Credit Card Reclaiming Discussion

Options

Comments

• sondj
    sondj Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    Hi All

I am in the process of reclaiming but I heard Martin talk on the radio 2 show a few weks ago about being able to charge a financial institution £10 per hour if a complaint is issued and they were dragging there feet so to speak. I wrote to the F O S but they say they dont know anything, how can I contact Martin to ask him this or does anyone in the forum know anything.

Thanks dj
  • barloo69
    barloo69 Posts: 372 Forumite
    Options
    mmmm if I may pick some brains. Not encountered this scenario myself.......

Sent my letter off to Barclaycard for list of charges and gave them 40 days to comply. Well 40 days have now expired and no response from Barclaycard.

Do I just now jump in and report them to the IC or should I give them a 2nd request letter with further time. I know they received the first because they have banked the £10.

Now I am aware that my account is in arrears and in the hands of a DCA. Would this have an impact on their non response ?

I had a brief look at the IC website and quite frankly could not find where I would in fact lodge a complaint anyway ?

Has anybody else reported to the IC. What happens when you do ?
    If you see a penny, pick it up, all day long you'll have good luck !!!!!! :D
  • beemamad
    beemamad Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    barloo69 wrote: »

Sent my letter off to Barclaycard for list of charges and gave them 40 days to comply. Well 40 days have now expired and no response from Barclaycard.

Do I just now jump in and report them to the IC or should I give them a 2nd request letter with further time. I know they received the first because they have banked the £10.
    Sorry for the hijacking of this question but I have just encountered the same with Capital One. They have banked the £10 cheque and I have yet to receive anything from them. Help please !!!
  • natweststaffmember
    Options
    beemamad wrote: »
    Sorry for the hijacking of this question but I have just encountered the same with Capital One. They have banked the £10 cheque and I have yet to receive anything from them. Help please !!!
    How long has it been since they cashed the cheque?
    I have not worked for NatWest Bank since February 2009

This username is no longer active.
  • natweststaffmember
    Options
    barloo69 wrote: »

Now I am aware that my account is in arrears and in the hands of a DCA. Would this have an impact on their non response ?

I had a brief look at the IC website and quite frankly could not find where I would in fact lodge a complaint anyway ?

Has anybody else reported to the IC. What happens when you do ?

http://www.ico.gov.uk/complaints.aspx
    Complaints to the ICO. Personally I would make a phone call to Barclaycard, tell them that you sent a subject access request, that barclaycard cashed the cheque on x date yet have not sent the information. Ask them if they have sent it, and more importantly, where they sent it.

• natweststaffmember
    Options
    Stevev99 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I remember sending RBS an intial request for details of charges applied across 6 years about 1 year ago and was put off by their reply where they sent me a copy of my online application showing I'd ticked the box where it says insurance.

It all totalled about £1000 I remember, should I still pursue or have I no chance because of that tick in the box on the online form?
    Are you talking about PPI or credit card charges?

• beemamad
    beemamad Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    How long has it been since they cashed the cheque?
    It was cashed on the 19th May. I believe it was sent a week before roughly. The 40 day response is due by tomorrow.
  • DemonCleaner
    Options
    Hi,

I'm about to sent a letter (using the template) to Barclaycard requesting a list of the charges made, but I'm confused as to what to put as my account number.

Over the years I have had 4 cards from barclaycard. My first was a student visa. They then gave me a gold visa (without asking). I have since lost this twice and was given a replacement each time (with a new number). I was recently told that my student Visa had been cancelled, but it still seems to be active on my online account - it just has a £0 limit. So I technically have 2 active cards. Which account number/s should I use? Should I send a request seperately for each of these? They all have the same sort code.

Sorry for the probably silly question.

Thankyou
  • Stevev99
    Stevev99 Posts: 170 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Are you talking about PPI or credit card charges?

Hi, it must have been PPI since they said I'd ticked a box on the online application?
  • alams
    alams Posts: 27 Forumite
    Options
    alams wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Ive recently put a claim to capita onle for a refund of the charges. Over the last six year period it equates to just over £1100. My card has only ever had a credit limit of £200 and although I do understand that I should have maintained the card correctly, I still think the credit companies do have some liabilty in overlooking the usage. I wrote to them, demanding a refund of the full amount with interest (roughly £1500), they wrote back offering me £331, which is basically refunding me the £8 of each charge and keeping the other £12 in line with the recent test case (each charge was £20).

I wrote back rejecting their offer stating my reasons, they have sine wrote back to me re affirming their original offer of £331. I would like to put a complaint through to the FSO, on the basis that my card only has a limit of £200, how can they justify charges to such a card, upto nearly 500% of the value?? :confused:

Does anyone think It is worth a try?? I am angry that they were allowed to take advantage of me without taking any form of liability.

Regards

UPDATE

Capital One only offered a refund of £300, i wrote and rejected and stated i wanted the full amount plus interest. They wrote back and said they will not do this. I then wrote to the FOS who took on my claim and managed to claim £1100!!

Good job!! Thanks for all the help!!

£1400 from barclays!!!:j
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport