PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

The NEW waiting to exchange thread...

Options

Comments

• CommitedToChange
    Options
    Vampyr wrote: »
    So finally got some clarity on what is happening with my chain. Turns out someone (and their solicitor) in the middle of the chain can't add up! Deposit from house sale + mortgage does not give them the agreed purchase price of the house they are buying. Unbelievable. So now they have to reapply for mortgage and the rest of us have to just wait. People like this shouldn't be allowed to buy a bag of chips, let alone a house. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Oh !!!!!! that is just ridiculous. I'd be fuming, what a rubbish end to your week.
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,852 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Crikey Vampyr, what a fiasco!! :mad:

So much incompetence!! :eek:

No news for us, not had a response from our estate agent at all - not even a holding email saying they're chasing and will get back to us. Probably they're just busy but I confess I'm starting to get suspicious that something else has gone wrong...

They are open in the morning so I might pop my head round the door and have a word...
  • CommitedToChange
    Options
    Cheery Daft I would defo drop in. That's why I picked a local sol - just in case. Go bug your EA, so rude to not even drop you a quick email.
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,852 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    To be fair it's been less than 24 hours since I emailed them :o but even so... :D

Got another removals firm coming to quote tomorrow. I realise we probably won't be actually moving til next Christmas at this rate :rotfl:

We've had one quote of £700 from someone who's not been out (so I'm ignoring it), and a quote of £1050 from someone who came out last week and thinks we'll need an 18 tonne truck and to pack up the night before and store in their yard :eek:

What are the rest of you paying for removals? We're in a 3 bed house but there's only the pair of us. Not lots of furniture but LOADS of boxes (including a full cellar) so lots of trips to the van

Feels rather expensive! :eek:
  • RXT156
    RXT156 Posts: 46 Forumite
    Options
    Great to hear that so many people are exchanging and completing. Hopefully that will be me very soon! Contracts have been signed this week, just awaiting for a few questions to be answered about the vendors onward purchase but when that is done we will be good to go. Hoping to be in before mid-Feb!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Well after we pulled out last time we are in the process again. So here goes:

Solicitor Instructed 22.1.18
    Mortgage Application 22.1.18
    Surveyor Booked 23.1.18
    Surveyor out 24.1.18
    And now we are waiting. All documents with bank, all documents with solicitor and searches started.
  • Fisa002
    Fisa002 Posts: 145 Forumite
    Options
    Amanda_Cm wrote: »
    Fisa002, we applied to Nationwide via broker but they needed just latest payslips and bank statements from me and my partner. Just one each. Both of us are employed and we don't have any debs.
    We got text messages from Nationwide directly. Ask your broker why that's not the case in your situation. In the end of the day he/she is the person you are paying to deal with it and to inform you about everything related.

I did ask him and he acted surprised about them texting me. He said why would they text you when I will get the updates by calling them. I left it at that as I knew that other people got them but I thought maybe they applied directly themselves. I guess maybe the MB doesn’t want me hassling nationwide or something?
  • Midwifelife
    Options
    Had some good news today. Mortgage company have said will release funds on 30th in time
    For our completion date on the 31st. Unable to exchange today due to how late in the day this information was found out but solicitor said we should exchange Monday at latest. Feel so close now but still so far 😂
  • mutley74
    mutley74 Posts: 4,022 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Finally received keys earlier this afternoon.
    Looking at the property when empty vs viewings is completely different! Some keys and doors don't work very well
    Condition of some areas poorer than expected.
    plus side vendors did not leave place dirty.
    Found the entire length of the garage wall is black with mould & salts - no idea how i missed this and surveyor did not either (even though he inspected the garage- i presume i have no come back?) (mostly caused by the road on the other side being a higher elevation (approx. 1ft) than the garage floor.
  • CommitedToChange
    Options
    That's wonderful news Midwifelife. :j I'm sure it will all go smoothly next week

Oh no Mutley! Is the garage very bad, I admit I'm not sure at all. But you have the keys to your new place - so that's wonderful :j

I currently have wine, which is wonderful in its own way ;)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure