Pure Planet reviews: add your feedback

Options

Comments

• PurePlanet
    PurePlanet Posts: 199 Organisation Representative
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    testfish wrote: »
    I am thinking of joining Pure Planet when my current tariff with Tonik ends in Jan 2019
    Does Pure Planet currently support Smart Meters? or for example would they support the smart meters I currently have which was originally installed when with OVO?

Hi testfish
    We don't support the 1st generation of smart meters (aka SMETS1) as these aren't all that smart - they only work with the supplier which installs them.
    In 2019 we'll be giving Pure Planet Members 2nd generation (SMETS2). There'll be a pilot to start with, before they're offered to Members.
    Great to hear you're thinking of switching. Hopefully we'll be welcoming you soon! :T
    Marc @ Pure Planet
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of Pure Planet. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the Verified Companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
  • PurePlanet
    Options
    Hi PurePlanet,
    How many customers do you have so far?
    When are your prices going up next?
    When did your prices last go up
    Thanks
    Rockingmark

Hi rockingmark
    I'm not able to give you details of our total customers as it's commercially sensitive.
    We review our prices continually. We publish a quarterly blog post about what is happening in the wholesale energy market. You can read the latest blog post here which does state that, because wholesale prices are among he highest in 10 years, we might have to put our prices up in the coming months.
    We increased our Members rate 1st October.

Hope that helps :)
    Marc @ Pure Planet
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of Pure Planet. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the Verified Companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
  • PurePlanet
    Options
    I tried to switch to PurePlanet, you sent an email saying click to add readings or meter numbers but there was nothing to click. The app also had no way to activate and I couldn't find any way to phone you. I emailed you, you took nearly 2 weeks to reply by which time I'd gone elsewhere. For the sake of £10-£15 a year, Ill just go with a company where switching works properly, there are plenty of alternatives in this price range all offering unfixed / wholesale prices / green energy.

Hi @dont_use_vistaprint
    Sorry to hear that it didn't work out for you.
    We're an app-only supplier, we don't have a contact number. If you have any questions, you can tap 'Help' in your app or drop into the Community to get answers from other Members.
    Being app-only allows us to be more efficient and save money - savings we pass on to you.
    We try to be as accessible as possible, and we appreciate that this format won't suit every one.
    Please don't give up on switching to renewable energy.

Marc @Pure Planet
    Verified Company
  • noddy78
    noddy78 Posts: 20 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mikey17 wrote: »
    Having done comparisons on two sites i was already to switch from Bulb to Pure Planet with a possible saving of £150 +.
    However it says on the website that a price increase is soon very likely, good of them to be honest but has made me think twice now

I'm in exactly the same boat got a notification saying I can save £150+ by moving to pure planet but with the obvious forthcoming price increase debating if its really worth it. Also the app only communication is a negative I have Seen a few comments from people who struggled to get in contact with a real person to resolve issues.
  • theyiddo
    theyiddo Posts: 74 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    edited 9 November 2018 at 1:54PM
    Options
    Looking to switch from First Utility, following the fall of USIO - and looks like Pure Planet might be my choice. I've done some background work on them and can see that ultimately they are 23% owned by BP - who have also effectively given them a loan facility, via Pure Planet's parent company, Blue Marble Holdings Ltd - so lets hope they have a safer financial footing than USIO!
  • wavelets
    wavelets Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 9 November 2018 at 2:08PM
    Options
    theyiddo wrote: »
    Looking to switch from First Utility, following the fall of USIO - and looks like Pure Planet might be my choice. I've done some background work on them and can see that ultimately they are 23% owned by BP - who have also effectively given them a loan facility, via Pure Planet's parent company, Blue Marble Holdings Ltd - so lets hope they have a safer financial footing than USIO!

They seem to owe £3m
    Which is being funded by a loan from their parent company
    ... who are also several £m in debt and being funded by a loan by BP

Nice to see the MSE opening line on their Cheap Energy Club site is being heeded :cool:
    PRICES ARE RISING, CHEAP DEALS ARE VANISHING - SO ACT NOW TO FIX YOUR ENERGY
    https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cheapenergyclub
  • theyiddo
    theyiddo Posts: 74 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    wavelets wrote: »
    They seem to owe £3m
    Which is being funded by a loan from their parent company
    ... who are also several £m in debt and being funded by a loan by BP

Erm...yes, thats what I said!

Given BP are already financially invested in PP and its parent, BLue Marble (loan and 23% shareholding) - I'd like to think (or at least hope) they won't pull the plug in a hurry.
  • wavelets
    wavelets Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 9 November 2018 at 2:43PM
    Options
    theyiddo wrote: »
    Erm...yes, thats what I said!

Given BP are already financially invested in PP and its parent, BLue Marble (loan and 23% shareholding) - I'd like to think (or at least hope) they won't pull the plug in a hurry.

Large scale investors take their cue from the financial advisors they employ.
    They will drop a loss maker quicker than a falling stone if they see no way of making money on their investment.

Whether it be Simon Cowell with his latest x-factor recruit.

Or Philip Green who got rid of BHS for a quid having paid £200m for it some years earlier.

Or Simon Cowell dropping Philip Green as an investor (even if it did cost Cowell £10m for the 5% share Green held) when Green's name turned toxic recently, due to the announcement by Lord Hain
  • Lynn_Platt
    Options
    you should know better posting of referral link is not allowed on Energy Forum.You risk getting band from the forums
  • Lockardian
    Options
    Marc
    I’m considering switching to you from British Gas. The BGT account is in my dad’s name, but I’d like the new account to be in my name. We share the house, and have the same surname.

Do account holder names get shared in the switching process, meaning there is likely to be an issue? Or can I go ahead with the switch without changing the name on the BGT account?

Thanks.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure