Credit Card Reclaiming Discussion

Options

Comments

• xxisabellexx
    xxisabellexx Posts: 310 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Stevev99 wrote: »
    Hi, it must have been PPI since they said I'd ticked a box on the online application?

Sorry I'm a bit confused, if it's PPI youre trying to reclaim, you would be better off asking on the PPI discussion thread rather than this one. There's some real pros over there who'll be able to help you. Although, I would just ask why are you sending off for a list of charges for PPI? Its best to follow Martin's guide and use the template letters from there. And ignore what they say about ticking a box, as the guide says; its just a tactic to stop you from continuing. If you think you were missold then send the next letter!
    HTH x
    Reclaiming for family and friends. Won 4/13 so far
    HSBC CC - £263.25, Halifax CC - £179.45, HFC PPI - £589.00, HSBC PPI - £498.86, Lloyds PPI 1 - £400
  • moneymouth77
    moneymouth77 Posts: 225 Forumite
    Options
    Just having a quick scan through the forum, I was going to say the same thing: use the templates! They're so useful, and recognised as being from people who are looking into this properly and will not be easy to fool! Good luck to everyone having a go!
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • davemchol
    davemchol Posts: 44 Forumite
    Options
    hi just rang the Halifax about my credit card charges. I sent a letter asking for my charges back over the last six years. However the lady on the phone says that thr reclaimg is on hold and there awaiting a decision by the courts. Is this true? the letter was sent on the 19th May but have had no reply Help?
  • Orford
    Orford Posts: 2,199 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    davemchol wrote: »
    However the lady on the phone says that thr reclaimg is on hold and there awaiting a decision by the courts. Is this true? Yes,House of Lords appeal is due to start 23 June
    the letter was sent on the 19th May but have had no reply Help?
    Which letter? A DPA Subject Access Request to find out what charges you've incurred. If so, they are allowed 40 calendar days to respond.
  • davemchol
    Options
    No a letter asking for my charges back. Already had money back from CapitalOne
  • natweststaffmember
    Options
    davemchol wrote: »
    hi just rang the Halifax about my credit card charges. I sent a letter asking for my charges back over the last six years. However the lady on the phone says that thr reclaimg is on hold and there awaiting a decision by the courts. Is this true? the letter was sent on the 19th May but have had no reply Help?
    We are talking CREDIT card charges aren't we or is it BANK charges?
    I have not worked for NatWest Bank since February 2009

This username is no longer active.
  • Orford
    Options
    We are talking CREDIT card charges aren't we or is it BANK charges?
    Oops, sorry, missed that. :o Credit card charges claims are not subject to the Oft test case, FSA waiver or court stays on claims.
  • davemchol
    Options
    so why did I get that response from them?
  • Orford
    Options
    One of two reasons, I should imagine:
    a) She mistakenly thought it was a bank charges claim
    b) She was lying
  • barloo69
    barloo69 Posts: 372 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,

I'm about to sent a letter (using the template) to Barclaycard requesting a list of the charges made, but I'm confused as to what to put as my account number.

Over the years I have had 4 cards from barclaycard. My first was a student visa. They then gave me a gold visa (without asking). I have since lost this twice and was given a replacement each time (with a new number). I was recently told that my student Visa had been cancelled, but it still seems to be active on my online account - it just has a £0 limit. So I technically have 2 active cards. Which account number/s should I use? Should I send a request seperately for each of these? They all have the same sort code.

Sorry for the probably silly question.

Thankyou

List both set of numbers on your letters and amend the wording so as you are reclaiming on BOTH accounts. I think they may of just updated your account but nevertheless you may have charges relating when the account was the basic student one.

Anyways, doesnt hurt. Go get em........

Good luck.
    If you see a penny, pick it up, all day long you'll have good luck !!!!!! :D
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback