PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 14th August 2017

Options

Comments

• SunnyGirl
    SunnyGirl Posts: 2,639 Forumite
    Options
    LW Hope your pain eases soon xx
  • lynnejk
    lynnejk Posts: 5,732 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Afternoon all

Sorry have no advice Pigpen - not had those problems thank goodness
    Sending some pain-get-gone vibes LW
    I have LOTS of courgettes, kale and runner beans from Dad's garden so have been looking for some recipes . . . . also a bit confused re info about freezing them - any advice? Ta
    Don't know about the courgettes (treat like marrow ?) and kale. Runner beans I prep entirely, simmer for 2/3 mins and blanch in iced water. I then roughly dry on kitchen paper, pack in portion sizes and freeze. When using I drop in boiling water and cook about ten minutes - HTH

Monday Minging & Flinging - Kitchen and Dining Room
    Sweep and mop floors
    Extras
    Clean the fridge.. it is smelly!!
    GO! buy yourself some flowers from the shop.. your reward for making the kitchen shine!
    Empty the bin.. wash it out.. and make it smell SWEET

Hope you're all having a great Monday
    Back laters
    Lx
    £10day.2014=3213/2015=3421/2016=3238/2017=2702/2018=498..APR=12.03/300
    GrocC.2014=2162/2015=2083/2016=218/2017=1996/2018=450..APR=17.13/200
    Bulk buy.......APR=233.76
    GC.NSD..2015=216/2016=213/2017=229/2018=39..APR=03/15
    SPC130:staradminx61..2014=1178/2015=1287/2016=4616/2017=3843
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £13,140
  • Aaarghusername
    Options
    Woo! Have achieved all of this without realising. We had a new tumble dryer delivered today and I scrubbed the whole kitchen out in anticipation of delivery.

Yes, Kirsty Allsop, I have a tumble dryer in my kitchen and I'm not even remotely sorry.
  • dancemum
    dancemum Posts: 2,562 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Airing cupboard emptied again.

HHI now
  • MinnieMousesMummy
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am here for this week. As usual I will be working partly from the list and partly from my own screaming list.

Already today I have check emails, fed animals, let the chickens out and collected eggs and also taken ds2 to the childminder. Currently working on paid stuff but procrastinating as it is quite.

Monday Minging & Flinging - Kitchen and Dining Room
    Defrost the freezer
    Finish paid stuff
    Collect ds2 from childminder
    Phone S%y regarding account
    Empty and sort through a cupboard
    Take rubbish to the tip
    Update work expenses
    Check over meal plans till end of year
    Make shopping lists till end of year
    Clear and wipe kitchen surfaces
    Sweep and mop floors
    Sort & clean oven and hob
    Wipe dining table.. (clean table cloth if necessary)
    Sort uni planner for September
    Get all paperwork together and sort out student budget for September
    Check everything is in place for Wednesday
    Discuss with dh the work that needs to be done in the shed.

Carried over till Wednesday in prep for painting
    Dust any extra furniture in dining area, checking for cobwebs on way round
    Wipe and replace all those small appliances.. kettle, toaster etc
    Wipe & declutter all the windows sills in these areas!!
    Clean cupboard door fronts and fronts of appliances .. don't forget those kick boards..
    Check those washing machine filters and drawers for ickiness!! Tumble dryer, cooker hood and dishwasher filters need to be done too!!
    Clean the fridge.. it is smelly!!
    Wipe down any tiles and shine those taps.. a toothbrush is great for cleaning away the gunk!
    31 fling boogie..
    GO! buy yourself some flowers from the shop.. your reward for making the kitchen shine!
    Empty the bin.. wash it out.. and make it smell SWEET

Sorry about my bits and pieces of a list, it going to be one of those weeks, as trying to juggle work, decluttering, decorating, uni prep, back to school prep and general flying.
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    One and three quarters boxes (the square tubs from L@keland) filled with blackberries and placed in the freezer. Yay - free grub! :money:
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Woo! Have achieved all of this without realising. We had a new tumble dryer delivered today and I scrubbed the whole kitchen out in anticipation of delivery.

Yes, Kirsty Allsop, I have a tumble dryer in my kitchen and I'm not even remotely sorry.

Haha chuckled at your last sentence - mine too. And to add insult to injury, mines a combined washer / dryer lol.

Well, all is quiet here, apart from the TV. Kiddies are fed and ready for bed. Kitchen is cleaned after dinner, with just my tea cup to go in the DW before I set it going.

We managed to get out for furries food, plus kiddies helped clean the hutch out before we set them back in for the night. Even the piggies have "helped" today be eating a couple of dandelions :rotfl:

Dad popped in and reminded me I could do the online check-in already, and get the boarding cards on my phone. So I've done that, and also taken screen shots of the QR images just in case technology fails us at the boarding gate :eek:

While we were out, we picked up a new school bag and water bottle for DD, think we are sorted now - will need to check the length of her jogging bottoms for winter pe but that can wait a month or two.

Oh, I treated myself to a new floor duster thingy for the new hallway floor that shows up every speck of dust...
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,462 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Natty68 wrote: »

Extras
    • Clean the fridge.. it is smelly!!

You were right, Natty - I hang my head in shame: a decomposing courgette and a mouldy piece of cooked beetroot have found their way from the kitchen fridge into the compost bin, and a red cabbage wrapped in plastic that has been sitting in the utility fridge for some time now, apparently minding its own business, turned out to be so grossly decomposed that it has gone straight into the dustbin. I hate wasting food so am very cross with myself :mad:

But at least all is now clear for the big shop tomorrow. I'm not buying red cabbage this week :cool:

I'd like to pick more blackberries tomorrow, if I have time...

The assignment is really getting me down, and I haven't even finished the first part of four yet :o I feel so drained that I'm afraid I'm about to start another 3-day migraine :( but I really hope not!
  • Cheeky_Girrrl
    Options
    I'm in - even if I only manage Level 1 each day. Thanks so much for this thread, I love it 😍

Worktops and kitchen window cleaned - rain rain rain here so just did the inside ;)

Spent half hour clearing out 'paperwork bundle' and have a bag full to take and hide in confidential waste at work tomorrow =)

Bloke didn't make it out to measure kitchen, he wants to come at lunch time tomorrow - hopefully I'll manage away from work to let him in
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,847 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 14 August 2017 at 8:42PM
    Options
    stand in needed for next week please

I'm going down the West Country to arr like a pirate and don't know if I'll have an internet connection.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family