PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Weekly Flylady Thread 14th August 2017

Options

Comments

• dancemum
    dancemum Posts: 2,562 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Valli wrote: »

Bank won't accept cheques written over six months ago (but less than a year). Sigh.

That's usual practice X

Dailies done

Spent the day at Batman's home to see some Chinese Dinosaurs and some creepy stuffed animals. Weather was beautiful. X

2 of Ds2's Lego sets have sold on FB and have been collected.
    Old printer donated.
  • lynnejk
    lynnejk Posts: 5,732 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Evening everyone

Dailies done
    All rubbish put out
    Plants watered on balcony
    Spanish lesson done
    Kitchen WUDUPA, bunkers and hob wiped over

Monday Minging & Flinging - Kitchen and Dining Room
    Sweep and mop floors
    Extras
    Clean the fridge.. it is smelly!!
    Cleared dross, but too full yet to clean until end of week

Tuesday Triumphs - Bathroom and Study/Pc Area
    Hoover/Sweep and mop the floors in these rooms.

Wednesday Thllliiing!- Master Bedroom
    Vacuum floors in bedroom

Thursday twirls- Living Room and Hall
    Vacuum floors and sofas
    Wipe and water plants - how about giving the leaves a nice shine too. I hear milk or banana skins are good for this
    Vacuum under furniture you can manage to move without hurting yourself
    Extras..
    MAD half hour….
    Wipe down any paintwork that needs it.

MAD today. Emptied other of the CD x 50 stands and dusted each CD and hoovered out the stand. Added to others I want to keep. Rest in heap for DH to check and spare stand added to cs heap.

Hugs, sticks and spoons if you need some
    Hope you all have a super Thursday
    Lx
    £10day.2014=3213/2015=3421/2016=3238/2017=2702/2018=498..APR=12.03/300
    GrocC.2014=2162/2015=2083/2016=218/2017=1996/2018=450..APR=17.13/200
    Bulk buy.......APR=233.76
    GC.NSD..2015=216/2016=213/2017=229/2018=39..APR=03/15
    SPC130:staradminx61..2014=1178/2015=1287/2016=4616/2017=3843
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £13,140
  • Dizzy_Imp
    Dizzy_Imp Posts: 2,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Sleepy wave from my bed :wave:

Been a busy few days - sorry for not posting, but I have been reading :o

Second template survey for the granite worktops carried out yesterday. The walls in the chimney alcove where the range cooker will go are too uneven to have granite splashbacks installed, so I'm now in the hunt for tiles to complement what's already in, painted, stripped, sanded, sealed and/or on order. Wish me luck!

Zip all flying done. I lost heart when the dogs kicked over a bowl of ripe plums that I'd just picked and trod them round the carpeted floor of the entire caravan while I was feeding the chickens.

Oh, and DH decided to have the bonfire of all bonfires last night (I feared for the caravan and chicken house :eek:) and that still smouldering away this morning. No washing out then...that is, if it would stop raining.

Small people are still asleep :j
  • atypicalblonde
    Options
    Morning all

Two hours paid stuff for me this morning which I am looking forward to as I've not been working since the school hols began - it will be a nice peaceful two hours without hearing 'mummmmmmmyyyyy' all the time :rotfl:

Free and easy day after that - DD will probably wan to do some crafting, DS still at my mums. No doubt there will be some business admin to do for DH as well.

Flying - not a lot I don't expect :cool:
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hello,

Lovely day out yesterday - glad I took the sunscreen :eek: as it was I still felt a bit tinged when we got home.

DD is stirring now, she's had a solid 12 hours so should be ok for her 4hr dance workshop, followed by a break then an hour of gymnastics - yikes! DS still asleep (in my bed :mad:)

Just waiting for Mr A delivery, or I'd be in bed myself!

Today I need to catch up with bathrooms, my room is fine, just needs the bed making (when the skinny boy is out of it!) and I have a lot of rehoming of things to sort as well...
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • roundtuit
    roundtuit Posts: 4,113 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning :hello:

Just checking in to see which room I'm 'attacking' after doing the dailies.

LameWolf first eye of the Daruma doll is coloured in. Thank you :wink:

Flylady bug has definitely bitten me: it's a real novelty to sit here wondering whether to hoover the h/s/l first or MAD in the living room. :o

Thank you

Rx
    IT ONLY TAKES SMALL DAILY ACTIONS
    FOR MAGIC TO HAPPEN
    Rosemary Ikpeme
    :D
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,856 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all,

Both the Vallikids out at work! DD starts a new, temporary summer job today.

I can fly in peace!
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,881 Forumite
    Options
    Kitchen done
    Rubbish out
    Going to hoover in a bit
    Breast Cancer Now 100 miles October 2022 100 / 100miles
    D- Day 80km June 2024 6.4/80km
    Sun, Sea
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,097 Forumite
    Options
    roundtuit wrote: »
    Found a t shirt which I'd forgotten I had at the bottom of the pile :D

I found two pairs of shoes this morning at the bottom of a box of winter clothes that's been sitting in my office for three months waiting to be sorted, down from the attic where it's been for three or maybe even five years. Bonus!

I hope the essay writing is getting easier, Ionafan. I have a set of minutes to knit - last time it took seven hours.
    Valli wrote: »
    Sorry Jojo but I have laughed out loud.

^ ^ ^ Wot she said. V. sorry.

I decided to put three things away in my office / room of doom because it had got to the point that I'd covered every single surface with gibble at least two deep, and the whole of the carpet apart from a narrow corridor to the cupboard. Three hours later it looks a lot better and there's a big pile to go to the CS, a big pile in the recycling bag, and a big pile in the kitchen bin.

Kelpie's lost one of his Kongs.
    Better is good enough.
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,097 Forumite
    Options
    It's twice that price in Sainbobs, Valli, so thanks for that.

Bleach chucked at mouldy silicone sealant around the bath. I really must scrape it out and replace it but that's going to have to wait. Detergent drawer and slot in WM scrubbed out with a toothbrush; nasty. And I leave it open after I've done a load. Superking dusted, changed and dysoned ready for lodger's boyf who's arriving this afternoon for her opening night tonight. She's v. excited; it's her first major job since leaving drama college. Ensuite loo h@rpic'ed because that's nasty, too. Washing up bowl bleached.

I don't usually do chemicals to this extent but in view of listy-writing next week I've decided to do what everyone who has a cleaner does - clean before the true vileness surfaces before witnesses.
    Better is good enough.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family