Credit Card Reclaiming Success Stories

Options

Comments

• lkava5
    lkava5 Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    Provider: Capital One
    Amount Reclaimed: £1406.00 (Including Interest and Court Fess)
    Amount they paid: £1406.00
    The story:ff
    <O:p
    Started the process end of Feb 08. Got the usual fob off, started MCOL 19 March 08. This was acknowledged by Capital One and they said they were going to defend the claim. Got a letter yesterday saying they don't want to go to court and they are going to send me a cheque for full payment.
    <O:p</O:p
    <O:p</O:p
    So Happy!!!

• debbie_debt
    Options
    Company - MBNA Virgin Credit Card
    Amount claimed - £182 + interest = £199.63
    Amount pain - £207 (I've no idea why!!)
    Story -

31.1.08 wrote asking for details of charges
    21.2.08 standard letter off this site asking for them to be refunded
    10.3.08 Reply from virgin offing £26 full and final settlement, which I replied to with the standard letter
    Filed for court 3.4.08 after a couple more letters off virgin basicallly telling me not to waste the courts valuable time blah blah

Just come home to a letter saying its been refunded to my account. Chesked and shocked to see it actually in there, woo hoo!!!!!!! Just waiting for the Citi Card court case now....
    HIGHEST DEBT £63,300 LBM 27/5/2020 DEBT FREE DATE 31.08.2022
  • taximanherts
    Options
    I defaulted on a credit card and the debt has been sold to an outside collecting agency, these people keep adding interest . Does anyone know if they are allowed to do this (is it legal because i have signed no credit agreement with these people) .:confused:
  • silverprincess
    Options
    Hi, This is my first post. I got the letter yesterday and was so pleased I decided to join the Forum!

Provider:
    Barclaycard
    Amount Reclaimed: £305 (total of all charges)
    Amount they paid: £105 (total of difference between £12 fee and all charges)
    The story: followed the advice and the steps on the guide and wrote the letter about 2 weeks ago, it was really simple. They wrote back to me claiming the legal arguement was flawed, but will pay the difference "as a goodwill gesture". This is an outcome I am happy with as I can now close my account forever!! yay!
  • peever
    Options
    Sucessfully claimed back £400.27 pounds for marbles. three letters and they finanally paid up.
  • money_grabber
    Options
    Hi, i am new to this, but thanks to this site i have successfully reclaimed credit card charges on behalf of my husband, just one problem Lloyds want to pay it into his current account which is in overdraft because of charges they have added!!! Is there any way of getting them to pay by cheque without them withdrawing their offer of refund? also have same on loan PPI they want to pay into current account. sorry to go on so much! P.S he no longer has a card for account as was not sent a new one.
  • Flutterbyuk
    Options
    Provider: Capital One
    Amount Reclaimed: £474

Amount they paid: £570
    The story:

Sent all template letters to Capital One, got the normal responses, they gave me the difference between charges first a total of £96, i declined. It went all the way to me filing with mcol, they sent a letter saying they would be defending the claim, then 2 weeks later they paid £200 onto my card and cleared the balance and sent me a cheque for £270, so all in all they paid me £96 more than they should have!!!!!

Thanks to all the moneysavers, and especialy Martin & the team. Without you i would be £££££££'s worse off!:j :j
  • pip10
    pip10 Posts: 137 Forumite
    Options
    Success!!

Provider: MBNA
    Amount Reclaimed: £1019.12 including interest
    Amount they paid: £1019.12

The story:
    Sent the first letter 19/02/08 - requesting refund.
    Received letter 28/2/08 - acknowledging my letter saying they will provide full reponse by 23/3/08
    Received reponse dated 13/3/08 offering me goodwill gesture of £429 (received the cheque about 2 days later)
    Sent the second letter 18/3/08 - Saying i will accept as part payment but want the rest.
    Received response dated 14/4/08 today (23/4/08) offering me a further goodwill gesture of £590.12

So all in all took me 2 letters to get it all back! I was just about to do the MCOL but waited as MBNA seem to have a policy where they reply within 28 days of receiving your letter. Just awaiting the second cheque now!
  • blusinger
    Options
    Yesterday I recieved a 2nd letter form Barcalycard after I followed the step by step guide from Martin to fight until I got what I wanted!

I initially got my statements sent to me (at a cost of £10 I might add) and once I'd worked out what had been charged and the interest on top I went in for the kill and asked for the full £290 (all charges for past 8 years plus interest even though this account was paid in full and had been closed for the last 2 years).

I recieved a letter saying I could have £75 plus 8% interest on top (oooh a whole £6 - THANKS!!!) I didn't reply instantly and so they took it upon themselves to credit my 'closed' account with £81 and probably thought I'd accept it and toodle pip off. At NO time did I accept the offer of £81, they were trying their luck!

I continued to do as Martin advised and I sent the 2nd template letter and asked for the FULL amount AGAIN.

I got another letter from them yesterday saying they would 'as a goodwill gesture' credit my already refunded balance of £81 with a further £168.

I won back £249 of MY stolen money and I feel great.

Now lets hope I get the money I've asked Natwest bank for, my claim has been on hold...

Good luck to all, it IS worth doing!

Blu
  • Shazand
    Shazand Posts: 60 Forumite
    Options
    Provider: Lloyds TSB trustcard
    Amount Reclaimed: £194.40
    Amount they paid:£194.40

The story: Asked for copy of statements with £10 chq, they took a few weeks to come :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Sent 1st letter asking for full amount including charges !!
    Received typical letter stating they were lawful and no offer.
    Sent 2nd letter and gave them 14 days to respond.
    No response so decided to go to Financial Ombudsman, who were fantastic ! They advised that they had written to Lloyds and I had to give them 8 weeks to wait for Lloyds feedback.
    Today received letter advising Lloyds were crediting my account with the full amount.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Thanks Martin for all your advise and giving me the confidence to stick to my guns !!!
    Lightbulb moment: 19 May 2008 !!
    Total debt May 2008: £24,220 Debt free date: Jul 2013
    DMP Mutual Support Thread Member No 196
    Proud to be dealing with our debts
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills