PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 14th August 2017

Options

Comments

• Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,092 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Dizzy_Imp wrote: »
    I'm in. Actually I am in the bath after a skinful. Sorry Honey Bear. A minor relapse, that I have enjoyed thus far, sorry...

Why should I mind? I hope you thoroughly enjoyed it and aren't feeling too grim today.
    Or that I've got fiendish (and tasty) plans regarding a crabapple tree and a field of wild marjoram?

Ooooh recipe please! I'm always looking for something interesting to do with crabapples.

Piggers, was it your GP who told you the waiting list is 18 months? That sounds like it's the routine surgery wait, because an urgent referral can't be that long. Only the medics can decide whether you're routine or urgent and until you've been seen by the surgeon, whatever the wait is believed to be is kind of irrelevant. In the meantime (if you've got time, I know you haven't) write to your MP about the amount of time you're expected to wait for the surgery would be appropriate. The government is responsible for the waiting list not the hospital, so any letters they get puts pressure on them to put more money where it's needed. Nothing's going to change if you decide to go private, and you can't realistically make that decision until you know which waiting list you're actually on.

House tidied, all of the lodgers' washing is dry and has been cleared up so I can now set to on the dog's smelly bedding. I really must insist he doesn't eat bones on the carpet though because that now needs a wash again.

Speaking of which, I can't remember who's got a stinky child's bedroom. Is it worth asking a friendly dog owner to get their dog onto the case? Dogs love, love, love stinky thinks and at least one might be able to tell you where the problem is. Might be worth a try. It probably is something under the floorboards if you've searched the room and you can't find anything obvious like a boychild's trainers.
    Better is good enough.
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    I'm in - thanks for last week's lists, Valli - and this week's lists, Natty :)

Monday Minging & Flinging - Kitchen and Dining Room
    Level One...
    Clear and wipe kitchen surfaces - DONE
    Level Two..
    Sweep and mop floors
    Sort & clean oven
    Wipe kitchen table.. (clean table cloth if necessary)
    Level Three...
    Dust any extra furniture in dining area, checking for cobwebs on way round
    Wipe and replace all those small appliances.. kettle, toaster etc - DONE
    Wipe & declutter all the windows sills in these areas!!
    Clean cupboard door fronts and fronts of appliances .. don't forget those kick boards..
    Check those washing machine filters and drawers for ickiness!! - DONE
    Tumble dryer, cooker hood and dishwasher filters need to be done too!!

Extras
    • Clean the fridge.. it is smelly!! - DONE - and veggies used to make a ratatouille :T
    • Wipe down any tiles and shine those taps.. a toothbrush is great for cleaning away the gunk!
    • freezer tidy & inventory
    • Empty the bin.. wash it out.. and make it smell SWEET

I need 'Operation Use Up Jars' - my top shelf of the fridge is full with jars and bottles of various stuff - some of which really need using up.
    Used up tomatoes, courgette, peppers and aubergine which were all just thinking about going over in making a ratatouille along with onions, garlic and a sweet-chilli-pepper. Also have griddled aubergine slices cooling for a pasta dish.
    Now need to tackle the many kilos of plums sitting on one of the kitchen sides......:(
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    He has just surfaced to ask if I'm ready to leave to visit the friend.

I've been up and dressed since his alarm inexplicably went off before 8am. Which he slept through.

Monday Minging & Flinging - Kitchen and Dining Room

Level One...
    [strike]Clear and wipe kitchen surfaces[/strike]

Level Two..
    Sweep and mop floors. Nope - still crunching under my feet. I bet he moved the toaster last night without checking it had been emptied of crumbs again (only I seem to do it).
    Sort & clean oven and hob. I wonder whether he realises that you're supposed to clean it everytime you cook and spill something on it, rather than wait for me to be off work?
    Wipe dining table.. (clean table cloth if necessary). Will have to remove Idiot Cat and all his detritus off it. Again.

Level Three...

Dust any extra furniture in dining area, checking for cobwebs on way round
    [strike]Wipe and replace all those small appliances.. kettle, toaster etc [/strike]
    [strike]Wipe & declutter all the windows sills in these areas!! [/strike]
    Clean cupboard door fronts and fronts of appliances .. don't forget those kick boards..
    Check those washing machine filters and drawers for ickiness!! Tumble dryer, cooker hood and dishwasher filters need to be done too!!
    [strike]Wash up everything that he didn't do properly last night[/strike]
    [strike]Scrub the butchers' block and reoil[/strike]

Extras

Clean the fridge.. it is smelly!!
    Wipe down any tiles and shine those taps.. a toothbrush is great for cleaning away the gunk!
    [strike]Manky bits of food put back into the fridge fling boogie..[/strike]
    GO! buy yourself some flowers from the shop.. your reward for making the kitchen shine!
    Empty the bin.. wash it out.. and make it smell SWEET

Whilst he was still in bed, I went up and grabbed the manky socks off the floor, played with the Idiot Cat to try and annoy him enough to get up and there is at least five loads of washing to do.

And now he's asking me if I can remember where the friend lives. Just text him, it's been a year since I last went there and I'M BUSY.

And now he wants to meet up with another friend afterwards. You know we've got loads of things to do, right?
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • katiecat
    katiecat Posts: 231 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi everybody
    Hope all are doing ok.
    Have been ironing -only do bits that really need it so just need to put that away then start on list.
    Most rooms are not too bad but do need to de clutter some bits but find this really hard and keep too much stuff!
    Many thanks for lists- they really help
    Hugs
    katiecat :)
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Shiny kitchen:T

Lunch made, except DD who apparently isn't having any :eek: she will in a bit.

They are not even dressed yet. We need to pop out for furry food.

Have started putting things on suitcases... 2 weeks away yet but things like goggles, passports, swimmies etc that we possibly won't use between now and then.

Living room not looking it's best :p
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,862 Forumite
    Options
    Cultery draw sorted out
    Lawns now cut
    Rest time!
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,092 Forumite
    Options
    Carpet spot cleaned in various places, Devil Cat's litter tray dealt with. I have a feeling we're going to find some nasties somewhere because he's not using it as much as I think he should. I hope he's burying it in a plant pot in the yard because that would be healthy even though it's a change in behaviour which is always worrying.
    Better is good enough.
  • SunnyGirl
    SunnyGirl Posts: 2,639 Forumite
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone.

Dusted and vacced through the house and mopped the downstairs floors. Kitchen S&S'd, appliances wiped, dishwasher and washer have been cleaned inside and out and are on hot washes with bleach now. Ironing done and dry clothes put away. 2 x wash loads to go on but that may be tonight and I'll peg out in the morning as the forecast is for rain today.

Have just had a shower and cleaned the bath and shower screen while I was in there :D Lunch now then some telly and crochet then off up to my parents for tea tonight.
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,053 Forumite
    Options
    well the baby, for the first time in her 14 months, went in the bath (aka kitchen sink) .. stopped crying and played... and shouted when I took her out!!! .. I did get the DW loaded while she was in there though.. it is right next to the sink so I was stood in exactly the same place she was in no danger of falling.. I was in her arms reach still.
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I'm.... well, sort of in. As best I can. In a lot of pain just now, gods only know why, and also busy playing with my new dehydrator.
    Plus new guest Cookie will be here on Thursday for a 2-night stay to "get her used to being away" before her main holiday.

I need to sort the freezer; I had to do some shifting around of the contents to accommodate Fudge's HM food, and I want to get it back to it's proper order if possible. Fudge is coming again at the end of October, but only for a weekend, so shouldn't need to have any food frozen.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure