Forum Home» Energy

Pure Planet reviews: add your feedback - Page 50

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Pure Planet reviews: add your feedback

edited 15 November 2018 at 1:56PM in Energy
504 replies 92.3K views

Replies

• edited 12 October at 8:17AM
    PurePlanetPurePlanet Organisation Representatives - Private Messages may not be monitored
    170 posts
    100 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 12 October at 8:17AM
    Hey @Archie_Duke
    On our 100% Green Variable tariff you pay no more than we pay for the energy you use — we don't make profit on our Members' rates. Wholesale electricity prices have been rising as we emerge from the first wave of the COVID-19 pandemic. The network and infrastructure costs surrounding the transport of electricity have also increased. As we buy your energy in advance, we’ve taken those extra costs into account.
    Although electricity unit rates have increased on our 100% Green Variable tariff, we aren’t changing how much we collect on your Direct Debit each month. We regularly review your account to keep you on track.

I'm sorry you're disappointed with this price increase. We believe our tariff is fair, transparent and competitive. There are no exit fees or contracts on our variable tariff, so if you decide you'd prefer the peace of mind of our fixed tariff, you're free to switch in your app or online account.
    Nataly @PurePlanet
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of Pure Planet. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the Verified Companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to [email protected] This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
  • edited 12 October at 2:01PM
    Archie_DukeArchie_Duke Forumite
    30 posts
    Sixth Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited 12 October at 2:01PM
    maborouk said:
    I just received an email today informing me of an increase in electricity kWh unit price increase. 14.420 p/kWh  15.521 p/kWh
    Apparently I’m being given “as much notice as possible”. This amounts to a whole 26 days, gee,  @PurePlanet thanks a ton!! Gas price isn’t increasing though, so good for dual-fuel customers.  I passed on the opportunity to go to the Fixed Tariff because of the exit fee that I wasn’t happy to get locked into. Where’s the fun in being charged to switch?
    I would guess that is the risk you take re not signing up for a Fixed Tariff?
    Unfortunately you can’t have it both ways, surely you understand that...
    Yes, completely understand that. You take your chances with the method you choose to pay for your energy. I was offered the opportunity to pay a previous supplier, Eversmart, for my years forecast energy in advance , just a few months before they stopped trading! I passed, so a lucky escape which has coloured my judgement about what lock-ins I’m prepared to risk.

I was just putting the info and a bit of my opinion out there for passing readers and searchers as, well, this is the PurePlanet reviews and feedback thread.
    Arch
    Finally free of Utili#y [email protected]! :dance:
  • Archie_DukeArchie_Duke Forumite
    30 posts
    Sixth Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Hey @Archie_Duke
    On our 100% Green Variable tariff you pay no more than we pay for the energy you use — we don't make profit on our Members' rates. Wholesale electricity prices have been rising as we emerge from the first wave of the COVID-19 pandemic. The network and infrastructure costs surrounding the transport of electricity have also increased. As we buy your energy in advance, we’ve taken those extra costs into account.
    Although electricity unit rates have increased on our 100% Green Variable tariff, we aren’t changing how much we collect on your Direct Debit each month. We regularly review your account to keep you on track.

I'm sorry you're disappointed with this price increase. We believe our tariff is fair, transparent and competitive. There are no exit fees or contracts on our variable tariff, so if you decide you'd prefer the peace of mind of our fixed tariff, you're free to switch in your app or online account.
    Nataly @PurePlanet
    @PurePlanet Nataly, thanks for replying. 
    Price rises are fairly inevitable and in my other answer I’ve explained why I’m reluctant to tie in too readily. PurePlanet’s reasons for increasing the unit price was well detailed in the blog post and I have no reason to doubt the reality of them. I was disappointed with the “as much notice as possible” which amounted to less than a month. We’ll see what the next review of my Direct Debit brings because as you say, it doesn’t necessarily increase at this stage.
    Arch
    Finally free of Utili#y [email protected]! :dance:
  • jelly_tots_2jelly_tots_2 Forumite
    2 posts
    Tenth Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Pure Planet are shocking! They charge you extra (over £25 a month in my case) during the winter months and didn’t make this clear when I switched. It is printed on the MSE site now but wasn’t when I signed up. Customer service is nonexistent. I only swapped 2 months ago and already having issues. Already made a complaint and looking to change. Not impressed at all and it’s a rip off. Looking elsewhere. 
  • TalldaveTalldave Forumite
    1.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Pure Planet are shocking! They charge you extra (over £25 a month in my case) during the winter months and didn’t make this clear when I switched. It is printed on the MSE site now but wasn’t when I signed up. Customer service is nonexistent. I only swapped 2 months ago and already having issues. Already made a complaint and looking to change. Not impressed at all and it’s a rip off. Looking elsewhere. 
    How exactly is it a rip-off? Did you get charged the unit prices you signed up for?
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • nickccnickcc Forumite
    2.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Talldave said:
    How exactly is it a rip-off? Did you get charged the unit prices you signed up for?
    I switched nearly two years ago and was made aware at the time of the terms of my contract which included the different summer/winter rates, just because you failed to read the terms does not make it a ripoff.
  • nickccnickcc Forumite
    2.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    My post was intended for jelly-tots-2.
  • edited 21 October at 8:29AM
    PurePlanetPurePlanet Organisation Representatives - Private Messages may not be monitored
    170 posts
    edited 21 October at 8:29AM
    Hey @jelly_tots_2
    If we averaged payments for each month of the year, it could cause our Members to build up very high credits or debits, depending on the time of year they switched. That's why we take a little less in the warmer months, and a little more in the cooler months. 
    We outline this in your Welcome Pack, emailed when you start your switch, and you can also view the Direct Debit split in your account under 'balance and payments'. I hope that helps! 
    Nataly @PurePlanet
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of Pure Planet. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the Verified Companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to [email protected] This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
  • smjxm09smjxm09 Forumite
    595 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    I was in the process of switching to Pure Planet but have cancelled after reading some of the nightmare stories here.   I have already experienced companies that have no call centre staff and rely on messaging where it can take days to get a reply.    The issue seems to be the inability to sort out problems when things go wrong in a timely manner.

Sorry Pure Planet
  • edited 26 October at 9:24AM
    170 posts
    edited 26 October at 9:24AM
    Hey @smjxm09
    Being 100% digital allows us to be more efficient and save money - savings we pass on to you. We try to be as accessible as possible, and we appreciate that this format won't suit everyone.
    Please don't give up on switching to renewable energy. Take a look at the other options available in the market today. It’s a small step that makes a big difference.  :)
    Thanks!
    Nataly @PurePlanet
    Verified Company