Offer £250 to switch to Clydesdale, Yorkshire or B

Options

Comments

• YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks for the confirmation!

Also, I've set up my DDs on my new B account as it's now open and funded. I didn't want to set them up on the sacrificial Coop account because they are so slow with everything and I doubt the DDs would be set up in time for the switch for them to be transferred over. :)
    You did last Thursday...
    I sacrificed an old Coop account that I hadn't bothered to close. Going to transfer two direct debits over to the Coop so they can be switched to the new account. Nice way to make £250
    ...which is what I based my original reply to your question on.
  • meer53
    meer53 Posts: 10,217 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just opened one online (chose the Yorkshire Bank option) and set up my switch, no issues. Downloaded the app and set up app and internet banking, took about 20 mins in total. Will move the 2 x £1000 in and out after the switch date and move 2 dd's in the next couple of days ready to pay out. Really simple and efficient process for me, similar to opening my Starling Account.
  • Ballard
    Ballard Posts: 2,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    This is admittedly being a bit picky considering the amount of cash on offer for a switch but I really don't like their choice of security questions. I've already forgotten the one that their system is now asking me. To be more accurate I've forgotten exactly how I typed it so it keeps getting rejected.
    I hate verisimilitude.
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Ballard wrote: »
    This is admittedly being a bit picky considering the amount of cash on offer for a switch but I really don't like their choice of security questions. I've already forgotten the one that their system is now asking me. To be more accurate I've forgotten exactly how I typed it so it keeps getting rejected.

I'm sure you are not blaming bank for your inability to record said details.
  • Ballard
    Options
    MABLE wrote: »
    I'm sure you are not blaming bank for your inability to record said details.

Quite clearly not and if you re-read my post it'll be clear.

To be fair to the bank it was fairly painless to reset everything and I'm now set up on the app too.

I called them to set up the switch only to discover that it's far easier to do it online. This may have been discussed at length on this thread already but just in case it hasn't from cbonline you need to select:

Current Account... Switching to us
    Compare all our accounts
    Select account type (e.g B)
    Retrieve your application.

From there you need to supply your details and it's pretty painless.
    I hate verisimilitude.
  • pfpf
    pfpf Posts: 4,947 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    7 thanks to the OP who made us aware of this offer long before MSE emails went out.

I know "thanks" don't achieve anything for the OP but even so, 7?
  • clivep
    clivep Posts: 577 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Compare all our accounts

Not necessarily that easy...

Wife & I applied for Yorkshire Bank a/cs Monday. Credit checking at end didn't happen and instead got the message saying letters with authorisation codes would be sent. Worked as above for my wife's application Wednesday night once we had the letters.

However, trying to retrieve my application kept giving errors. Numerous calls and various excuses later they finally managed to complete the application over the phone on Friday.
  • shazzablue
    Options
    Did anyone else get stuck on authorisation?
    I answered a few questions about when I last had a credit card and phone contract and then got hit with a screen saying

Sorry, but we couldn’t confirm all your details
    Just to be extra secure, we’ve sent a letter with an authorisation code to your home address. When you get it, you’ll be able to use the code to continue your application.
    Happened to my dd,letter appeared 2 days later to confirm details,all sorted....cant wait for the meltdown when the £250 starts getting paid out....or not!
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Quite clearly not and if you re-read my post it'll be clear.

To be fair to the bank it was fairly painless to reset everything and I'm now set up on the app too.

I called them to set up the switch only to discover that it's far easier to do it online. This may have been discussed at length on this thread already but just in case it hasn't from cbonline you need to select:

Compare all our accounts

Thanks for clarifying it was not the fault of Yorkshire Bank .
  • Ballard
    Options
    MABLE wrote: »
    Thanks for clarifying it was not the fault of Yorkshire Bank .

I wasn’t aware that it needed clarifying being as I hadn’t blamed them.
    I hate verisimilitude.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport