PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 14th August 2017

Options

Comments

• Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Honey_Bear wrote: »
    If no-one else wants to do it, I'll volunteer to do the lists next week. There's so much that needs doing here it might make me get on with it; I truly am a slatttern, Valli. My idea of the perfect day would be to spend it in bed with a never-ending pot of coffee, a never-ending box of chocolates, a pile of books and the radio, Devil Cat and Kelpie for company. And maybe the laptop. I need to get to grips with things.

Then you're in charge! I now know for certain I wont have internet.

3 washloads on the line
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 15 August 2017 at 1:03PM
    Options
    bossymoo wrote: »
    Haha chuckled at your last sentence - mine too. And to add insult to injury, mines a combined washer / dryer lol.
    I have a washer/dryer, too. And I don't care if Kirsty What's-her-face wouldn't approve. I don't use it all the time, but it's essential in winter when I can't get bedlinen dry, or for "emergencies" like when Dilly had a "wee accident" on her blanket the day before she was to go home.
    If no-one else wants to do it, I'll volunteer to do the lists next week. There's so much that needs doing here it might make me get on with it; I truly am a slatttern, Valli. My idea of the perfect day would be to spend it in bed with a never-ending pot of coffee, a never-ending box of chocolates, a pile of books and the radio, Devil Cat and Kelpie for company. And maybe the laptop. I need to get to grips with things.
    Thank you for volunteering, HB; I sort of felt I "ought" to, but reality is that I can't guarantee being well enough or organised enough; and the Law of S0d says that I'd get stressed worrying about doing it right, and make myself ill with worrying. :cool:

Oh, and if we're on perfect days....
    • An endless supply of strong black coffee.
    • At least one dog for company, preferably more.
    • A volunteer to cook dinner (and WUDUPA afterwards)
    • A comfortable chair and a good RPG on the computer.
    :D:D:D:D:D

Have been into town and got a shedload of F&V for very little money (market stall had HUGE bowls of produce for £1 each); also got some hair colour (I currently look like a red-and-silver badger, so that's this afternoon's task) and some cheapie canvas shoes to keep in the car for when we're out and my feet are really painful but it's not appropriate to go barefoot.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • poohbear59
    poohbear59 Posts: 4,866 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    LW your worrying sounds !like me too. I would just make myself ill. Hopefully some day, I can do it.

Counselling session went okay but I still ended up crying and having to wear sunglasses when it was cloudy.

Back home and second load washing is on the line. Getting g ready to put some pot bound bedding plants into planters. After I will do a quick swish of the bathrooms.
    business mortgage £0))''(+ Barclay's business kitchen loan £0=Total paid off was £96105 PPI claimed and received £13527
    'I had a black dog, his name was depression".
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,092 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I think I need to do this, Lamewolf, so you'd have been depriving me of a golden opportunity to draw up an Immediate Urgent Action Toots List, as opposed to a Hells Bells I've Been Here 24 Years and This Stuff Still Needs Doing Toots List.
    Better is good enough.
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,454 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I think I need to do this, Lamewolf, so you'd have been depriving me of a golden opportunity to draw up an Immediate Urgent Action Toots List, as opposed to a Hells Bells I've Been Here 24 Years and This Stuff Still Needs Doing Toots List.

Thanks for taking [STRIKE]it[/STRIKE] us on, HB. Like the different Toots lists - mine have similar names! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

How are your plaaans progressing? "While OH is away, HB will play!"
    [cue wicked laugh offstage left]
  • Valli
    Options
    Have ironed one basketful of laundry and done some handwashing.
    Kitchen next...
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson

Thank you Honey Bear
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I shall breathe a sigh of relief and continue sending cat-be-well vibes, then. ;)

I'm obviously a lightweight - I only have a Hells Bells I've Been Here 15 Years and This Stuff Still Needs Doing Toots List.:rotfl:
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Valli
    Options
    I hope we are going to have sight of at least SOME of the items on the Hells Bells lists :rotfl:

Kitchen window cleaned; fly sticker replaced.

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Valli
    Options
    Kitchen cleaned. First lot of ironing put away; another lot ironed.
    Need to write a holiday list...

Thank you Honey Bear
  • froddington
    froddington Posts: 6,697 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    LameWolf wrote: »
    I shall breathe a sigh of relief and continue sending cat-be-well vibes, then. ;)

I'm obviously a lightweight - I only have a Hells Bells I've Been Here 15 Years and This Stuff Still Needs Doing Toots List.:rotfl:

Thanks for taking this on HB. I'll be out of the country from Mon - Thurs but will endeavour to join you on the Friday!

Oh, and I fit in somewhere between LW and HB - I have a 'Hells Bells I've Been Here Nearly 19 Years and This Stuff Still Needs Doing Toots List
    lynnejk wrote: »
    Afternoon all

Don't know about the courgettes (treat like marrow ?) and kale. Runner beans I prep entirely, simmer for 2/3 mins and blanch in iced water. I then roughly dry on kitchen paper, pack in portion sizes and freeze. When using I drop in boiling water and cook about ten minutes - HTH

Thanks for that - I picked even more runner beans today so will get them in the freezer tomorrow. So many conflicting ideas when I g00gled, it's good to have a method from someone who I 'know' IYSWIM :D
    "There's only one way of life and that's your own" - Levellers

"I'm feeling like a Monday but someday I'll be Saturday night" - Bon Jovi
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family