Offer £250 to switch to Clydesdale, Yorkshire or B

Options

Comments

• alipops1986
    Options
    WhyohWhy wrote: »
    I have opened a current account plus but at no point has it offered the switch service. I've logged into my account as it is now open and it won't let me do it from there it just redirects to opening a new account. Has anyone else had this problem?

Yes I had to phone them and they sorted the Switch part over the phone.
  • tempus_fugit
    Options
    Yes I had to phone them and they sorted the Switch part over the phone.
    Me too. ( Message not long enough)
    Retired at age 56 after having "light bulb moment" due to reading MSE and its forums. Have been converted to the "budget to zero" concept and use YNAB for all monthly budgeting and long term goals.
  • Mchambers
    Mchambers Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    Options
    Me as well. Minimum Message length for posts is very silly.
  • Hmmm. Going by a fair few comments here, it does seem to that they need to get their systems in order. The online banking wasn't working at all, the other day, and the link has now disappeared.

It shouldn't be a problem as such. As in, if your money does go missing, you won't be without it permanently. But, if you don't have £1000 that you are willing to 'lose' for a bit then it may not be worth it.

I won't be putting £1000 in until the middle of next month. Hopefully things will have calmed down somewhat, by then.

I'd also not use this as my main daily account.
    Wilt wrote: »
    Something similar happened to me (but with a pound) - it turned up again yesterday.

I did find that logging in to the Yorkshire Bank online banking instead of B did show the money throughout, however - so can you see it in there?

Still doesn't show up in the app or the online banking webpage. Rang customer services and they still have no record of it coming in or going out. Pretty worrying when it was showing as in credit.
    They can keep the £250. Piece of mind that I'm not transferring my finances to these muppets is worth far more.
  • tempus_fugit
    Options
    I haven't had any issues with the app or the online system. Yesterday I moved £1 into the account and it appeared in both places. I also used the app to setup a new recipient in order to send the £1 back to the original account again. Everything worked flawlessly and I think it is way too early to dismiss them as a viable place to have your account.
    Retired at age 56 after having "light bulb moment" due to reading MSE and its forums. Have been converted to the "budget to zero" concept and use YNAB for all monthly budgeting and long term goals.
  • bigadaj
    bigadaj Posts: 11,531 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm not sure many people, on these boards at least, are proposing switching their main account, whatever that may be.
  • tempus_fugit
    Options
    Well that doesn't help me much.
  • youngretired
    Options
    Has anyone else had problems trying to order a security token from Clydesdale? Yorkshire works, but nothing happens when you click request a token in Clydesdale. They said that they are not aware of any problems. I have tried a number of computers and servers and always the same.
  • I haven't had any issues with the app or the online system. Yesterday I moved £1 into the account and it appeared in both places. I also used the app to setup a new recipient in order to send the £1 back to the original account again. Everything worked flawlessly and I think it is way too early to dismiss them as a viable place to have your account.

On the contrary. My currrent bank have confirmed that the money was paid into the Yorkshire bank account and given a reference number. The fact it showed in the account, then disappeared and YB are denying all knowledge of its existence is very worrying. Thank goodness it's only £10 and not a £1000 or more.
    I'm simply not prepared to trust a bank that simply shrug their shoulders when money goes missing from an account.
  • djpailo
    djpailo Posts: 550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    On the contrary. My currrent bank have confirmed that the money was paid into the Yorkshire bank account and given a reference number. The fact it showed in the account, then disappeared and YB are denying all knowledge of its existence is very worrying. Thank goodness it's only £10 and not a £1000 or more.
    I'm simply not prepared to trust a bank that simply shrug their shoulders when money goes missing from an account.

The cynic in me wants to believe that they haven't reopened applications for the online accounts to get as many people joining the app based account.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure