We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Credit Card Reclaiming Success Stories

Options

Comments

• pip10
    pip10 Posts: 137 Forumite
    Options
    More Success!!

Provider: BARCLAYCARD
    Amount Reclaimed: £498.27 including interest
    Amount they paid: £432

The story:
    Sent the first letter 26/03/08 - requesting refund.
    Received letter 9/4/08 - offering me goodwill £172.80
    Sent the second letter 10/4/08 - Saying i will accept as part payment but want the rest.
    Received response dated 24/4/08 offering me a further £259.20 as a goodwill gesture.

So again only took two letters. Didn't quite get the full amount but its good enough!
  • hotblu
    hotblu Posts: 293 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Provider: Argos Card Services
    Amount Reclaimed: £294.79 including interest and MCOL fee

Amount they paid: £294.79
    The story:

Followed the step by step process and it took about 6 weeks. They said their final offer was £100.00, took the MCOL route and they sent a cheque within the week.
    Thank you so much Martin.
    Bring on Capital One.
  • Melgirl
    Melgirl Posts: 952 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have claimed from
    Capital One x 2 - £130 + £240
    Vanquis - £108
    and
    Monument - Claiming £800 through FO.

I would never have claimed (or got) any of this money back if it wasn't for the people who post on these boards so thank you all.

Melgirl
    VSP Challenge 2010 No 19 - £416.09 , 2011 No15 - £497.17, 2012 No9 - £146.52. 2013 No5 - £113.92
    SPC4 No1066 - £948.95,
    SPC5 No1066 - £659.49 (2 stone 13lbs)
    SPC6 No1066 - Pot 1 - 3.03b. Pot 2 - 3.05lb Pot 3 - 3.0lb
  • scabbers
    scabbers Posts: 29 Forumite
    Options
    I just got back £351 in charges from Capital One. I never want another credit card!
  • pt-m
    pt-m Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Halifax Credit Card - An Easy £208!
    Used the letters off this site. Sent the 1st asking for charge information, which I recieved in 14days! Sent another asking for a payment minus the interest. I this got an offer of £208 which was the difference of the charges to the new rate. Accepted. Money credited to my Credit Card Account, and down to the pub! Cheers Martin!
    :beer:
  • dazzaofdagenham
    Options
    Provider Barclaycard
    Amount Reclaimed £212.11
    Amount they Paid £212.11

Took about six weeks for them to do it though...Didn't think i would get the money has they were always on the defensive...

Thanks to all on this site....Off for a beer

Darren
  • volfram
    volfram Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    Way back in Oct 07 sent my first (template) letter requesting £689.68 charges + interst
    16th Nov 07 letter back offer of £146 (£136 charges+£10 interest)
    21st Nov 2nd letter sent asked for £400
    27th Nov letter back final responce £146 No more
    Noticed that they had paid £146 into account
    19th Jan 08 3rd letter sent without prejudice accept offer but requested full payment
    25th Jan letter back. No
    By this time I had already filled in and sent complaint form to FOS 14th Jan
    28th Mar they saying No . FOS asked them to revise there offer or they investigate further
    3rd April Cap One say I had signed acceptance form agreeing to offer of £146!!!
    Told FOS want to see this acceptance form
    25th April letter from FOS. surprise surprise Cap One have confirmed that did not accept the offer.Again under threat from the Ombudsman for a formal investigation they have made another offer £698.68 in addition to the £146.
    DO NOT GIVE IN. COPY AND KEEP ALL CORRESPONDENCE. AND IF YOU ACCEPT ANYTHING USE "WITHOUT PREJUDICE":j :j :j :rotfl:
  • dellskoi
    dellskoi Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    Just a quick note to let you know that I've succeeded in reclaiming £1420 from the CC companies and now waiting for Bank Charges totalling £5770. Here's hoping.
  • lilac_lee_2
    Options
    I phoned the FOS on Thursday and put a complaint in regarding charges applied to my Barclay card, recieved a letter from Barclaycard today to say that they have looked at my account and as a gesture of goodwill they will refund to my card £864 includes 8% interest. I can't believe how easy that was, in less than a week my credit card has been paid off. I don't know if this is the correct amount as i have never requested my statements and this is the amount that they came back with!! But i am happy with the result. Now waiting on Halifax and RBOS credit cards.
  • netty_sland
    Options
    Provider: MBNA
    Amount Reclaimed:£1558.73
    Amount they paid:£530(SO FAR)
    The story:

1) WROTE ON 6TH FEB FOR LIST OF CHARGES + SENT £10 FEE
    2)RECEIVED LIST 3RD MAR + RETURNED £10 FEE
    3) SENT 2ND LETTER 5TH MAR REQUESTING REPAY ALL CHARGES £1,248 (WITHOUT INT FOR NOW) 14 DAYS TO REPLY
    4)REPLY 14TH MAR INVESTIGATING COMPLAINT WILL PROVIDE FULL RESPONSE BY 6TH APR.
    5) REPLY 3RD APR CHARGES LAWFUL BLAH BLAH! OFFERED GOODWILL GESTURE £530 (REDUCED FEE LEVEL) IF I DO NOT RESPOND WITHIN 8 WEEKS WILL ASSUME MATTER CLOSED(AS IF).
    6)SENT 3RD LETTER 11TH APR, ACCEPT £530 AS PART PAYMENT BUT WANT THE REST, NOW WITH INTEREST.(WELL THEY DID PUSH ME). NO REPLY AS YET 14 DAYS JUST OVER, WILL GIVE A FEW MORE DAYS, THEN GO TO FOS.
    WILL KEEP YOU ALL UPDATED WITH MY QUEST AND THANKYOU TO EVERYONE WHO POSTS ON HERE AS I WOULDN'T HAVE DONE IT WITHOUT YOU ALL. PS I SENT ALL MY LETTERS BY RECORDED DELIVERY SO THEY COULDNT COME BACK WITH ' NOT RECEIVED'.
    PS. I OPENED THIS ACCOUNT IN 2000, ITS BEEN INACTIVE SINCE 2002. WITH A £1000 LIMIT. MY APRIL STATEMENT SAYS BALANCE IS £1,248.27 THIS IS WHY I AM GOING ALL THE WAY. UPDATE;6TH MAY 2008 £530 CREDITED TO MY ACCOUNT,ALTHOUGH STILL NO REPLY TO MY 11TH APRIL LETTER, GOING TO THE FOS NOW.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure