🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Not allowed on hen/stag parties.

Options

Comments

• skint_chick
    Options
    I have no issue with my husband going on stags and I wouldn't expect him to have an issue with me going on hens/away with my friends/out at weekends without him. If you trust someone then why couldn't they be drunk around other people without cheating? Even if you went to a strip club it's only looking at naked people, you can't touch, and there's naked people on TV/internet and no-one says you can't watch TV or I will leave.

If she doesn't trust you then what's to say you're not up to no good on your lunch break at work, why would you need to go on a stag? As long as you're not borrowing money to go or having a fake sickie from work then you should go. If she doesn't trust you nothing you can say or do will fix it, it will only get worse.

Also don't be agreeing to call her every 20minutes etc - a text to let her know you got there safe, are having a good time, what time you'll be home etc is fine if you're happy with it. Can't stand people who think it's OK to constantly bother their partner when they're on a night out with their friends
    "I cannot make my days longer so I strive to make them better." Paul Theroux
  • theEnd
    theEnd Posts: 851 Forumite
    Options
    Run. Don't look back.
  • ognum
    ognum Posts: 4,855 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    OP, sit down with your partner and ask WHY. Until you know the reasoning and he has listened to you then you won't know what your decision is.
  • Gloomendoom
    Gloomendoom Posts: 16,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I would say that we haven't got enough information from the OP to make a judgement. There are many other reasons, apart from jealousy or a controlling nature, why their other half may object to them attending the stag party.
  • mark5
    mark5 Posts: 1,363 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If it's a close friend, there are no children in your relationship and the stag party is not expensive I would say go no matter what your partner says.

If there are children involved I think more than 1 night can sometimes be asking a lot of the partner left behind. (Not always)

If it's abroad it comes down to costs involved and if it has a knock on effect for the partner financially.
  • balletshoes
    balletshoes Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    edited 15 October 2017 at 8:24PM
    Options
    frannyj543 wrote: »
    How would you deal with partner who doesnt want you going on a hen/stag party of a close friend?

What if they said if you choose to go we are over?

Anyone any experience faces with this ultimatum and what did you do?

if I wanted to go to my close friend's hen/stag party, I would go. I wouldn't stop my OH doing that, so he is in no position to try to stop me. To be honest, in this particular scenario I'm struggling to see how anyone could come up with a really good reason for embargoing attendance at a stag/hen do, if its not financial (ie you'd be dipping into family funds earmarked for something else).
  • iammumtoone
    iammumtoone Posts: 6,377 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    To be honest, in this particular scenario I'm struggling to see how anyone could come up with a really good reason for embargoing attendance at a stag/hen do

Me too even if it is financial or the partner left behind would struggle with the child(ren). The reasonable way to go about this would be to explain why they didn't want the person to go and come to an agreement/compromise together, not impose an ultimatum.
  • NeilCr
    NeilCr Posts: 4,430 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I would say that we haven't got enough information from the OP to make a judgement. There are many other reasons, apart from jealousy or a controlling nature, why their other half may object to them attending the stag party.

This

The obvious answer is that I would go (as would my partner in the same situation) but until we know why then no-one can really respond.

If my partner was going on a £5k hen do and we only had £20 in the bank I may have some concerns!
  • iammumtoone
    iammumtoone Posts: 6,377 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    NeilCr wrote: »
    If my partner was going on a £5k hen do and we only had £20 in the bank I may have some concerns!

And they would be valid concerns but would your reaction be to issue an ultimatum to say if they went that would be the end of the relationship or would you voice and explain your concerns getting your OH to understand the reasons behind you saying no.

Like balletshoes I can't image any situation where it is right to issue an ultimatum like that.
  • WibblyGirly
    Options
    My partner is just coming back from a stag do. He's only told me a bit of whats happened and its all kinda insane :eek: That said, I trust him, I would never ask him not to go on a stag do. I think this one has put him off attending others anyway :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 4 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport