PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Weekly Flylady Thread 14th August 2017

Options

Comments

• Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,097 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 16 August 2017 at 1:21PM
    Options
    Plaannsssss are progressing fabulously thanks Ionafan. Things are being moved about which, if I ask OH, results in an argument but if I just do it he whinges a bit and then gets on with it. I now need to loo roll holder. It's taken me over 20 years to figure out where the loo roll holder should be fixed. I aim to break out a screwdriver once I've bought one. There will be whinging but tough - it being freerange for 20 years has caused irritation all round. However, on the downside, Linda McCartney veggie sausages are fine for me but I can't see OH adapting his carnivorous tendencies.

Excellent progress with Rosie, by the way. Kelpie still won't even come to call in the garden!

Not sure about the Hell's Bells list Valli; it's so disheartening I might just carry on ignoring it for another year or three. No need to rush these things.

Kelpie's been to hyrotherapy, I've been to Sainsbobs and stocked up on soda crystals, which, by the way all Flyladies might want to consider doing in preparation for next week, ;) half a bag per drain. The shower blocked again this week and had to be suckered into submission. I read somewhere that although the combination of bicarb and vinegar looks dramatic it doesn't really do much to degunge problem drains which is disappointing, but soda crystals do actually work - and it's a cheaper.

Ground floor carpets dysoned. My goodness it makes a difference if you've got a moulting black dog, fawn coloured carpets and a bit of a sewing habit. Kitchen tidied.
    Better is good enough.
  • roundtuit
    roundtuit Posts: 4,113 Forumite
    Options
    I realised after 15 minutes at the shredding machine that I was actually procrastinating and avoiding the MAD 15 minutes in my bedroom as I didn't know where to start. Adopting the 'it doesn't matter where you start as long as you make a start' approach I went upstairs, looked at the clock and ta dah :T a MAD 25 minutes later the pile of clean clothes that has been living on top of the chest of drawers has been folded Marikon / Konmari (can't remember which it is :o ) style and put in said chest of drawers where they belong. Drawers were mostly empty :o.Found a t shirt which I'd forgotten I had at the bottom of the pile :D

and the 'to be shredded' pile is smaller which is just a bonus really.

Thank you. Let his be the beginning of a new chapter chez Roundtuit.

Rx
    IT ONLY TAKES SMALL DAILY ACTIONS
    FOR MAGIC TO HAPPEN
    Rosemary Ikpeme
    :D
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Updated lists, just to try and keep me on track as much as possible..... :p:p

Monday Minging & Flinging - Kitchen (have decided not to do dining room! )
    Level One... - DONE
    Level Two..
    Sweep and mop floors
    Sort & clean hob
    Wipe kitchen table.. (clean table cloth if necessary) - DONE
    Level Three...
    Wipe & declutter all the windows sills in these areas!! - 1/2 done

Extras
    • freezer tidy & inventory
    • Empty the bin.. wash it out.. and make it smell SWEET

Tuesday Triumphs - Bathroom (and Study/Pc Area - am ignoring this for now)
    Level One...
    Clear floors of guff and stuff - DONE
    Level Two...
    Clean baths, toilets, don't forget the outside! and sinks. Make them sparkle, sparkle!!!! - DONE
    Level Three...
    Wipe down tiles in bathroom.. - DONE.
    Empty and clean out all the upstairs bins! - DONE
    Hoover/Sweep and mop and deslop the floors in these rooms. - DONE
    Collect all the dirty laundry - DONE

Extras!
    Wipe the skirtings, door and window frames in these rooms - DONE
    Empty the cupboard and clean it out.. - chest of drawers - DONE
    2 hours of ironing - DONE

Wednesday Thllliiing!- Master Bedroom & Landing
    Level One..
    Check fire alarms are working - DONE
    Remove and wash bed linen and duvet covers - DONE
    Fling open the window and let in the rain sunniness - DONE
    Level Two..
    Dust surfaces & make sure no cobwebs..
    Make bed with fresh linen.. - DONE
    Air the duvet - DONE
    15 minutes floordrobe clearance
    Level Three..
    Polish all mirrors and the tv :) - DONE
    Vacuum floors in bedroom and on landing
    Sort through a cupboard and find 10 things to get rid of! - went through jewellery box and got rid of 3 things
    Extras
    MAD half hour…. -must do ebay....
    Do half hour clearing of the place you hate doing the most.. - DONE - spent just under 1hr in DS3's room - got DS3 and DS1 to help me for mins. Got DS2 and DD to tackle DS2's room for 40 mins
    HHI - DONE

That's actually not as bad as I thought (although I am ignoring dining room and office :D) I am at work tomorrow, though - and am likely just to flop once I get back from there. Fri sees the dreaded school shoe shopping (and some uniform bits)...:eek:
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    roundtuit wrote: »
    Adopting the 'it doesn't matter where you start as long as you make a start' approach I went upstairs, looked at the clock and ta dah :T a MAD 25 minutes later the pile of clean clothes that has been living on top of the chest of drawers has been folded Marikon / Konmari (can't remember which it is :o ) style and put in said chest of drawers where they belong.
    Think of it as the "first eye of the Daruma Doll".
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daruma_doll
    This is something Mr LW is very fond of saying - apparently it was the "in" thing at the company he used to work for years ago.

I have defrosted and tidied the freezer (no longer do I have cherries residing in the same drawer as the meat substitutes) and completely rehashed the spreadsheet accordingly.

BM is on to make pizza dough as Mr LW has requested pizza dor dins tonight. Meal plan fro the next few days done - Cookie arrives tomorrow, and I have a GP appointment on Friday, so I need to do reasonably simple meals both those days.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,856 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 16 August 2017 at 3:18PM
    Options
    FYI Soda crystals are 60-something pence a bag in SAVERS.

they are excellent for cleaning LEGO bricks - hot water+soda crystals - swish and soak. Rinse well. Leave to dry - outside, spread on a towel if possible. Also good for cleaning unifix and multilink;) and any other grotty plastic!

Stuff flung to work. Have swapped Bramble Jelly for a dozen free range eggs WOOT
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    Himself finally surfaced at about 11am today. Bumbled around in the kitchen, which inexplicably looked like I hadn't touched it and he's actually swept the floor.

Then endured the trail round the charity shops (considering I wouldn't sleep in somebody else's sleeping bag if you paid me, I don't quite understand why we had to look in them for camping equipment :cool:) and then went to the camping shop and got a decent backpack - which, if he takes it without asking and trashes it, I shall murder him without hesitation - and a 3 season sleeping bag. He isn't taking that anywhere, ever.

After a few other shops to endure, I escaped and I'm now inhaling chicken salad.

I think half my problems are lack of proper food in proper quantities when Mr 'I don't do much so don't need to eat' is responsible for the catering. Yes, I know it won't hurt me to lose a couple of stone, but when I'm doing the conservation/farming/gardening/anything except sitting in front of the TV, I'm climbing the walls wanting protein and vegetables, rather than half of something in breadcrumbs dumped on a plate, followed by crisps and biscuits.

In any case, cup of tea, I'm going to pack and he is going to make the bed.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,881 Forumite
    Options
    Long drive done, red planes watched over the sea.
    Dinner sorted
    Kitchen sorted
    Breast Cancer Now 100 miles October 2022 100 / 100miles
    D- Day 80km June 2024 6.4/80km
    Sun, Sea
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    Argh. Went to the loo and came back to find him taking the backpack to pieces. Apparently, if I don't bother with the removable waterproof lining or top cover, I could fit more things into it. Yes, but they'd be soaking effing wet then, wouldn't they?

....and now he can't work out how to put them back.

Seeing as I've already had to stop him on the way home to loosen the straps as he'd made them far too tight (used it to carry the rest of the stuff home), I give it an hour before something is ripped.

I will kill him. I will.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,856 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sorry Jojo but I have laughed out loud.

Bank won't accept cheques written over six months ago (but less than a year). Sigh.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    T-shirts and base layers rolled and packed. Check.
    Undies rolled and packed. Check. Lucky I found the two bras that hadn't disintegrated in the wash over the last couple of months, as having underwires attempting open heart surgery is quite uncomfortable.
    Three different layers packed. Check.
    Three pairs of brand new (and hideously expensive) socks specifically designed and bought to be worn with my boots due to making sure they actually fit, fend off bitey bugs, are padded and double layered to avoid blisters. Oh, look, there is one and a half pairs on the clothes horse. And how nice, he's washed them on 60 to make sure they won't even go over my toes, having apparently already lost the one and a half pairs he decided to wear for twatting round the sodding house.

ETA: one half of the other pair has turned up under the bed. He didn't think of putting them in the wash. I never even got to try them on. Well, I would wear normal socks, but I don't appear to have any, other than trainer socks, which aren't suitable for wearing with boots.

He says there aren't any washing instructions on the now infant sized socks, more expensive per square millimetre than any other socks in the world. No, they were on the packaging. That you kindly took off and discarded before I'd even got in from chopping trees down.

One pair of jeans rolled and packed. Check.
    Second pair of jeans rolled and packed. Umm - how did they get that massive rip since putting them into the wash? They can't go in. No other jeans since they all turned into child sizes at the same time that all my overshirts and several jumpers did. The ones that weren't turned funny colours as well, anyway.

Sunglasses. Where are my sunglasses? Oh, they 'broke'. I hadn't worn them since buying them.

Headtorch. Ah, it switches on, but 'it's faulty' so won't switch off again.

Hmmm. He seems slightly disconcerted since I've disturbed him from his little nap on the sofa whilst moving around for what would generally be a peaceful, relaxed process, putting things in a bag.

That's strange. My contact lenses seem to be missing a few of the side that are the same as his prescription. Like three quarters of a packet.

He's looking a little stressed.

I wonder when he's going to make loads of food for the journey? Never mind, I've got hideously expensive bottles of gin and posh tonic water in the fridge that I was given as a present last month. I shall go and have myself a little ginny treat and regain my customary composure before resuming packing. [wanders off to fridge to get bottle out - looks at level of ginny goodness]

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills