Pure Planet reviews: add your feedback

Options

Comments

• Lynn_Platt
    Options
    Any one else not getting their reward switch vouchers for friend referrals paid out.I was due 4 this week not paid.My son also with Pure Planet also 4 due this week,four not paid.
  • PurePlanet
    PurePlanet Posts: 199 Organisation Representative
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Lockardian wrote: »
    Marc
    I’m considering switching to you from British Gas. The BGT account is in my dad’s name, but I’d like the new account to be in my name. We share the house, and have the same surname.
    Do account holder names get shared in the switching process, meaning there is likely to be an issue? Or can I go ahead with the switch without changing the name on the BGT account?
    Thanks.

Hi @Lockardian
    Great to hear you're thinking about switching to Pure Planet :j
    No problem at all using your name instead of your dad's name. When we speak to British Gas to switch your supply, we'll be using meter serial numbers, not account holders' names.
    We look forward to welcoming you!

Marc @ Pure Planet
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of Pure Planet. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the Verified Companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
  • jackboy1
    Options
    I've tried to switch to Pure Planet today but have nothing but trouble. Email arrives requesting I complete the secure log-in on the app, click on the link in the email and opens the app, get server error message and just go round and round inputting my email address to have the email sent again. Do this, get the email, try to log-in and server error message again. Given up!
  • PurePlanet
    Options
    jackboy1 wrote: »
    I've tried to switch to Pure Planet today but have nothing but trouble. Email arrives requesting I complete the secure log-in on the app, click on the link in the email and opens the app, get server error message and just go round and round inputting my email address to have the email sent again. Do this, get the email, try to log-in and server error message again. Given up!

HI @jackboy1
    Sorry to hear this. What kind of phone are you using? And which OS is it running?
    Marc @ Pure Planet
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of Pure Planet. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the Verified Companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
  • jackboy1
    Options
    Apparently your Tech Team were aware of a technical issue you were having with the email not being recognised by the app and nothing to do with the tablet I use or the OS being run, and they could not advise when this would be resolved. As a result, this resulted in me having no confidence in the app and have gone elsewhere.
  • dont_use_vistaprint
    Options
    PurePlanet wrote: »
    Hi @dont_use_vistaprint
    Sorry to hear that it didn't work out for you.
    We're an app-only supplier, we don't have a contact number. If you have any questions, you can tap 'Help' in your app or drop into the Community to get answers from other Members.
    Being app-only allows us to be more efficient and save money - savings we pass on to you.
    We try to be as accessible as possible, and we appreciate that this format won't suit every one.
    Please don't give up on switching to renewable energy.

Marc @Pure Planet

Iv'e just switched back to PurePlanet without issue. The DD is now variable (higher in winter) but at least it tell you this when switching.
    "It is not the critic who counts..." - Theodore Roosevelt
  • Bazulcat
    Options
    I'm sorry but I don't find this company well organised at all. Even though I've only moved to them recently, I was puzzled by the following. I only bother to write this because I believe its either due to incompetence or possibly dubious practice to try and make sure they don't lose customers.....?

1) One of the opening meter readings (gas) was pure invention on Pure Planet's part. (I keep meticulous records and use Graham Haley's IOS 'Meters' programme and have done for 6 years. Despite emailing Pure Planet twice, I've yet to have any reply as to where their gas reading comes from, which bears no resemblance to reality. (I don't want to hear the hackneyed answer "you probably gave a wrong reading to your former supplier", because my former supplier has just sent me a refund and a final account with the correct readings!

2) I always submit readings when requested. (Last reading was submitted on Nov 16th in good time for Nov 18th deadline. Completely disrgarding this, a statement arrives today (20/11/18) the first ever, with estimated readings! The point here is that deliberately or otherwise, they underestimate the usage and give the illusion the account is in massive credit (which I know is not the case). Not sure of their motives here.

3) Their IOS app doesn't work in three fields of the 'complaints section' (Contact Name;Email;Phone) using either an iphone or an ipad. Their IT people need to get this sorted.

4) Little wonder they don't publish a phone number. Their defence is a deafening silence to answering emails which don't suit them.

Make of this what you will but I not a whinger - simply a customer who wants to be sure he's dealng with an organisation that know what they're doing - else they'll go bust - god forbid.
  • beardiedog
    Options
    I gave up with Pure Planet right at the beginning when their system wouldn't email my quote details.

A sign of frustrations to come I thought at the time so I bailed.
  • PurePlanet
    Options
    Bazulcat wrote: »
    I'm sorry but I don't find this company well organised at all. Even though I've only moved to them recently, I was puzzled by the following. I only bother to write this because I believe its either due to incompetence or possibly dubious practice to try and make sure they don't lose customers.....?

1) One of the opening meter readings (gas) was pure invention on Pure Planet's part. (I keep meticulous records and use Graham Haley's IOS 'Meters' programme and have done for 6 years. Despite emailing Pure Planet twice, I've yet to have any reply as to where their gas reading comes from, which bears no resemblance to reality. (I don't want to hear the hackneyed answer "you probably gave a wrong reading to your former supplier", because my former supplier has just sent me a refund and a final account with the correct readings!

2) I always submit readings when requested. (Last reading was submitted on Nov 16th in good time for Nov 18th deadline. Completely disrgarding this, a statement arrives today (20/11/18) the first ever, with estimated readings! The point here is that deliberately or otherwise, they underestimate the usage and give the illusion the account is in massive credit (which I know is not the case). Not sure of their motives here.

3) Their IOS app doesn't work in three fields of the 'complaints section' (Contact Name;Email;Phone) using either an iphone or an ipad. Their IT people need to get this sorted.

4) Little wonder they don't publish a phone number. Their defence is a deafening silence to answering emails which don't suit them.

Make of this what you will but I not a whinger - simply a customer who wants to be sure he's dealng with an organisation that know what they're doing - else they'll go bust - god forbid.

Hi Bazulcat

Sorry to hear you've not had a good experience.
    It's tricky to answer your queries without knowing your account info, but I'll do my best to address your points.
    We also have a Pure Planet Community and you can send me a private message through there, if you wish.

1. Opening readings are validated by an industry regulator. These sometimes don't match what has been sent to us. If the regulator sends us opening readings which are way off, we can dispute them. If they fall within what's known as a 'tolerance' of your reading, we can't.

2. Great to hear that you always submit monthly meter readings. If you sent us a reading on 16th November, and your billing period runs to the 18th November, then we'll use actual meter readings for the period up to the 16th, and estimates for the two remaining days to the 18th.

3. We've not had any other reports of the app's complaints section not working.

4. The reason we don't publish a phone number is because we don't have one. We're app-only. No call centres, no waiting on hold for ages. Being app-only allows us to be more efficient and save money - savings we pass on to our Members.
    Though of course we know that's not for everyone.

Hope that helps. Happy to keep chatting in our community if you want, too, of course.
    Marc @ Pure Planet
    Verified Company
  • kirwood
    Options
    I tried to transfer to Pure Planet today. Their system says I am on a prepaid meter, which they cannot accept. I checked with both my current suppliers and, as I thought, I am on a smart meter with monthly credit paid by direct debit.

I tried using their help bot but it is apparently less intelligent than me. It was unable to recognise the question, despite numerous variations and so I am nowhere.

Having no other means of communication than a bot is commendable if it works. In its current state it can only act as a deterrent to potential users.

The MSE deal offers the potential for @£10 a week saving. I shall be quite miffed if I miss it. :(
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback