191011121315»

Comments

• Red-Squirrel_2
    Red-Squirrel_2 Posts: 4,341 Forumite
    edited 23 November 2017 at 10:09PM
    Options
    Kirstie_ wrote: »
    I'm sorry for crying.

Why are you apologising to strangers on the internet? We aren't telling you off like a child, we aren't expecting an apology (because you haven't done anything to us!) we are just advising you that crying at work over an IT issue is unprofessional and will not help you in your work life.

How old are you?
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,909 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Kirstie, this is an anonymous Internet forum made up of random strangers. Some people will have good advice, others will be voicing opinions whether you want them or not, and some advice may be appalling.
    The point is you don't know any of us, you're never going to meet us, so don't take anything too personally or too much to heart. Take what's useful, keep an open mind. and park the rest to one side. But don't let it upset you, we're really not worth it. :)
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • ViolaLass
    ViolaLass Posts: 5,764 Forumite
    Options
    Kirstie, you seem to have a strong tendency to worry, have you sought any help with that?

For example, if I had been at an important event for work and the IT failed and my own IT department told me it wasn't a priority to fix it, I would have just reported that to my superior and then worried no more about it. It wasn't your fault, was it?

I've also noticed you repeat yourself several times - do you tend to dwell on things? You can get help with that too. Talk to your GP.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    There are mothers in the world who purposely bring their children up to be like this - because they'll need them forever and they have someone to control. The OP sounds like she can't stand on her own 2 feet because she's never been taught or allowed.
  • Kirstie_
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback people.

My mum hasn't rang since I didn't bow down to her demands. The trade show is going well albeit a small incident with something I ate but all good otherwise
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure