What should I do now?

Options
Oct 19th 2006 - I bought a 02 peaugeot 807.
Oct 27th 2006 - The car began juddering and I got a message saying - Unblock diesel filter. I took it back to garage, but the couldn't find a fault.
Jan 2007 - March 2007 - April 2007 - July 2007 the car was returned again where they had the car for a week to run it and see the problem. They have tried various things and the car seemed ok until 2 weeks ago, when it began kangarooing and saying Unblock Diesel Filter again.

They have collected the car again this morning, and I am not happy. The extended warrenty is up on 19th Oct, and I am concerned that the car will be returned back to me this week, I am going away on holiday on 18th oct, so when I return, the car will be out of warrenty. Should this problem occur again, I think they will say 'tough luck, it's not our problem now'.

The problem is that it seems as if pertol isn't getting through properly, so the car hesitates, then rights itself. this happens with 80% of all journeys.

I love the car itself, but I'm very unhappy about it's performance, and the garage know this.

What do you suggest I do/say to them?

MANY thanks,

Sally

Comments

• custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    have they changed the filter?
    is this a non pug dealer? is the filter message flashing on the dash or are they reading fault codes?
  • Yorkshire-Lady_3
    Options
    It's a peugeot dealer. They put a new filter in the first time it happened. (So I'm told) The car bleeps and the message flashes up on screen while the car is juddering. It's also saying Tyres Punctured, but they aren't!

Thanks for taking the time to reply, it's much appreciated.

Sally
  • jrob_3
    jrob_3 Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    The car began juddering and I got a message saying - Unblock diesel filter.
    The problem is that it seems as if pertol isn't getting through properly

Just checking that you are using diesel and not petrol?
  • Yorkshire-Lady_3
    Options
    It's a diesel car, and I have never put petrol in!

When it first happened, I did wonder if at some point in it's life, someone had put the wrong fuel in.
  • harveybobbles
    harveybobbles Posts: 8,973 Forumite
    Options
    Have the deisel filter replacerd and make sure that the "fuel additive" is topped up. Normally requires about one litre and half hours labour to do. ANY peugeot garage will know about this.

Its called the Particulate Filter. Or FAP for short.

Peugeot use this system to get the emissions lower on the car, so it gets into a lower road tax bracket...
  • harveybobbles
    Options
    Every time you fuel up, some of the additive is put into the fuel. If you do short journies you will clog the filter up sooner. Every now and then give the car a good hard thrashing down tghe motorway in 3rd or 4th gear.

type "peugeot FAP filter" into google.
  • harveybobbles
    Options
    Oh, and as for the tyres being punctured - that is just one of the pressure sensors on the tyre valve that has come off/broke/split. Nowt to worry about. Ask the Pug dealer to deactivate the tyre sensors.
  • Yorkshire-Lady_3
    Options
    Thanks for your advice.

Sally x
  • harveybobbles
    Options
    Though I forgot to ask - how old is the car? do you know if in its previous ownership the FAP filter has been changed? Reason I ask is we had a Pug HDi today at work with the same fault, but I traced it to the pressure switch behind the battery that was giving a false reading to the cars ECU, thus putting the warning message up. It got water in it - a common fault I found out.
  • Inactive
    Inactive Posts: 14,509 Forumite
    Options
    Though I forgot to ask - how old is the car? .

The clue is in the first post... ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport