when you switch - it sounds like the details may not have been updated in the past, which could become an issue in the case of switching. It sounds like the Member Services team are working in the background to get your meter details corrected, which can take up to 12 weeks. 
    Our service is 100% digital - we don't have call centres. Being 100% digital allows us to be more efficient and save money - savings we pass on to you. 
    Nataly @PurePlanet
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of Pure Planet. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the Verified Companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
  • Frogalot
    Options
    I've just signed up, hoping Pure Planet live up to their good reputation! I was mostly persuaded by the carbon off-setting for gas - anywhere I can read up more on what you actually do to achieve this? And can I put my 'refer a friend' code up here? QMpBFFQc (just have, but it won't allow me to hyperlink it. For anyone reading, I think that'll bag us both a £50 reward).
  • PurePlanet
    Options
    Hey @Frogalot
    Nice one, welcome to PP!  B)
    Yeah absolutely, we have more info all about it in our Community's FAQs, and we also have a section 'All About Renewables' where we chat about a wide range of topics with Members, too! Hope you find it interesting and helpful  :)
    Nataly @PurePlanet
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of Pure Planet. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the Verified Companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
  • Leesills2
    Options
    Do not use this company! I will explain why.
    This company failed to switch me for whatever reason, I tried to assist but their "chat bot" is their customer services defence line. If you have any issues with this company be prepared to battle a bot who then puts you through to a chat representative who replies 2 days late! 
    The human on the other side of the chat told me that all of my switch was CANCELED and that if I wanted to still be a customer of pureplanet I would need to re-apply online. I DID NOT RE APPLY. 
    Instead, I went back to my current supplier who offered me a better deal to stay. 
    4 weeks later I get a bill from pureplanet stating I owe them money and my supply is now with them.
    They handled the complaint unprofessionally and refused to admit they were at fault after telling me they had canceled everything and I would have to re-apply if  I wanted to switch to them (I have evidence of all of this).
    After a few weeks of talking to these morons, I decided to go to the ombudsman as they were clearly playing dumb and trying to fraudulently gain me as a customer but had been caught out. 
    I now have a case with the ombudsman and waiting to hear. Pureplanet has now admitted fault because the ombudsman is involved.  Still waiting for the ombudsman's decision. 
    I will be filing a legal claim after the ombudsman's decision. 
    DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY THEIR BUSINESS PRACTICES ARE DIABOLICAL. 
  • nickcc
    nickcc Posts: 2,265 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Presuming of course that the Ombudsman finds in your favour.  Personally I find them to be an excellent company compared to most of my previous suppliers.
  • PurePlanet
    edited 11 January 2021 at 3:40PM
    Options
    Hi @Leesills2
    We're a digital-first supplier - we don't have call centres. The recommended way to get in touch with the Member Services team is by selecting 'get help and support' > 'ask a question'. Once passed to the team they reply within two working days and send an SMS notification to let you know they've replied. We try to be as accessible as possible, and we appreciate that this format won't suit every one.
    I'm sorry you're unhappy with the service received in this case, and am happy to hear the situation's being thoroughly looked into. 
    Nataly @PurePlanet
    Verified Company
  • Rakushun
    Options
    Hi @Leesills2
    We're a digital-first supplier - we don't have call centres. The recommended way to get in touch with the Member Services team is by selecting 'get help and support' > 'ask a question'. Once passed to the team they reply within two working days and send an SMS notification to let you know they've replied. We try to be as accessible as possible, and we appreciate that this format won't suit every one.
    I'm sorry you're unhappy with the service received in this case, and am happy to hear the situation's being thoroughly looked into. 
    Nataly @PurePlanet
    The company replies here are putting me right off, and I was hopeful for a fully green supply. 

When you get a lot of feedback saying there is problems with your system the prudent thing to do is take the feedback onboard and see what options you have to resolve it. Passive aggressive replies that ignore the customer and the effort they went to before making a complaint will do your company no favours.

You’ve made my mind up for me.
  • nickcc
    nickcc Posts: 2,265 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Personally I see nothing wrong with the reply from pure planet as it just states the facts.
  • Rakushun
    Options
    nickcc said:
    Personally I see nothing wrong with the reply from pure planet as it just states the facts.
    That’s fair, everyone sees things from their own personal perspectives, I just also have the training to see things from the customers perspective, and the tone used hasn’t changed from what I’ve seen in this thread of customers sharing their dissatisfaction. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback