PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 14th August 2017

Options

Comments

• rb6ac
    rb6ac Posts: 611 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone! Promise I've been following along for weeks now without missing a single day, but have been awful at posting. Huge thank you for the lists as always. I'm only managing Level 1 most days as 38 weeks pregnant but feeling good for keeping on top of things :D B x
  • Duckydo
    Duckydo Posts: 100 Forumite
    Options
    Just popping in to say I'm in this week. Spent yesterday going through our finances, and realised how much debt we are in. It's a truly shocking amount, and we've got an appointment with a mortgage advisor next week (standard appointment as our fixed rate term is up) where we'll need to provide the last 3 months bank statements. I'm so embarrassed to show someone the state of our finances, and feel sick just thinking about it.

On the plus side, I've got a nice clean kitchen. Did 3(!) loads of washing up, 1 wm load, cleared kitchen surfaces, dusted dining end of the kitchen, wiped appliances, wiped cupboard fronts, gave the cooker good a good scrub and swept and mopped the floor. Also drew out a to do list on our mini blackboard with luminescent pink post its for DH to do, measured and marked where new fence posts need to go and had a rather wet splashy bath with DD!

Will catch up on thread tomorrow x
  • lynnejk
    lynnejk Posts: 5,732 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Evening folks
    Valli wrote: »
    I'm going down the West Country to arr like a pirate and don't know if I'll have an internet connection.
    ooh - that sounds exciting - do you get a parrot and eye-patch as well ? :D

Have done the dailies
    Dusted all through, top to bottom, except LR
    Spanish lesson done

Monday Minging & Flinging - Kitchen and Dining Room
    Sweep and mop floors
    Extras
    Clean the fridge.. it is smelly!!
    Cleared dross, but too full yet to clean until end of week

MAD today. I cleared out the rest of the big bookcase and sorted out two more bags full for cs. Bookcase cleaned and books replaced neatly.

Hugs, sticks and spoons for all needing some
    Hope you all have a super Tuesday
    Lx
    £10day.2014=3213/2015=3421/2016=3238/2017=2702/2018=498..APR=12.03/300
    GrocC.2014=2162/2015=2083/2016=218/2017=1996/2018=450..APR=17.13/200
    Bulk buy.......APR=233.76
    GC.NSD..2015=216/2016=213/2017=229/2018=39..APR=03/15
    SPC130:staradminx61..2014=1178/2015=1287/2016=4616/2017=3843
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £13,140
  • MinnieMousesMummy
    Options
    Time to update my list and then heading to bed, as it's going to be a very busy week.

Monday Minging & Flinging - Kitchen and Dining Room
    Defrost the freezer
    Sweep and mop floors
    Sort & clean oven and hob
    Wipe dining table.. (clean table cloth if necessary)
    Get all paperwork together and sort out student budget for September
    Check everything is in place for Wednesday
    Discuss with dh the work that needs to be done in the shed.

Tuesday Triumphs
    Let the chickens out, feed animals and collect eggs
    Sort through drawers in the master bedroom
    Sort through wardrobe in the master bedroom
    Do a load of washing
    Check emails and declutter 50
    Check banking and pay bills
    Take ds2 to childminder
    Work 11:30 - 17:30
    Sort uni planner for October
    Check with childminder about changing days for uni term
    Collect ds2 from childminder
    Take a car load of rubbish to the tip
    Get uniforms ready for the morning
    HHI
    Declutter another kitchen cupboard
    Close chickens away
    Bath the kids and get them to bed at decent time
    Set the alarm and get an early night.

Carried over till later in week in prep for painting
    Dust any extra furniture in dining area, checking for cobwebs on way round
    Wipe and replace all those small appliances.. kettle, toaster etc
    Wipe & declutter all the windows sills in these areas!!
    Clean cupboard door fronts and fronts of appliances .. don't forget those kick boards..
    Check those washing machine filters and drawers for ickiness!! Tumble dryer, cooker hood and dishwasher filters need to be done too!!
    Clean the fridge.. it is smelly!!
    Wipe down any tiles and shine those taps.. a toothbrush is great for cleaning away the gunk!
    31 fling boogie..
    GO! buy yourself some flowers from the shop.. your reward for making the kitchen shine!
    Empty the bin.. wash it out.. and make it smell SWEET
    Clear floors of guff and stuff
    Clean baths, toilets, don't forget the outside! and sinks. Make them sparkle, sparkle!!!!
    Clear any clutter from desk
    Dust PC and desk and wipe off those cup rings!!
    Wipe keyboard, house phone, sockets, switches and mouse etc
    Wash your bathroom mats, nets, clean blind/curtains, shower curtains etc
    Wipe down tiles in bathroom.. defragment your pc while doing this.
    Empty and clean out all the upstairs bins!
    Hoover/Sweep and mop and deslop the floors in these rooms.
    Collect all the dirty laundry
    MAD half hour
    Wipe the skirtings, door and window frames in these rooms
    Empty the cupboard and clean it out.. colour ordered bottles inside!
    Fling all those empty bottles and tubes, do you really need that empty shower gel bottle?
    If you have a shelf.. empty and clean it
    Grab yourself a toothbrush and scrub the manky bits between the tiles
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Ooh bathrooms.

May also get some gardening done today.

Feel very groggy this morning, not sure what is up with my sleeping lately. Coffee required first! Errands today include popping to delivery centre to ask if they have a parcel - or maybe I should call - that I've not had a card through the door for.

DD wants to start this massive jigsaw she has - could take days, lol.

Right, will go put some veg in the hutch and get the kettle going - again!
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • atypicalblonde
    Options
    Morning All,

Slept poorly, then DS was up at 5am again - full of beans though, not being sick, so that's good.

Chilli already in the oven for dinner, and DW unloaded and reloaded. Out for the day so want to leave the house nice and tidy for when we get back later.

Need to nip into carpet shop and choose new one for DD room, also seen some nice bedding in Dunelm but summer hols means money seems to be leaking from my purse so will have to wait until they are back to school and I'm earning a bit more money to buy some frivolities! DS also nagging for a lego batman.

Right, brekkie and another brew calls x
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,862 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning

Kitchen is done
    2 ebay sales to pack up, both have been paid so need togo and post them
    Going to clean my car today as well
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,092 Forumite
    Options
    If no-one else wants to do it, I'll volunteer to do the lists next week. There's so much that needs doing here it might make me get on with it; I truly am a slatttern, Valli. My idea of the perfect day would be to spend it in bed with a never-ending pot of coffee, a never-ending box of chocolates, a pile of books and the radio, Devil Cat and Kelpie for company. And maybe the laptop. I need to get to grips with things.

Having said that, I shocked myself by getting up at 7.00 am - unheard of for me, watered the tree down the road which once again is looking 'crispy,' walked Kelpie twice, fed and medicined Kelpie and Devil Cat, filled up the bird feeders and emptied the DW. Now back on the patchwork, although Kelps is looking irritatingly hopeful which means he 'needs' another trot around the block.
    Better is good enough.
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,862 Forumite
    Options
    Car is clean
    Parcels posted
    Volunteering visits this afternoon, just rung one to arrange visit, no problem time agreed, the other is refusing to let me visit, so gone back to the charity arranger for further advise, never had anyone say no to me before, when arrangnig a visit..............
    Going to have a wander around internet for a bit
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • SunnyGirl
    SunnyGirl Posts: 2,639 Forumite
    Options
    Honey_Bear wrote: »
    If no-one else wants to do it, I'll volunteer to do the lists next week. There's so much that needs doing here it might make me get on with it; I truly am a slatttern, Valli. My idea of the perfect day would be to spend it in bed with a never-ending pot of coffee, a never-ending box of chocolates, a pile of books and the radio, Devil Cat and Kelpie for company. And maybe the laptop. I need to get to grips with things.
    That would be my perfect day too!!
    kazwookie wrote: »
    Car is clean
    Parcels posted
    Volunteering visits this afternoon, just rung one to arrange visit, no problem time agreed, the other is refusing to let me visit, so gone back to the charity arranger for further advise, never had anyone say no to me before, when arrangnig a visit..............
    Going to have a wander around internet for a bit
    How strange!

Morning all. Feel a bit of a fraud today as I did the bathroom yesterday while I was showering for some reason. I only have to empty the bin today and give it a wash out. The door could do with a wipe down on the landing side of it as I did the other side last week and it's still fine.

I have a free day ahead of me and have already started it lazily with lots coffee and a book :D Need to move myself and go and check that all the animals are alive and well. The dog who is 14 and blind sleeps like the dead and doesn't like being woken too early these days! Bless him.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure