Add your feedback on energy supplier Eversmart Energy

Options

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,096 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    harefan wrote: »
    Further to my post on 29 August, I believe my switch took place on 19 September, but I wasn't asked or reminded to provide a meter reading. Consequently, my previous supplier had to estimate the final bill, which was significantly underestimated, but when I called the previous supplier, they said they could not amend a final bill. This is probably going to put my monthly payments out of kilter.

Also it took Ever Smart Energy until 29 September to send me an email about creating my online account at which point, I provided an up to date meter reading, but this was before I received the final bill from my previous supplier.

Just wondering about administrative efficiency here.

On the bright side, they did get my meter serial number correct.

The estimate will have been made by an industry third-party based on the data that they hold for your property. You need to check that the gaining and losing suppliers are using the same reading to open and close your accounts.
  • rogerhaworth
    Options
    I've been an Everstart electricity customer since 20th August. Today the company emailed me asking for an up to date meter reading which I have now submitted via their online portal
  • ICV
    ICV Posts: 47 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Me too. Wonder if they've been reading this thread.
  • rogerhaworth
    Options
    ICV wrote: »
    Me too. Wonder if they've been reading this thread.
    Do you think that they're that well organised????
  • lycrawearer
    Options
    As far as I'm concerned I personally am now avoiding EverSmart like the proverbial plague ..

I've had problem after problem with them, and at least 2 (possibly 3) failed transfers to them. Despite repeated text message conversations and phone calls from them, welcome packs being received, and also 2 monthly DD payment being taken (and immediately refunded by my bank under the DD guarantee) ... I'm still with British Gas. Then to top it all, I get an email saying my account is now live with them, and inviting me to log-in and look at my usage :(

I'm sorry, but EverSmart couldn't organise the proverbial **** up in a brewery, seriously.

Oh, and if EverSmart are reading this, and you're wondering why I'm complaining - you haven't once apologised.
  • rogerhaworth
    Options
    According to their website Eversmart Energy were not accepting new customers for quite a few weeks however they have now started allowing new sign ups.
  • Reef-Shark
    Options
    I have switched in August.
    Electricity went through smoothly however the gas switch is an absolute nightmare.
    I make a weekly telephone call to Eversmart to check to see what is happening with the change. (nothing!)
    I make a monthly call to get the gas part of my derect debit refunded as I am paying Daligas and Eversmart for my supply.
    The people I speak to are all very polite and understanding from both companies however it's been a quarter of a year now trying to do something that is supposed to be very easy.
    I switch every year using Martins "Energy Club"and this is the only time I had had problems.
  • Trippy50
    Options
    Switch to Eversmart went smoothly. Online account created and working.
    I sent a query as to whether they could take over my existing smart meters and they replied within hours, apologising that it was not possible but offering their own installation. Impressed so far.
  • Minime0007
    Options
    Switched at the beginning of September in time for the end of the BG October collective switch. Only contact was a welcome email. They seem really disorganised when you speak with them, they also lied to me when I asked about smart meter installation, told me it would happen on a specific date, when no one arrived I called and was told it was never going to happen, engineer not in the area and won't be for another two weeks!

I think I'm probably going to switch again. I would advise to avoid and go for the company MSE energy club reckons will cost an extra £1 a month, it will probably be worth it.
  • earlsgate
    Options
    switched last week but welcome pack did not show tariff breakdown details that were quoted on their website when requesting deal

I phoned to ask for correct details to be put in place but a week later have not had updated welcome pack

not really bothered as a took screen shots as I went through signing up for the deal and also saved webpages which I would advise others to do as then any offer not honoured could be easily challenged through ombudsman
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure