Offer £250 to switch to Clydesdale, Yorkshire or B

Options

Comments

• tightasagnats
    Options
    Does anyone know, do you have to do the 7 day switching service to qualify or can you do the transfer switch so old account doesn't close?

Thanks.
  • Hasbeen
    Hasbeen Posts: 4,404 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Tried to get one for the wife, process is okay UNTIL I get to username. Doesn't matter what I put in it says "that name has already been taken, choose another". Like I said, doesn't matter what I put in, gives me the same message as soon as I put in the sixth letter/number. Crafty.

Was thinking about doing same. Does deleting cookies etc not help?
    The world is not ruined by the wickedness of the wicked, but by the weakness of the good. Napoleon
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,495 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Does anyone know, do you have to do the 7 day switching service to qualify or can you do the transfer switch so old account doesn't close?
    Offer Ts & Cs state:
    The switch must be completed using the Current Account Switch Service*, which involves the transfer of all active credit and debits from the account you hold with another bank or building society, and the completion of an account closure instruction for that account
  • Hi,

I have 2 current accounts with Halifax and a credit card. One of the current accounts is dormant, would I be able to just switch the dormant account?

I am a little concerned with T&C's of this offer, where it says I have to close all accounts and credit cards with my previous bank.
  • tempus_fugit
    tempus_fugit Posts: 1,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 28 October 2017 at 12:46PM
    Options
    Hi,

I have 2 current accounts with Halifax and a credit card. One of the current accounts is dormant, would I be able to just switch the dormant account?

I am a little concerned with T&C's of this offer, where it says I have to close all accounts and credit cards with my previous bank.
    If you look at the post just before yours you will see that it's only all debits and credits in relation to that account, ie the one that you are switching, that have to be transferred, not everything you have with that bank.
    The switch must be completed using the Current Account Switch Service*, which involves the transfer of all active credit and debits from the account you hold with another bank or building society, and the completion of an account closure instruction for that account
    Retired at age 56 after having "light bulb moment" due to reading MSE and its forums. Have been converted to the "budget to zero" concept and use YNAB for all monthly budgeting and long term goals.
  • LuSiVe
    LuSiVe Posts: 1,059 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Name Dropper
    Options

I'm really sure it doesn't say that at all.

https://www.youandb.co.uk/resources/e6ff10a6-1b40-4e44-82bb-c58130a1a538/149904_250_Cashback_DU250TCS.pdf
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The_Boss wrote: »
    Just a thought...in future when switching from B to the next bank offering a nice big incentives I assume it will not transfer my savings account with it and will only switch/close the B current account?

(not that I'm particularly fussed about the savings account....)
    It's called the "Current Account Switch Service", not the "Savings Account Switch Service" or the "Entire Banking Relationship Switch Service". :)
  • Hasbeen
    Hasbeen Posts: 4,404 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 28 October 2017 at 1:10PM
    Options
    Tried to get one for the wife, process is okay UNTIL I get to username. Doesn't matter what I put in it says "that name has already been taken, choose another". Like I said, doesn't matter what I put in, gives me the same message as soon as I put in the sixth letter/number. Crafty.

Deleted cookie's, just in case and had no problems opening the 2nd account with B for wife.
    The world is not ruined by the wickedness of the wicked, but by the weakness of the good. Napoleon
  • datlex
    datlex Posts: 2,239 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Got to take ID into branch to finalise my application. Thankfully they have a branch in town here. So will be able to do so next week. Then I can set up my switch.
    Paid off the last of my unsecured debts in 2016. Then saved up and bought a property. Current aim is to pay off my mortgage as early as possible. Currently over paying every month. Mortgage due to be paid off in 2036 hoping to get it paid off much earlier. Set up my own bespoke spreadsheet to manage my money.
  • Midlifecrisis_2
    Options
    Word of warning. I opened a B current and savings account on line yesterday. All seemed to go well. Once I had confirmation the account was active, I transferred £10 into the account. This immediately showed up when checking the (woeful) app and online banking.
    I checked this morning and the account is now showing nil/zero. I tried ringing the B telephone number and that just cuts off. After 45 minutes I got through to someone at Yorkshire bank and they have no record of the £10 ever coming in or going out. (My Natwest account clearly shows the transfer)
    I'm simply not prepared to risk transferring thousands of pounds with this bank. NatWest might not pay interest, but their mobile app works superbly and I've never had any money 'disappear'.
    It's just not worth gaining £250 with the risk of much more disappearing.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure